Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning to this post from January 2019. I’m doom scrolling because I’m trapped on the sofa with baby on me.

If she thought it was chaotic him being off school for two days pre-Covid then my goodness she had no idea what was about to hit her!

Which was it Jack? Was it just a ‘tactical vom’ or was he a ‘sick patient’ that needed carried around?

View attachment 500025
All blended raw to a smooth sauce 😔

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
My daughter says someone has gone through the books in their 'reading nook' at school with the white out, getting rid of any bad words 🙄
This reminds me of a recent experience during homeschool for my youngest.
🔺 he used the word seduce in the correct context but the teacher decided to change it to entice as seduce wasn’t appropriate for school / his age (he’s 9 year 5 )

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
If the best case scenario is 3k sales during a period cookbook sales are at an all time high you’d just call the whole thing off wouldn’t you. Do blank pages for the victims that bought it to fill in with some recipes for solids, give her the next x books advances just to duck off.
Yea, how disheartening to see her latest effort come in and thinking "bloody hell, we have proof-read, edit, find a nice cover for it, print the bastard and then bleeping market it - all for maybe selling 3000 copies..."

• Haha
  • Heart
This reminds me of a recent experience during homeschool for my youngest.
🔺 he used the word seduce in the correct context but the teacher decided to change it to entice as seduce wasn’t appropriate for school / his age (he’s 9 year 5 )
Surely entice changes the meaning totally?

Reactions: 22
Was that the ice skater one or the incest one?
Weren't all her books incest related? 😱
We devoured them as kids. When she died someone else carried on writing them in her name. Wtf?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Just had a sudden horrible thought - what has she done with the hair from her undercut?
Reminds me of the episode of Frasier where he dates a kooky artist and it gets to full moon and she howls at moon then cuts off all her hair and stuffs cushions with it. Hope this doesn’t give anyone any ideas..

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Weren't all her books incest related? 😱
We devoured them as kids. When she died someone else carried on writing them in her name. Wtf?
That writer who took over was tragically but floridly imprisoned in Virginia's attic, mastering her white-trash-Gothic style, and biding her time until the house burned down in the fires of its own redemption, or maybe by a vengeful but smoulderingly sexy patriarch, killing Virginia, and releasing her successor, whose prose was always lurid, even in the sunlight.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Good morning to this post from January 2019. I’m doom scrolling because I’m trapped on the sofa with baby on me.

If she thought it was chaotic him being off school for two days pre-Covid then my goodness she had no idea what was about to hit her!

Which was it Jack? Was it just a ‘tactical vom’ or was he a ‘sick patient’ that needed carried around?

View attachment 500025
That sounds like that mans 7 veg pasta sauce recipe

• Wow
Reactions: 21

View attachment 500025
Jesus, that day sounds effing exhausting. She was completely manic. Would love to know how many things she actually did from that list of mayhem.

[exactly, the gauche stories of finding love after poverty, Jackie Collins inspired ]
I laughed out loud at this. Bit gauche darling but a really sick dark part of me wants to be a fly on the wall, I keep getting visual flashbacks of the giant inside out sports bra sans infills and the Vivien Westwood dress with 'close your mouth, we are not a codfish'. I am confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If she gets poor sales does she have to return the advance?
Sorry I saw this first time and drafted a comment - I wouldn’t think so, but I’m not 100% sure if it can vary by contract. Major triangulation but a friend / ex house mate was in a similar situation where her project didn’t even out earn its costs, so she “owes” tens of thousands. She will never have to pay them back, but it shuts the door on any one else wanting to put money behind her so she has to self publish / do a lot on social media instead.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Yea, how disheartening to see her latest effort come in and thinking "bloody hell, we have proof-read, edit, find a nice cover for it, print the bastard and then bleeping market it - all for maybe selling 3000 copies..."
I don’t think anybody is proofreading or editing it.

• Haha
That writer who took over was tragically but floridly imprisoned in Virginia's attic, mastering her white-trash-Gothic style, and biding her time until the house burned down in the fires of its own redemption, or maybe by a vengeful but smoulderingly sexy patriarch, killing Virginia, and releasing her successor, whose prose was always lurid, even in the sunlight.
😂 I love this 😍🤣 still chuckling

• Haha
Reactions: 14
We need a publishing frau in here! Surely if the prior release is at 3k units this’ll be forecast for similar, so what supermarket or big bookseller will want it? Would they even print up 3k units? Surely a run that small is very expensive cos of the set up fees?! Also would they even bother with a photo shoot for something taking sub £20k? So many questions I’m editing them in 😂😂

I feel sorry for the well meaning indies that’ll stock this tit and lose money.

• Haha
The amount of people on Good Reads gifted a free copy of GFFBD is staggering. Assuming they just wanted as many positive reviews as poss to increase sales. Didn't work though did it? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Was it one of her early books that she claimed the agent/publisher had 'stolen' all the money from? That was one of the early red flags for me but I can remember the details...does anyone have the receipts?

View attachment 500025
Ducking hell, how many emojis?! It's like the stuff my elderly aunties put in Facebook, with pics of their Live Laugh Love decor. How is this woman only in her early 30s.

• Haha
  • Wow
Yeah, WTF is going on with that post? It's like the messages your mum sends right after she learns how to do emojis.
My exact thoughts - its like a text from my mum :ROFLMAO: she loves an emoji but due to her eyesight not being what it was often puts the wrong ones so I have to try and decipher what on earth she is trying to say. Jack is definitely a boomer at heart!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Jack, care to comment on this at all? Your favourite supermarket wasn’t exactly treating its workers fairly and mostly women have been affected. Or do you just dance in the book aisle clutching yellow

Please and thankyou.

00C89289-C025-4F18-8F3F-6B43B57AB385.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.