Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ˜‚ā¤ love this! thatā€™s the website I use to convert it for ad hoc things on here, thereā€™s a formula you can use in excel if you need this btw? Itā€™s unix time and it basically starts from some date in the 70s which I think is when unix was released...? Itā€™s the easiest / quickest time format to choose (IMO) when outputting to a file, itā€™s just annoying it requires translating to something a human can understand!

On topic: Jack hun whereā€™s our bleeping slop, the coven deserve more than timestamp discourse, pls something red, or blue, or even your traditional brown, we do not mind šŸ™šŸ»
OT but I fell down a rabbithole reading about all this and am overjoyed to discover that there is something known as an 'epochalypse'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
It's definitely been the teachers on someone's orders. The kids themselves most definitely know (and use) all the swears!
The only sensible response is to print off stickers with all the swears on it and let your kids fix those books. #It'sWhatGutenbergWouldHaveWanted

• Haha
Reactions: 41
It's definitely been the teachers on someone's orders. The kids themselves most definitely know (and use) all the swears!
Yeah, I think I got carried away a bit by the idea of kids doing some civil disobedience / vandalism as a way to express their dissaproval of something in society :LOL:. Teachers using white out for swears is just boring. (I went to a rather Christian school where in Dutch literature class all the books that had gay relationships came with a warning that 'it was not in accordance with the viewpoints of the school'. Still, the other school nearby was worse. They had biology books with the pages that had a photo of a nude man and woman taken out....yes I did go to school before the internet was big).

ETA:I am now just remembering that some of the Christian primary schools in the region I'm from in NL are not keen on kids reading Harry Potter, because of the magical/occult elements.

Sorry for the off topics. JM is still a grifter

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Actually Jack's latest offering could pass for a Walliams book, no? "It's about a woman with dirty fingernails who pulls slimy hairs out of the drain to make crafts, then forces her son to eat endless bowls of slop."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
I'm finally on the current thread!
My progress has been hampered by my smol chaos yesterday. Was cycling along heading to a work visit, tanked it off my bike. My knee, thumb and face is all scraped etc but most importantly my whole right side is sore and that is my Tattle reaction/scroll side but my brain is still inside at least.
Thankfully the PPE I had to wear covered up the majority of my fucked up body parts - the staff at this place were a little strange so I didn't feel like I could be all 'fell off my bike LOL can I have a plaster' whilst blood congeals everywhere.

On topic(ish) I am so excited for seeing the new members going through the threads, they haven't reached my advent of coming out the bushes (reverse Homer gif) but I'm going to be very proud when they arrive at no.100. I admire their stamina because catching up on 2-3 feels like a big deal, I just wanna be in the present avec Frau und Herr.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
I normally donā€™t like to be too speculative because it feeds the narrative that we all make things up about Jack then run wild with them....however....

Does anyone else think the book deadline got extended until the end of this month and that she has actually been working this last week (deactivations/private Insta and relatively quiet Twitter activity in general)?

I still feel that her need to boast about her book being sent into the editors/printers to her 300k odd followers would outweigh her desire to keep the 500 here guessing and there hasnā€™t been any proclamation. I donā€™t believe for a single second her ā€œneed to be away for my family and to work on my issuesā€.

• Wow
Reactions: 42
@FlashBoof That makes sense. Hasn't it already been extended at least once?

I don't believe she's away to work on her issues either, she seems to do that by posting it all on Twitter.

Reactions: 26
@FlashBoof That makes sense. Hasn't it already been extended at least once?

I don't believe she's away to work on her issues either, she seems to do that by posting it all on Twitter.
Well, time will tell, I suppose. There is still no update on her recipes or blog regarding the vegan Del Monte stuff (man alive, they have been royally ripped off, even if they only paid her in crates of fruit!).

Anyway - I am REALLY looking forward to the Breakdown article, and the Tory think tank work, if thatā€™s what she has been doing, in between guided meditation and compulsive John Lewis app scrolling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Judy Blume

'I must, I must increase my bust' Has stuck with me for life from those books!!! Paula Danzinger was another fav of mine.

Well, time will tell, I suppose. There is still no update on her recipes or blog regarding the vegan Del Monte stuff (man alive, they have been royally ripped off, even if they only paid her in crates of fruit!).

Anyway - I am REALLY looking forward to the Breakdown article, and the Tory think tank work, if thatā€™s what she has been doing, in between guided meditation and compulsive John Lewis app scrolling.
The moon is at 92%, the fizzing is bubbling up in Southend, lol, she is a fan of a gibbous moon too :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
I normally donā€™t like to be too speculative because it feeds the narrative that we all make things up about Jack then run wild with them....however....

Does anyone else think the book deadline got extended until the end of this month and that she has actually been working this last week (deactivations/private Insta and relatively quiet Twitter activity in general)?

I still feel that her need to boast about her book being sent into the editors/printers to her 300k odd followers would outweigh her desire to keep the 500 here guessing and there hasnā€™t been any proclamation. I donā€™t believe for a single second her ā€œneed to be away for my family and to work on my issuesā€.
If the best case scenario is 3k sales during a period cookbook sales are at an all time high youā€™d just call the whole thing off wouldnā€™t you. Do blank pages for the victims that bought it to fill in with some recipes for solids, give her the next x books advances just to duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
If the best case scenario is 3k sales during a period cookbook sales are at an all time high youā€™d just call the whole thing off wouldnā€™t you. Do blank pages for the victims that bought it to fill in with some recipes for solids, give her the next x books advances just to duck off.
I am sure I read an independent story shared here that her deal was a two book thing with Good Food and the untitled Next Best Seller that has been delayed at least twice. I know Jack has made out that her povvo collection curated from the public, and other books, are in the pipeline but that is surely a weasly way of NOT saying she hasnā€™t got a deal for them? If the 3k sales on Good Food along with the need to prop up Tin Can Cook with ā€œfundraising to buy for the food bankā€ sales is all she has got, then what publisher will entertain the idea of any more offerings?

Edit: To add this link https://www.thebookseller.com/news/...vegan-collection-monroe-two-book-deal-1025546

This is the story I read - So Veganish and Good Food were the two books ....does this mean she DID get a further deal off the back of Good Food? And maybe the sales were better than we think?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
]
Virginia Andrews too! Bloody hell, I was way too young to have read Flowers in the Attic when I did!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
If the 3k sales on Good Food along with the need to prop up Tin Can Cook with ā€œfundraising to buy for the food bankā€ sales is all she has got, then what publisher will entertain the idea of any more offerings?
Especially when they see the draft of her next book, which is going to make Good Food seem almost useful by comparison.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.