Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Leticia recipes though! Lemon curd and ham, lard and fish paste, a touch of liver, marmite cake, it was all so, well... Jack! They say nothing's new in the culinary world, perhaps we've found the true source of inspiration for The Southend Poisoner!
Jack doesn't need to add paraquat to her food to poison people though, just add her home-cooked chicken.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
A good challenge to raise money for charity: eat Jack Monroe recipes every meal for a week*

* I was gonna say a month, but it took Morgan Spurlock 14 months to get his health back after Supersize Me, and this would be far worse.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
A good challenge to raise money for charity: eat Jack Monroe recipes every meal for a week*

* I was gonna say a month, but it took Morgan Spurlock 14 months to get his health back after Supersize Me, and this would be far worse.
You’d be done for manslaughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I’ve threatened it before, when I get more time later in the year I’m going to do the calorie & cost breakdown of her recipes. It will be like a virtual sloppisize me but I SHAN’T be eating it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
View attachment 497486
Imagine if someone served you this at a dinner party? I would simply have to get my partner to ring me with a fake emergency.

Dry looking squid ink pasta/noodles, chewy lemon, tinned sardines and tomato puree? Nah x
Whhhhyyyy??? It just looks so, so bad. I'm sure her friends will all gobble it straight out the pan, whilst hooting with joy, and demanding seconds

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
View attachment 497486
Imagine if someone served you this at a dinner party? I would simply have to get my partner to ring me with a fake emergency.

Dry looking squid ink pasta/noodles, chewy lemon, tinned sardines and tomato puree? Nah x
What the ...... nah. It’s just a bit wrong. Something just looks off with that but I do envy that she can have people round for dinner though 😕

Reactions: 14
Yet another flock of blue birds taken down in their prime. Why is this not front page news? There hasn’t even been a Guardian column 😫

9033EAE1-6AF5-4B7A-9BBD-F0D73BCD7F63.jpeg

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

Morgan Spurlock did a show called 30 Days where people would go through different challenges for a month. Slop challenge would be an interesting one. TBH, it'd probably just turn into 30 Days on the Loo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Anyone watching This Is our house? the one Jack slagged off before realising one of her "mates" was linked to it :ROFLMAO:

One of the women said she was 40% vegan and the others rolled their eyes - I maybe laughed too much at that

ETA - actually called This is My House - oops lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I was just reflecting on Jack's final This Morning appearance before she lost her slot because of slightly uncooked pasta 😭

Screenshot_20210324-213052_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-213302_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-213647_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-213729_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-214259_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-213820_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-213839_Opera.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
How can anyone who cooks SO MUCH LIKE AN ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL be so fooking crack-handed in the kitchen?!

like I’m the clumsiest chef I know BUT I manage better. And cook better food hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think she's trying to do a Nigella by taking the pan to the table, all casual like, but that only works if you've actually cooked it in that pan.

That's got to be one of the worst things she's ever made, and I say that as an official suvivor of her peach and chickpea curry. The pot needs a bloody good scrub, and the squid ink pasta looks like liquorice wheels.

I'm not a vegan or anything but wouldn't squid ink be pretty cruel? They release it when they're stressed or in self-defence, so I can't imagine eating it if I were vegan-ish (or at all TBH). Although she doesn't care about the poor pigs in her eyelid sausages so I doubt she gives a tit about squid.
They remove the ink sac when it's dead, Hugh fernley Whittingstall caught and gutted one in the bath. Normal folk buy it in sachets

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.