Jack Monroe #164 I say, has anybody seen my girlfriend's scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it too much to hope that another member of the household interrupts? Hopefully not streaking through the room, but perhaps nonchalantly walking into the kitchen and getting something out the fridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Is it too much to hope that another member of the household interrupts? Hopefully not streaking through the room, but perhaps nonchalantly walking into the kitchen and getting something out the fridge.
Nah they'll probably be too BUSY watching TV in order to disrupt her internet connection.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I'm back, present and ready for tonight🙋‍♀️
I've been lurking a little bit over the last few months but not keeping up with all the threads as there was only so much Jack I could take.
Welcome back. It's nice to see old faces come back.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Squiggle is not wrong about the cherries. But I'm pleased about that as they are :sick:
I wonder where Jack stands on the subject of fruit cocktail cherries?
I used to think cherries were :sick: but that's because I thought cherries were the bright red sticky slimy balls in fruit salad and Christmas cake. It wasn't till I was grown up and on holidays in France that I tried actual cherries and realised what they should taste like.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I used to think cherries were :sick: but that's because I thought cherries were the bright red sticky slimy balls in fruit salad and Christmas cake. It wasn't till I was grown up and on holidays in France that I tried actual cherries and realised what they should taste like.
I'm not a fan of any tinned fruits, they're a bit sickly gloop to me.

I thought I didn't like cherries because of glace cherries! Those things are vile!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Same here. And as for the abomination of glace cherries. Bleurgh.

I wonder if Jack will do her trademark nonchalantly tossing a can from hand to hand?

(ETA @Orphan_Black snap!)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Jesus that Guardian article on student cookbooks, the author is insufferable. They're obviously not targeted at people like her, which she basically states in the article when she mentions deglazing, and then she manages to both complain that the authors assume all students are on a budget and then moan that she wants to hear recipes from people limited to £15 a week. Fuuuuuck offfff. No wonder she thinks people should 'inhale' Jack's books.

I spent far more time at uni than I expected to and the majority really made use of books like that.

edit: Why does Jack use her illnesses and disabilities as personality traits? I have an ADHD assessment next week, last week I burst into tears after 40 minutes searching for my phone after I'd just put it down and finally finding it behind the bed. It's not quirky or fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Watching some Schitts Creek in my lunch break

'You once described social media as an amusement park for clinical narcissists'

OH. OH.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
How long does upside down chicken take to cook? Will she have prepared one earlier, or will she be umming and ahhing/doing the washing up while it cooks? Will she mention a vegan alternative? Will the viggles write in with comments on the condition that poultry are bred in?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.