Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the spirit of Jack I will add my hot take on alcohol/addiction now that everyone else has moved on...

It’s been so interesting and really affirming to read everyone’s well thought out and balanced views and so many different experiences. I realised last year I had a problem with alcohol as although I was going out and getting rat arsed as often as my friends and colleagues, the aftermath would send me into a pit of despair and anxiety that made everyday life pretty unbearable. I started to use Class A drugs as well when I was very drunk (on top of prescribed medication for MH issues) and pretty much went into self destruct mode. I’d spend the weekend doing things I’m not proud of and the following week beating myself up and being unable to function. It didn’t look like an addiction - I didn’t ‘need a glass of wine at 9am to get through the day’ but I was using drink and drugs to escape from myself and actually spiralling into a much bigger issue. I gave up booze almost a year ago - I don’t intend to never drink again but I feel as though I’ve completely reset my relationship with alcohol. I’ve never felt healthier or mentally stronger, I could shout from the rooftops about the benefits. But I faced a lot of, for want of a better word, tit, from friends and acquaintances. One close friend told me she wasn’t sure we’d still be friends in a year’s time because I’d be ‘boring’. I’m so ashamed that I would have been one of those people a year ago, forcing people to have ‘one more drink’ or berating them for being dull. In reality I was trying to make my own bad behaviour seem more acceptable and replacing my personality with substances as someone up thread so eloquently put it. Anyway, I’ve proved to my friends that my actual personality is much more fun than someone spiralling into a serious mental health crisis, even if that person did enjoy dancing on tables at 3am and being the ‘wild friend’. I’ve started a new job, bought a flat and met someone new who is lovely and very supportive. I totally agree that in the UK our drinking culture is bizarre and unhealthy, I’d never judge anyone for having a good time but that is certainly not what I was doing. This has been a fantastic reminder of how far I’ve come and I’m so pleased others on this thread have had similar positive experiences.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I spent my lunch break going through the last few threads trying to find the insta name of NotJack. I love facts and I love a good stalk. Sadly, I don’t have instagram and just use one of those stalking sites. Checked LM but they only go back so far and not enough to see any JM slops.

However, I was thinking... if we saw a hand or an arm, that would be a tell tale sign that NotJack IS Jack as she would 📐 herself. We know those tattoos like the back of our hands. No shite scrawl on mine btw.

Ergo........ if NO hands/arms appear at all then the LACK of them might prove it’s her too.

Orrrrrrr as Poca said, maybe it’s someone pretending to be ‘Jack as NotJack’. Now THAT is one bored ninny.
I absolutely don't think notjack is jack. Why would she post so much nicer looking notslop on an anonymous Insta page?
The food is so much more appealing and simple than Jack's crap. And consistently vegan
I actually copied their simple cinnamon porridge idea yesterday and it was bloody delicious. (I added nutmeg and crushed nuts and left out the sugar)
I understand why people could think its her for all the other reasons but the food alone gives me cause to doubt it
How about an obsessed jack fan with a sock puppet account as the troll?
I am sure they both follow the same grifter too (another one 😂 who I think jack might be involved with but might be a triangulation too far, my child has just woken me up because of a scary noise and I can't get back to sleep so my facts may be askew).

In the spirit of Jack I will add my hot take on alcohol/addiction now that everyone else has moved on...

It’s been so interesting and really affirming to read everyone’s well thought out and balanced views and so many different experiences. I realised last year I had a problem with alcohol as although I was going out and getting rat arsed as often as my friends and colleagues, the aftermath would send me into a pit of despair and anxiety that made everyday life pretty unbearable. I started to use Class A drugs as well when I was very drunk (on top of prescribed medication for MH issues) and pretty much went into self destruct mode. I’d spend the weekend doing things I’m not proud of and the following week beating myself up and being unable to function. It didn’t look like an addiction - I didn’t ‘need a glass of wine at 9am to get through the day’ but I was using drink and drugs to escape from myself and actually spiralling into a much bigger issue. I gave up booze almost a year ago - I don’t intend to never drink again but I feel as though I’ve completely reset my relationship with alcohol. I’ve never felt healthier or mentally stronger, I could shout from the rooftops about the benefits. But I faced a lot of, for want of a better word, tit, from friends and acquaintances. One close friend told me she wasn’t sure we’d still be friends in a year’s time because I’d be ‘boring’. I’m so ashamed that I would have been one of those people a year ago, forcing people to have ‘one more drink’ or berating them for being dull. In reality I was trying to make my own bad behaviour seem more acceptable and replacing my personality with substances as someone up thread so eloquently put it. Anyway, I’ve proved to my friends that my actual personality is much more fun than someone spiralling into a serious mental health crisis, even if that person did enjoy dancing on tables at 3am and being the ‘wild friend’. I’ve started a new job, bought a flat and met someone new who is lovely and very supportive. I totally agree that in the UK our drinking culture is bizarre and unhealthy, I’d never judge anyone for having a good time but that is certainly not what I was doing. This has been a fantastic reminder of how far I’ve come and I’m so pleased others on this thread have had similar positive experiences.
I can identify with everything you have written. I have a long term damaging relationship with alcohol although not an addiction, drinking to excess on occasion even when I know the consequences will be bad. My dad is a ruined alcoholic, rock bottom 24/7.
I also have long term mental health stuff, no doubt from my parents and from my own drug and alcohol use from a young age.
I slipped into drugs as a secondary thing, through my connections and mainly during alcohol consumption, coming of age in the 90s as a young runaway and completely reckless genes.
I have stopped drinking numerous times and lockdown has been am absolute godsend in terms of zero temptation.
I've also been hassled by friends to just have one, get pissed etc despite my good friends knowing the destruction I have brought to my life with alcohol.
I've really enjoyed the sharing on here too, this cable is giving me so much right now, well done everyone for the candid shares and for dealing with all our challenges

ETA the other grifter is the sarah akwisome character.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I absolutely don't think notjack is jack. Why would she post so much nicer looking notslop on an anonymous Insta page?
The food is so much more appealing and simple than Jack's crap. And consistently vegan
I actually copied their simple cinnamon porridge idea yesterday and it was bloody delicious. (I added nutmeg and crushed nuts and left out the sugar)
I understand why people could think its her for all the other reasons but the food alone gives me cause to doubt it
How about an obsessed jack fan with a sock puppet account as the troll?
I am sure they both follow the same grifter too (another one 😂 who I think jack might be involved with but might be a triangulation too far, my child has just woken me up because of a scary noise and I can't get back to sleep so my facts may be askew).

I can identify with everything you have written. I have a long term damaging relationship with alcohol although not an addiction, drinking to excess on occasion even when I know the consequences will be bad. My dad is a ruined alcoholic, rock bottom 24/7.
I also have long term mental health stuff, no doubt from my parents and from my own drug and alcohol use from a young age.
I slipped into drugs as a secondary thing, through my connections and mainly during alcohol consumption, coming of age in the 90s as a young runaway and completely reckless genes.
I have stopped drinking numerous times and lockdown has been am absolute godsend in terms of zero temptation.
I've also been hassled by friends to just have one, get pissed etc despite my good friends knowing the destruction I have brought to my life with alcohol.
I've really enjoyed the sharing on here too, this cable is giving me so much right now, well done everyone for the candid shares and for dealing with all our challenges

ETA the other grifter is the sarah akwisome character.
NotJack doesn't follow her, but the troll does (the troll only follows a few accounts, one is Sarah and the rest are all about unearthing fraud). Very clearly someone who at least lurks here.

(Incidentally, I read through most of the Sarah Akwisombe threads a while back, although I'm not fully up to date. There was a lot of Taking It Off Tattle - but many of the posters had paid for services which had not been delivered and were chasing refunds. Obviously this is not the case here, just pure trollery, which is tit.)

• Wow
Reactions: 33
That snippet has her described to a tee. Always on the lookout for something to be enraged about and earn her a few quid as a talking head. She loves to whip up her followers’ outrage which gradually peters out and does nothing for the latest cause.

An obvious nomination for a thread title ‘She’s like a bored frog sitting on a log waiting for a fly to pass’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
That bored frog comment tickled me as well! I used to work with a Thai woman who likened a co-worker to a frog in a coconut shell, as in they had no idea what was going on in the world around them. Frog is a funny word anyway and such an apt description of some people.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The Cooper pics are not bad if you are an average Joan on social media. It's just that if she wants to be a writer, activist, or food personality, she should really know that most people that would start following her would not do it for all the random tit she shares and wants likes for. Even before my road to Damascus moment (when still I believed the poverty lies etc) it annoyed me (particularly the lack of actual recipe sharing. Just her plate of food and not telling those who like it - yeah I know- how to make it).

She is so unprofessional and it shines through in all the things she does (not prepping Instagram 'Lives', ignoring her Patreons, not meeting deadlines, lashing out at celebrities willy-nilly and creating pile-ons)

Reactions: 36
"I want to remove it from our library"

What without reading the context that the word is used? You want to censor children's literature without first ensuring that it is inappropriate just on the use of one word? A word that may well have been used to highlight how wrong it is to use that word.

It is more frightening that someone wants to remove a book on the say so of a person who, by her own admission, failed at education.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I've also been wondering with the David Williams books why she did not take that as an opportunity to put books she does think are great for kids in the spot light. You know, in the whole spirit of #bekind.

(I know, I know, that would take way too much effort for the likes she would get in return).

I am all for critically assessing the popular culture we consume, but all the negativity without something constructive is just more negativity. Rather than rallying for the removal of David Willias books, why not cheer for the authors or books that deserve more attention? Why keep the outrage machine humming when you can do something constructive as well?

She reminds me of my colleague who during our lunch walk kept on ranting about some stupid PETA campaign (about not using animal words in sayings or something) and how ridiculous it was. After 20 minutes I congratulated him for doing exactly what PETA wanted him to do: amplifying the campaign and adding to the noise (PS I don't eat meat and dairy for animal wellfare reasons, but PETA can get tae France for me).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I think I may have said this before, but I have a friend who is in the public eye (performing arts) and I noticed a formula to her twitter feed that I thought was good. She does one tweet to promote the wider work of her employer (often a corporate RT/QT), one 'behind the scenes' tweet which basically shows what she's working on that day or her shoes or dinner, and one tweet about something she's just read online, or a campaign involving her sector of the industry.

It would be so much better for Jack if she took more of a professional approach to Twitter for her main account, although we wouldn't have so much to talk about here, I'm sure we'd 🔺any alt accounts quick smart.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
"I want to remove it from our library"

What without reading the context that the word is used? You want to censor children's literature without first ensuring that it is inappropriate just on the use of one word? A word that may well have been used to highlight how wrong it is to use that word.

It is more frightening that someone wants to remove a book on the say so of a person who, by her own admission, failed at education.
My daughter says someone has gone through the books in their 'reading nook' at school with the white out, getting rid of any bad words 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Morning Frauen and herren. Enjoying my morning grunk with a coffee while watching my boy leap headfirst into his ball pit, then throw all of the balls out. Reminded me of JM somehow 🤔

Been thinking about her abysmal brand collabs. Without 🔺, it's a field I work in (though I'm not a literal expert like @heretoreaditall2019 ) albeit in a very different sector.

It goes without saying that the content she's produced for Hellman's, Del Monte etc is pure garbage. The performance metrics will be awful and I can't imagine she's driving many (if any) sales, which is what she'll be paid for. I'm sure her agent will claim to the marketing managers that JM is 'enhancing brand awareness' (that old chestnut) but these days it's all about UTM links, driving traffic and sales, it's obvious from the fact she's never worked with the same brand twice that they're getting no ROI.

Wish I had access to tools like Tagger to look up her average campaign performance, now that would be a fascinating read.

ETA: When I did have to approach her in a professional capacity, she completely ignored me (even though my Twitter bio and email makes it obvious I was from a PR agency) and it took weeks for her not particularly brilliant agent to come back to me.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing your stories around this. I stopped drinking just before I turned 30 because I realised how negatively it was affecting my MH, relationships and I was generally acting like a rear. One of the reasons I love these threads so much is because I recognise a lot of myself in JM and the discussions here have helped me address them directly, without blaming someone or something else for my chaoses, like I used to. I actually had half a glass of wine for my birthday yesterday as a bit of a 'test' and immediately felt crap. Reading through this thread helped me feel like leaving the rest of the glass was the right thing for me to do.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
My daughter says someone has gone through the books in their 'reading nook' at school with the white out, getting rid of any bad words 🙄
If it's a student who did it, I would quite like that actually, as to me it would show some critical thinking, engaging with what they read, and taking action to correct what they see is wrong (yeah it's vandalism in one way, but it's not the same as removing the book or the same as drawing a cock and balls in the margin). You could have some great discussion about it in the class, depending on their age (i.e. what form of protest do you agree with and where would you draw the line? Are you very pragmatic about it, idealistic, or principled. Should you act like this if you disagree with what you see or read, or should we be open to disagreeing. Etc)

If it's a teacher or adult who did it, it would be less interesting

Reactions: 29
I've also been wondering with the David Williams books why she did not take that as an oportunity to put books she does think are great for kids in the spot light. You know, in the whole spirit of #bekind.
Exactly. Especially because if you take away the DW books, kids who love all the fart jokes etc aren't going to say, "Oh well, no Gangster Granny, guess I'll have a crack at War & Peace instead." They just won't read.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
If it's a student who did it, I would quite like that actually, as to me it would show some critical thinking, engaging with what they read, and taking action to correct what they see is wrong (yeah it's vandalism in one way, but it's not the same as removing the book or the same as drawing a cock and balls in the margin). You could have some great discussion about it in the class, depending on their age (i.e. what form of protest do you agree with and where would you draw the line? Are you very pragmatic about it, idealistic, or principled. Should you act like this if you disagree with what you see or read, or should we be open to disagreeing. Etc)

If it's a teacher or adult who did it, it would be less interesting
It's definitely been the teachers on someone's orders. The kids themselves most definitely know (and use) all the swears!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.