Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy birthday to birthday fraus today and belated birthday wishes to those who celebrated over the weekend!

It's mine tomorrow, so I'm Aries and so is Mr CWH (which apparently should be disastrous but we seem to cancel each other out)

The real question is, do I enhance my 2nd lockdown birthday with the nhsxted talk?! It surely can't top going into the first national lockdown on my 30th (not the type of memorable day I was hoping for)
Happy birthday for tomorrow 🥳 the talk will be the highlight of your day one way or another

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Happy Birthday all you Spring lambs! It's Mr Flibbertigibbet's birthday at the weekend, and yesterday I gave him a menu of dishes that I could cook for his birthday dinner. I shouldn't have bothered dreaming up dishes to my own taste, because I knew what he would go for - lasagne al forno! But I am looking forward to a day in the kitchen, stirring a pot and listening to the radio - and ordering dessert from a local restaurant because I haven't the patience for confectionery.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Yessss. Waiting for MC Dad to go out so I can watch with the sound up. Get the full experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Even the cartoons are getting up in mackies niche, one is cooking pasta, mushrooms, oysters, cheese and marmalade! Yumm

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
If Jack is deactivating overnight so she can sleep without the call of twitter, then good for her. But it speaks to the level of her addiction to it that that’s what she has to do.

I know she’s reactivated (🥕) but I hope she stays quiet/off twitter for SBs birthday, I have horrible visions of her being quiet until 3:30pm and then tweeting up a storm (other school finish times are available).

Last edited:
Reactions: 41
I hope her son had a better birthday breakfast than last year’s “birthday pancakes” covered in a cloud of choking glitter dust for the ‘Gram.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Grace's mint viscount chat has reminded me of someone who IS DEAD NOW.

Also, Jack would not possibly understand deferred gratification so of course she isn't someone Grace and Ruby might align themselves with. If you conducted the marshmallow experiment on her she'd not last one second and then she'd fall over and break her leg.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
this might be one of my favourite ever thread titles! thanks fedora-bot

(gemini here - according to my astrology friend i am the most gemini of geminis)
I'm a gemini too, and my family are really into star signs, so I get 'typical gemini!' a lot.

Just grunka-ing the last thread and enjoying the close up photos of her overgrown garden. Oh Jack, if you're going to let your garden go to tit, you have to pretend it's for environmental reasons. I don't mow my lawn 'for the bees'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
"There are a thousand reasons why I upset people"

HALLELUJAH SHE HAS DISPLAYED INSIGHT

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Many happy returns, @Vroo! I hope you have a wonderful day.

I am feeling rather delicate today after too much champagne and gin yesterday. Hangovers in your 40s are no joke 😩

Read through the last thread and I am still none the wiser as to what BBC thing was meant to be about?

Totally clueless. Just like Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Many happy returns, @Vroo! I hope you have a wonderful day.

I am feeling rather delicate today after too much champagne and gin yesterday. Hangovers in your 40s are no joke 😩

Read through the last thread and I am still none the wiser as to what BBC thing was meant to be about?

Totally clueless. Just like Jack.
I feel like we need a link to a certain The ones tune ‘absolutely flawless clueless’

Hope your hangover improves❤

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Is today SB's birthday? I thought it wasn't till the end of the month but I don't follow her on Insta, where she usually puts up birthday posts.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this gem I don't think we've seen before:

EDIT: Tattle hates my link. Google coronavirus cookery for the culinary clueless and you'll get a BBC result.

In it, she says that you can swap onions for garlic (an allium is an allium). Even by Jack's cooking advice standards, that's something else.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
People can donate or watch for free. Just select which option when booking tickets.

I am not watching this one. Any takers?
Will decide tomorrow - few reasons, work & personal that I can't commit today.

The benefit of being a sad IT idiot is my cats (the current one and previous one) have their own accounts for everything! The last cat had a human name so he looks like a real person online. One of them could register rather than me. VPN crazy here, have 4 work ones plus a private one to hide where I physically am.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.