Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mum had a blue-ringed octopus preserved in a jar when I was a kid. She was a swimming instructor- mum, not the octopus- and kept it to show people what to look out for in the ocean as they are deadly. I was tit scared of it, haha.

There's part of a digested giant squid inside the NHM. FACTS. (Clearly I'm a marine biologist now :ROFLMAO: )

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
YOU TOURED WITH BOBBY GILLESPIE pls spill lots of tea. Jack who?
It was before primal scream were huge...i was as dull then as i am now.... making sure everyone got to bed early and up in time for the bus 🚌🚐.

I was the plain boiled rice, not the bootlace pasta with a slurry on top

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Absolutely not @Blurp I hate it. It looks like an egg yolk, the texture of its skin and it looks so fleshy, I'm just imagining it reaching out and putting a reassuring tentacle on my arm 🤢 The documentary sounds interesting but I don't think I could watch that much of an octopus in motion and definitely not if there's any direct human-octopus contact. If they just send each other memes on Whatsapp I could probs manage it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
There’s a really good science fiction book by Adrian Tchaikovsky about sentient Octopi. Not quite as good as the book before it in the series which is about a planet full of sentient spiders and absolutely brilliant.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Is.....is an octopus different to a squid 🐙? I think they're both cool. But...squid ink pasta makes me shudder. Leave the squidz alone

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Jack's black death noodles are.....Slurry With a Hnnnngggg on Top.

© Oklahoma the musical. Or something

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Although I love octopi, I would never judge those with chapodiphobia (fear of octopi) as I have molluscophobia (fear of slugs). It's irrational and has been with me from a young child.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Absolutely not @Blurp I hate it. It looks like an egg yolk, the texture of its skin and it looks so fleshy, I'm just imagining it reaching out and putting a reassuring tentacle on my arm 🤢 The documentary sounds interesting but I don't think I could watch that much of an octopus in motion and definitely not if there's any direct human-octopus contact. If they just send each other memes on Whatsapp I could probs manage it.
the dumbo octopus looks like the piglet squid, perhaps the answer is in dressing them up if squid are acceptably chill?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That black spaghetti and sardine thing is an abomination, even by Jack’s standards.
Imagine if she’d had a Nigella-style TV series where at the end they show her friends cheerfully gathering at her table for a lovely meal and *that* is plonked in front of them. Imagine the horrified silence.
And imagine if she’d ever presented this kind of stuff to Allegra, an actual trained and successful chef who appears to understand flavour.
Jack’s recipes are so far below even the lowest bar out there, it’s embarrassing that she is still making a living (of sorts) in food.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I've not had oysters before (I do think I'd like them). in the meantime, surely slurping some oyster sauce from a scallop shell would be a suitable substitute, wouldn't it?
Yes, absolutely. Or swigging a shot of ‘ocean breeze’ washing detergent.

Is.....is an octopus different to a squid 🐙? I think they're both cool. But...squid ink pasta makes me shudder. Leave the squidz alone
Oh god. It’s like the horse juice all over again. Can one milk a squid? 🤢

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Yes, absolutely one could milk a squid. Much as one could milk a story for attention.

If you don't have squid an octopus will do.

A cephalopod is a cephalopod.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
View attachment 497486
Imagine if someone served you this at a dinner party? I would simply have to get my partner to ring me with a fake emergency.

Dry looking squid ink pasta/noodles, chewy lemon, tinned sardines and tomato puree? Nah x
It looks like someone with a bleeding ulcer's been sick all over a bowl of licorice whips.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.