Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also please don't say she has hyacinth's they are lethal to cats.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Congratulations to @Sideboard Bob for the thread title! 🎉 I think this might be my favourite one 😂 Your prize: a framed print of Turnipbot (who wants to ask him nicely?)

Recap of last thread

1. Her Twitter was reactivated after a night’s break.
  2. The burning issue of what a turnip is brought her back.
  3. Behold her beautiful (rented) garden.
  4. The BBC Big Book Weekend live happened. Bit meh, really. She didn’t know how to pronounce ‘culinary’ until recently. Apparently.
  5. There’s a jungle on her desk. Also ... ‘housemate’.
  6. Cooper likes tarts.
  7. She mentioned her ‘boisterous puppydog ADHD’ and ‘yelled‘ at a photo of a Hyacinth in a bucket.
  8. She deactivated her Twitter. But then reactivated it.
  9. [*]
    Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.
    [*]
It's pooo
Thank you for posting that. I watched most of it, I had to stop when Jack made that comment about foodbank contributions ending up in tower blocks in town centres. I am going to swear now.

She can duck RIGHT OFF.

She us once again showing her barely hidden contempt for social housing tenants. Even the way she said it made me angry. A tower block flat is not good enough for the smol little pixie. Horrible little snob.
Hear hear 👏
Absolute charlatan

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Blue tick accounts are also supposed to be public. You aren't supposed to private them every time you do a chaos/people disagree with you and you go off in a huff. It's against Twitter's TOS. 🤭
Most just have a designated private account for shitposting/whining/general cringe rather than oversharing on the 'professional' account... 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Imagine if they just delete it and she has to start all over again. 😱
It'd cause an epic narc rage but might just be the best thing that ever happened to her. She could have a simple Twitter run by Caroline (ha) with announcements about book releases etc and take the sloppy food pics to Insta, which tends to be a bit more friendly and has less politics.

download (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It’s his birthday
God she makes it all about her
Just wait for the tweet about x years ago she had the most painful labour in the history of womankind. Or the easiest because she is the best.

Re: starsigns, I am not a believer, but that might be because I was born under the sign of Leo, and horoscopes tend to call me an arrogant megalomaniac duck before predicting an argument on Thursday. It's the Scorpios I feel sorry for though - poor dark psychopathic serial killers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Blue tick accounts are also supposed to be public. You aren't supposed to private them every time you do a chaos/people disagree with you and you go off in a huff. It's against Twitter's TOS. 🤭
One of the many times she privated I looked into it, and it seems like they do allow some time on private if it is an individual account for a person now in response to the amount of hate some people can be deluged with (notJack). They don’t define clearly where the tipping point would be to make it not a public figure anymore though.

Organisations still can’t private.

Reactions: 12
Just wait for the tweet about x years ago she had the most painful labour in the history of womankind. Or the easiest because she is the best.

Re: starsigns, I am not a believer, but that might be because I was born under the sign of Leo, and horoscopes tend to call me an arrogant megalomaniac duck before predicting an argument on Thursday. It's the Scorpios I feel sorry for though - poor dark psychopathic serial killers!
I'm an only child (🔺) (i.e automatically selfish apparently lmao) and a Leo, so I feel your pain 😂!!

• Haha

I'm married to Scorpio and my son is a Leo.

I'm absolutely fucked, aren't I?

I'm an only child (🔺) (i.e automatically selfish apparently lmao) and a Leo, so I feel your pain 😂!!
Are you.....my son?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m a Libra and so is Mr V so sometimes making a decision is difficult

• Haha
  • Heart
@orphanblack my husband is a Pisces along with my brother and his wife. I feel a bit left out sometimes.

ETA I'm a Cancer so I'm a bit sensitive anyway:)
I'm a Cancer too and I just think it's the most hilarious of star signs. Everyone else gets to wear zodiac jewellery etc, but who wants a cute script necklace with Cancer on it?

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m an Aries I think, I remember when I was younger it depended which paper Dad had bought as some had me as Taurus in the horoscopes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I didn't see this post last year but it is such a narc-y way of describing SB's birthday, i.e. Jack centering herself. A birthday is the one day where it is all about the person being celebrated and no one else. It reminds me of a friend's narc mother who described my friend's birthday as 'our special day'... couldn't even let her have that one day to herself.
Sorry but that prompted an awful work memory. A (what I didn't know at the time) Narc mother completely appropriating her daughter's terminal illness. Didn't know about Narcissm 30 years ago.
Star sign ♍ virgo. Clearly the result of a Christmas party..!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m sure someone else knows how to find the tweet where she said this, but according to her she didn’t make a sound plus she watched her own c-section.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.