Jack Monroe #168 Darling, bit gauche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look it might be the fact I have had a couple of drinks but I am convinced my pear upside down chicken isn’t going to taste that bad. I think even before I substituted the pineapple for pears it was a bit of a random mush mash of flavours but compared to the stuffing soup that one of our other dear hearts had to try I think I have got off lightly!

Do you remember when laverys used to have the buckfast menu in the old back bar (well before the expansion) when it was tiny. They used to have a blender and make buckshakes!
Are you going to give the leftovers to your neighbours?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
There's such a world of difference between sharing a photo and saying "Spring is here - look at this beautiful flower that opened up this morning!" and "Mine, mine, mine, I have all the (rented) flowers and they are the best and you can't have them."

I just read that the Japanese had to cancel their Cherry Blossom festival for the second year running. Now there's a people who know how to live - they have great avenues of fluffy white and pink, showering confetti, and they are public for everyone to go and walk in and wonder, and they even have little parties under the trees. The saving grace of last year's cancelled festival was that there are lots of videos on youtube of the trees with not a soul about so we can all enjoy them.
Visiting Japan in Cherry Blossom season is one of my life goals. 🥰🌸

And to keep things on topic, Tokyo is also 5919.93 miles from Southend-on-Sea, so that’s a plus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Ahhh yes! In my drunken states coming across Bucky I’d tell everyone in earshot it is made by ACTUAL MONKS. Like REAL MONKS. Tres niche. When did Lavs expand? I haven’t been there in about 9 years. Here’s another one for your Norn Iron dictionary Jack- yeooooooo!
I miss Laverys... Sniff.

Reactions: 14
Are you going to give the leftovers to your neighbours?
We have a particular set of neighbours we don’t like so I will take your idea for consideration.

to be clear I have only sacrificed 2 thighs in this recipe as if I tried to serve it to Mr F there would be a worse incident than when I found out he had all the creme eggs earlier 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I miss Laverys... Sniff.
A Cabal gathering would be immense. I could relive my youth and speak pigeon Norn Irish and we could hunt for fallen birds RIP while imbibing the Bucky MADE BY REAL MONKS.

gonna unsurprisingly call bilbyshit on that one. If she was taking photos of the cat then how did she not notice the cat eating her custard tart?!
Was just thinking this... she lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yeah, that's not a cat chomp. Not even a paw squish. He'd either bite from the side or stick his foot in and lick it. Does she think nobody else has cats? Dumb arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I thought she kept the cat away from flowers?! I'm confused.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Visiting Japan in Cherry Blossom season is one of my life goals. 🥰🌸

And to keep things on topic, Tokyo is also 5919.93 miles from Southend-on-Sea, so that’s a plus.
Hard relate.

We once priced up the hotel that was in lost in translation for a “let’s do it once holiday”.

😮

Jack’s probably been there though as a present.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Ahhh yes! In my drunken states coming across Bucky I’d tell everyone in earshot it is made by ACTUAL MONKS. Like REAL MONKS. Tres niche. When did Lavs expand? I haven’t been there in about 9 years. Here’s another one for your Norn Iron dictionary Jack- yeooooooo!
I made a pilgrimage to Buckfast Abbey once. They keep so quiet about the drink you'd never know they made it. The gift shop is full of handmade lavender soaps and printed tea towels. The only clue is the café serves a "tonic wine trifle" that is more luridly pink than Jack's sunlight.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yeah, that's not a cat chomp. Not even a paw squish. He'd either bite from the side or stick his foot in and lick it. Does she think nobody else has cats? Dumb arse.
i was thinking that. I’m not a forensic cat scientist (Omg cats in lab coats!) but none of mine just take a front tooth chomp like that

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Unless we are all earning six figure incomes and have teenaged daughters of rare and incredible beauty, no.
With pre-schoolers who are certified gifted and talented but also churn out improbable 'hilarity' with bodily solids/liquids/gases on the reg.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I made a pilgrimage to Buckfast Abbey once. They keep so quiet about the drink you'd never know they made it. The gift shop is full of handmade lavender soaps and printed tea towels. The only clue is the café serves a "tonic wine trifle" that is more luridly pink than Jack's sunlight.
It’s a lovely place! They make beautiful honey and soaps. The wine isn’t their selling point for the English market, I believe most of their sales are Scotland and NI! I live about 20miles away 🔺 and pass it on the a38 often. I think I’m overdue a visit (I do love a handmade soap!)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I haven’t got that far yet. We are having a few drinks this afternoon and he has got some buckfast in so I don’t think I’m the one who will need to do any explaining later!

What kind of monster are you. Who has leftover chippy chips?
I'm relieved to see someone else has an SO with an affinity for Buckfast, she says as she reclines on two Buckfast branded cushions, on the sofa next to her Buckfast-themed wedding centrepiece.

I don't even like the stuff 🤣

Missed the live by like three minutes because my phone died and fortunately I'd left my charger at home, excellent play by play to catch up on though and I don't feel I have to watch it now, so thanks to those that did!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.