Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hugh FW, Anna Jones, Meera Sodha, Rukmini Iyer all come to mind instantly as omni food writers who would do an excellent job.

ETA although I can imagine they might all say no to the LM tie in.
Even the Hairy Bikers have done a couple of veggie books (a diet one and a regular one) which are much more appealing than Jack's stuff. They don't claim to be veggie, just that they like food, and appreciate a lot of folk like meat free options etc

Reactions: 32
(excuse the editing, my quote posting went wrong)

I think the Hairy Bikers would have been great in a Linda McCartney collab. They could have used the meat subs in many of their traditional dishes. They have a vegetarian book out with many vegan recipes, without claiming to be vegan themselves. I see that Richmond are branching out from sausages, and introducing mince and meatballs. Maybe they will ask the Hairy Bikers next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
Having meat free meals is a great idea, I want to learn more veggie recipes - if nothing else because high welfare meat and fish is very expensive. I feel like veganism is a way of life, not just a way of eating and she doesn’t get that. (Vegans may disagree - I’m not a vegan but very interested in expanding my cooking to include vegan recipes) I have a fussy eater at home anyway.

Reactions: 24
@Orphan_Black

I think the Hairy Bikers would have been great in a Linda McCartney collab. They could have used the meat subs in many of their traditional dishes. They have a vegetarian book out with many vegan recipes, without claiming to be vegan themselves. I see that Richmond are branching out from sausages, and introducing mince and meatballs. Maybe they will ask the Hairy Bikers next year.
I do too. They are just nice blokes who love food.

Jack is the complete opposite, she seems to despise cooking, she gets no joy out of it. If she took just half the energy she uses on her Twitter chaoses and focussed that into making TikTok style quick makes and budget cheats, and actually built a brand for herself, she could have been a success. The success she really seems to think she is now.

Reactions: 26
Stacey was working in Luton Airport, in a bar I think? I saw her do a talk a few years back where she said she never had any qualifications, thought she'd just work in the airport forever. She got approached to do a tv show for the BBC when she was 18 or 19, that took young women who were super into fast fashion and took them to see sweat shops in India. She told the interviewer that the BBC just liked how interested she was and how she was a natural at just asking a question well and letting the other people open up to her.

Reactions: 34
Having meat free meals is a great idea, I want to learn more veggie recipes - if nothing else because high welfare meat and fish is very expensive. I feel like veganism is a way of life, not just a way of eating and she doesn’t get that. (Vegans may disagree - I’m not a vegan but very interested in expanding my cooking to include vegan recipes) I have a fussy eater at home anyway.
Veganism can be a way of life more than just a diet, but, that's down to the person. Jack was just outright offensive with her LM collab. It felt like she was sneering at the community.

I do too. They are just nice blokes who love food.

Jack is the complete opposite, she seems to despise cooking, she gets no joy out of it. If she took just half the energy she uses on her Twitter chaoses and focussed that into making TikTok style quick makes and budget cheats, and actually built a brand for herself, she could have been a success. The success she really seems to think she is now.
Yes, she could of if she had, as you say, any talent or interest. I don't think she is capable of producing interesting and useful quick makes and budget cheats, based on what I have seen her produce. I cringed when on the show with Grace Dent she was boasting about the fact that she did not know what she was doing and her books consisted of her sending info on her dinners to her publishers who then packaged them as books because they were SO BRILLIANT.(implication).

• Wow
  • Sick
This is the thing. Vegan is absolutely a way of life. Plant based eating is what the majority of people dip in and out of first.
Is your oil vegan? May not be extracted from an animal but did the production of it adversely effect an animal's habitat? May be a bad example but I think you get the idea.
Vegan vs plant based is very different.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I know it's all gone quiet on the legal front...but I'll be buying my court outfit just in case.

20210325_123719.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Veganism can be a way of life more than just a diet, but, that's down to the person. Jack was just outright offensive with her LM collab. It felt like she was sneering at the community.
I am still surprised LM accepted that weid curry with sausages dish. What the actual frig was that supposed to be? (Loved how people in the thread asked about the dumplings in the dish, haha).

• Haha
Reactions: 29
NotJack is an Instagram account that was set up in January, claimed to be a new vegan, and went straight into defending Jack against the angry vegans on the Linda McCartney page.

Since then, the account has shared lots of photos of vegan food.

There is some circumstantial evidence suggesting that NotJack is Jack. Most notably:

* NotJack's first action on Instagram was to defend Jack. NotJack does not follow Jack, and would appear to have no real dog in this fight - so why jump in?

* NotJack claims to be a brand new vegan who started in Veganuary and is still going. However, immediately after appearing, some Frauen found that a Twitter account with exactly the same handle existed. The Twitter account hadn't posted in a couple of years, but claimed to be vegan.

* As soon as the Twitter account was mentioned here, it was deactivated.

* The Twitter account also featured complaints about trains, which is very Jackesque.

* NotJack continues to share food pics which share some characteristics with Jack's food, such as unusual ways of putting spread on bread or dumping a pile of coriander, stalks and all, into a dish.

No smoking gun, but room for doubt...
You forgot the bowls

Reactions: 14
Yes, she could of if she had, as you say, any talent or interest. I don't think she is capable of producing interesting and useful quick makes and budget cheats, based on what I have seen her produce. I cringed when on the show with Grace Dent she was boasting about the fact that she did not know what she was doing and her books consisted of her sending info on her dinners to her publishers who then packaged them as books because they were SO BRILLIANT.
Every word out of that smol pixie's mouth is just a contradiction of words said before!!! I've seen the receipts on here of her rushing out and buying all the cookbooks in Waterstones, she's 'worked' in her ex's professional kitchen, and she has the Pepe Silva wall just FULL of recipes!!!

(I can't face sitting through the book talk video, I just can't :ROFLMAO: )

Reactions: 22
She is. No qualifications, left school early and was working in Boots I think then tried out on a tv show where she has to go and work in a factory in India. Am trying to remember from interviews. She went from there. She is marmite, I can’t stand Kevin from Strictly either, but she’s definitely a working class girl done good.ETA she has spoken about how difficult it is in the BBC where she doesn’t have the educational background or contacts of other investigative journalists but she’s great at getting people to talk to her so slowly she gained confidence.
A friend of mine has worked with Stacey Dooley in the past.

She's more of a presenter than a journalist I guess (as a lot of the ground work has already been done by producers on her shows) but obviously she's talented enough to front said shows.

I imagine that's the bit that grinds Jack's gears, as she has no discernable talent to speak of and no warmth about her whatsoever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.