Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The brambly mice laugh at poor Cooper behind his back. They have actually made saddles and bridles so that they can corral the magpies that also scratched Cooper's nose. Then they will ride into battle armed with thorny brambles and avenge Terry the sparrow by forcing Jack to eat her own slop and apologise publicly to Cooper for destroying his street cred.
I’m imagining someone new entering this thread at this point, reading this paragraph and being like: ‘what....the....duck?!!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I’m on a grunk so apologies for where this lands, but why is the humble pot noodle getting such a slagging?! Most of my pre-teen and teen weekends were spent on a horse yard and honestly in the winter when you’d been shovelling stables and grooming horses all morning in the freezing cold, a pot noodle from the kettle in the tack room was THE best lunch to warm you up. Maybe why I have such affection for them because of the memories, but when I’m really hungover, a chicken & mushroom pot noodle is a game changer 😂 they even used to do Pot Rice but I dunno if that exists any more, the curry one was so good for warming your belly in the winter and it would keep you full all afternoon. Plus scrub as you might nobody has clean enough hands on a yard to even consider eating a sandwich that you have to hold!

pot noodles have their place. they are tasty and filling. I had the chow mein one the other day for the first time in years, was a good nostalgia trip. however, stirring peanut butter in is a step too far 🥴

I would OutJack her into submission.

JM: "Hi, I'm Jack Monroe, writer, activist, cook, 90% vegan, TV presenter, author, campaigner..."

CL: "Nice to meet you. I'm colouredlines, teacher, writer, internet bully, linguist, knitter, yogini, sewer..."

JM: "...recovering alcoholic, disabled person, double denim enthusiast, poet, dreamer, accidental conqueror of my own fears..."

CL: "I'm also a hiker, immigrant, crypto investor, bored hausfrau, protestor, educator, owner of a GAD diagnosis from a real doctor, AND I can dice an onion in under a minute."

JM: "I'm a washing machine operator!"

CL: "I was once on The Weakest Link!"

JM: "My granddad's dead!"

CL: "I can both make and spell béchamel!"

JM: "duck off, I'm going for a piss and a sandwich."

It will be MAGICAL, dear hearts.
you were on the weakest link?! used to love that show, screeching "bank! BANK, you dumbass!" at the telly I'm sure I didn't scream that at you though, dear heart. ❤

used to work with a dude who went on it. made a massive deal out of it. went out in the 2nd round. turned up on coach trip a few years later. has the same name as an extremely famous dead singer 📐

on topic, Jack's a twit 🙂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I would OutJack her into submission.

JM: "Hi, I'm Jack Monroe, writer, activist, cook, 90% vegan, TV presenter, author, campaigner..."

CL: "Nice to meet you. I'm colouredlines, teacher, writer, internet bully, linguist, knitter, yogini, sewer..."

JM: "...recovering alcoholic, disabled person, double denim enthusiast, poet, dreamer, accidental conqueror of my own fears..."

CL: "I'm also a hiker, immigrant, crypto investor, bored hausfrau, protestor, educator, owner of a GAD diagnosis from a real doctor, AND I can dice an onion in under a minute."

JM: "I'm a washing machine operator!"

CL: "I was once on The Weakest Link!"

JM: "My granddad's dead!"

CL: "I can both make and spell béchamel!"

JM: "duck off, I'm going for a piss and a sandwich."

It will be MAGICAL, dear hearts.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
@colouredlines .... you've been on the Weakest Link!!!? I've been re watching the older ones with Ann Robinson. I forgot how savage she was to the contestants...but it's such a great show.

Did she speak to you?😂

Reactions: 21
pot noodles have their place. they are tasty and filling. I had the chow mein one the other day for the first time in years, was a good nostalgia trip. however, stirring peanut butter in is a step too far 🥴

you were on the weakest link?! used to love that show, screeching "bank! BANK, you dumbass!" at the telly I'm sure I didn't scream that at you though, dear heart. ❤

used to work with a dude who went on it. made a massive deal out of it. went out in the 2nd round. turned up on coach trip a few years later. has the same name as an extremely famous dead singer 📐

on topic, Jack's a twit 🙂
It was a really mad experience, and surprisingly intense. I actually had a Jack moment and mispronounced an answer, and Anne Robinson paused for what felt like eternity before saying, "I'll accept." In my defence, I was 20!

@colouredlines .... you've been on the Weakest Link!!!? I've been re watching the older ones with Ann Robinson. I forgot how savage she was to the contestants...but it's such a great show.

Did she speak to you?😂
She had a policy of only speaking to contestants when the camera was running, so as not to break character. She was mean about my hairstyle, but I dissed her in my exit interview so let's call it a tie.

There was a very religious American woman on with me whose job involved matchmaking virgins in Essex, so she got the brunt of it.

I would love to see Anne Robinson vs Jack! R Jackie would be on the floor howling in seconds...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I think I would need to ask R Jackie to recite her Lady Di tribute poem (we all know there is one)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I’m on a grunk so apologies for where this lands, but why is the humble pot noodle getting such a slagging?! Most of my pre-teen and teen weekends were spent on a horse yard and honestly in the winter when you’d been shovelling stables and grooming horses all morning in the freezing cold, a pot noodle from the kettle in the tack room was THE best lunch to warm you up. Maybe why I have such affection for them because of the memories, but when I’m really hungover, a chicken & mushroom pot noodle is a game changer 😂 they even used to do Pot Rice but I dunno if that exists any more, the curry one was so good for warming your belly in the winter and it would keep you full all afternoon. Plus scrub as you might nobody has clean enough hands on a yard to even consider eating a sandwich that you have to hold!
We used to do the same on our yard! In the hay barn though so no one could grab you to do more work before you’d finished your lunch! I think I had too many back then so now can’t stomach them.

We probably shouldn’t talk about horses too much in a Jack thread though 💦

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Depends upon the context of meeting her. If it were connected to work, it would be the usual smile and professionalism. Socially (God, I hope not), probably a conversation something along the lines of how she spoke to Frostie from Gardeners' World 'Oh, I have some wonderful recipes based around inexpensive ingredients such as potatoes - do you cook at all?'.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think I would need to ask R Jackie to recite her Lady Di tribute poem (we all know there is one)

I have one. Or had one penned for the funeral.
Am I Jack? 🔺🔻🔺

ETA: In my defence I was only 9 when it happened. But then so was Jack!

Hers probably circa 2020, inspired by The Crown

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Have to say if I met Jack I’d like to think I’d be a proper witch.
Would say I wasn’t familiar with her work, then in response to ‘I’m a poverty campaigner’, I’d ask if she did the same sort of thing as Marcus Rashford, and go on about his achievements asking if she was also aware of them.
However I’d probably just say ‘hi’.
Ive had to listen to a lot of self important bullshit in my time, so as my gran would say, I wouldn’t give her many cuttings.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.