Jack Monroe #165 She’s in a fugue state

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes to announcing arrival! What made you see the light? Are you a reformed squiggle, or have you always seen her for the mendacious grifter she really is?
I confess I had never so much as heard of Jack Monroe a few short months ago...came to tattle on the advice of a friend for the MOD & FOD drama, found Jack’s threads and never looked back.
Have lots of friends who follow her and cannot fathom how they don’t see through her. Frankly found myself disappointed in them for being secret squiggles!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
There were some honest replies, then they turned commenting off and deleted them
Does turning the comments off automatically delete all existing comments or would someone at Mel Donte have to go through and delete them all one by one? The whole thing is so Partridge... the 'burning questions' about tinned fruit, the angry viggles... I am really hoping that if it does go ahead tomorrow the shafted fish company will turn up halfway through with increasingly desperate recipe suggestions... grilled trout and tinned apricot surprise, anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I still don't understand how to find proposed thread titles for new thread. If I go to the 'most liked posts' at top of page- as is suggested in the guidance- it just gives the 'most liked posts'! How do I search for new thread titles?

Reactions: 13
I read the Retail Times article posted in the last thread. They refer to Jack as an "anti-poverty campaigner" which will obviously now need to change to "general all-purpose bandwagon-hopping "campaigner" who may drop out of planned publicity events with 120 mins notice due to the fact that someone, somewhere is running a campaign / protest / vigil / prep session / event and it would therefore be highly disrespectful for Jack to fulfil a pre-booked contractual obligation (an instagram live to circa 6 viewers) which her brand partner has clearly paid through the nose for, expecting quality to reflect their brand identity"

It'll increase the word count but also the accuracy.
Just hooted up a lung!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I still don't understand how to find proposed thread titles for new thread. If I go to the 'most liked posts' at top of page- as is suggested in the guidance- it just gives the 'most liked posts'! How do I search for new thread titles?
Yes go to most liked - then it is a matter of scrolling down until you hit the first post that says 'Thread Title #.......'

Reactions: 20
I was so looking forward to tonight, I follow Jack on fb and until I started reading here I used to like and sometimes heart react to her posts 😳
So today I was casually flicking through the fb when I espied a familiar denim shirt / dierdre specs combo at the top of the screen featuring the news that as a campaigner jack will be postponing in place of a vigil and will be appearing tomorrow instead 🤯
During the same casual fb perusal I ended up in a sisters uncut wormhole and I really didn't enjoy it.
It also seems like the so-called vigil is actually a sisters uncut protest and has zero relation to the death of Sarah Everard or sexual violence towards women like her.
I don't want to digress and derail the thread but there was a load of stuff from Jack re terfs a few days ago. is she citing cancelling her paid work for a violent trans activists group (which turned out to actually be a prep session for more paid work)?
Does this mean that she is still sister mother lioness or back in non binary / trans Jack mode again?
Del monte and hellmans and the NHS and whoever else has booked her or has plans to should think about pulling out now. Her brand is whack. Her allegiances are whack, and her loyalty is whack.
What the hell is her agent doing? Why is the agent's site so out of date?

• Heart
Reactions: 61
What the hell is her agent doing? Why is the agent's site so out of date?
Some of you may remember I discovered a friend was one of the viggles. This has reminded me that while I was giving her the Jack summary, she wondered if the agent (who seems to know Jack through Allegra) is keeping her on the books because after Jack broke up with Allegra, she hinted the issue was that she was trans.

If the agent dumped Jack, and she made the same claim or a similar one, the cascade of bad publicity could be incredible. Compared to just having to let her chaos away, basically ignore her and occasionally release a book they’ve probably already all paid for.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Decided to go onto you tube for a bit of Ainsley Harriet and the first recipe that came up is just labelled as “Ainsley’s toasted sandwich”
Check out the tinned ingredient fraus!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Currently on a megagrunk as these threads seem to have gone back to their usual greased lightning speed. As Bridget Jones would say, huzzah!

Slightly off topic but relevant to JM not knowing what a trigger warning is: It's been an extremely triggering week externally and I've had a few pretty major really crappy life things happen, so internally too. I have a MH condition (not going to name it because a) I don't wanna MEMEME it in the Haus of Frau b) I don't want Mackie to put it in her bio, lol.

Tw: mental health

After an increasingly week and quite a few 'episodes' I had an incredibly awful night on sunday, did some very stupid things and ended up being dragged to A&E. I'm home now, and very lucky to have loving and compassionate friends, but everything is a bit of a shitshow.

Jack, this is a serious message: Not looking after yourself and posting a shitheap of horrifying stuff on public social media HARMS PEOPLE. You and any of the other stuff that's happened are NOT responsible for my breakdown; that's my brain's fault. But bleeping think before you post. I know you won't listen/don't care because you have upside down pineapples to cook with a hair straightener or something and you are the centre of the universe but you have 340k followers on twitter, you are not the only one amongst those who is going to have been affected by trauma and be very distressed by what you are posting.

Love to the cable xxxxxx. I'm going to online shop (ooh maybe pink fluffy shoes) and grunkalunk. duck you Jack 🥰
Always room for a MEMEME moment in the Haus of Frau - happy shoe shopping
I showed those pink fluffy ones to Mr V and he nearly dislocated an eye rolling it at me

Decided to go onto you tube for a bit of Ainsley Harriet and the first recipe that came up is just labelled as “Ainsley’s toasted sandwich”
Check out the tinned ingredient fraus!
He didn’t cut it up!
so that was white bread, tinned pineapple, sugar, about a pack of butter, eggs, cream and rum for one toastie.
I don’t deny I kind of want to try it

edit 🥕

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes go to most liked - then it is a matter of scrolling down until you hit the first post that says 'Thread Title #.......'
Thanks for response, Jelly Bean. I've just tried that now on last thread and gave up after 4th page. Do people really scroll through hundreds of posts to find most liked new thread titles?! There has got to be a better way , or am I missing something? I guess this is a job I'll never be doing.....

Reactions: 12
I confess I had never so much as heard of Jack Monroe a few short months ago...came to tattle on the advice of a friend for the MOD & FOD drama, found Jack’s threads and never looked back.
Have lots of friends who follow her and cannot fathom how they don’t see through her. Frankly found myself disappointed in them for being secret squiggles!
Hi, welcome to the cable! How did you find out your friends follow and like her? What do they think of her Tattle threads?

Reactions: 11
Thanks Poca for the wonderful catch up. I tend to get about halfway through threads and then move on to the next.
I want to address her Autism and ADHD tweets.
My child has both. They remain unmedicated for the minute.
If she takes medication, then her adhd should calm to the point where she can concentrate and be organised surely?
Perhaps someone with a medicated child/ themselves could clarify?
It annoys me she goes for the "classic" symptoms of both and uses them as reasons why she is tit at her job.
My child works damn hard to try to make sure they always do their best at school work and has many techniques to work with both so it causes the least effect.
My son is medicated for his ADHD. Without the meds, his behaviour is wholly impulsive and inconsequential, with no thought making process between action and reaction. With his meds, it gives a little space for the thought making process to take place.

I was really worried by the stigma of medicating my son but when I thought about how hard he was finding school and life (no real friends, never having any achievements as he couldn’t concentrate and focus, etc - I decided that by deciding not to medicate because of my beliefs, I’d be doing him an injustice. The first or second day into taking his meds, I got called into the classroom after school (“here we go” I thought) the teacher showed me some writing he’d done on healthy living. A page and a half of writing! He’d literally gone from hardly being able to put a single sentence together to writing a whole page and a half!!

True, it’s fucked up his appetite and sleep routine - but I’ve learned how to work around that (dinner at 8pm when he’s ravenous). He’s also a rude and moody git first thing in a morning and last thing at night when he isn’t medicated, but during the day when he is, he’s able to process and reflect. Again, it’s just about working around it.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 86
Thanks Poca for the wonderful catch up. I tend to get about halfway through threads and then move on to the next.
I want to address her Autism and ADHD tweets.
My child has both. They remain unmedicated for the minute.
If she takes medication, then her adhd should calm to the point where she can concentrate and be organised surely?
Perhaps someone with a medicated child/ themselves could clarify?
It annoys me she goes for the "classic" symptoms of both and uses them as reasons why she is tit at her job.
My child works damn hard to try to make sure they always do their best at school work and has many techniques to work with both so it causes the least effect.
My nephew has ADHD medicated and he is very chilled and rarely gets distracted. My mum and my sister relied on him to get shopping when they both self isolated. He remembered to come everyday and got everything they asked for.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Currently on a megagrunk as these threads seem to have gone back to their usual greased lightning speed. As Bridget Jones would say, huzzah!

Slightly off topic but relevant to JM not knowing what a trigger warning is: It's been an extremely triggering week externally and I've had a few pretty major really crappy life things happen, so internally too. I have a MH condition (not going to name it because a) I don't wanna MEMEME it in the Haus of Frau b) I don't want Mackie to put it in her bio, lol.

Tw: mental health

After an increasingly week and quite a few 'episodes' I had an incredibly awful night on sunday, did some very stupid things and ended up being dragged to A&E. I'm home now, and very lucky to have loving and compassionate friends, but everything is a bit of a shitshow.

Jack, this is a serious message: Not looking after yourself and posting a shitheap of horrifying stuff on public social media HARMS PEOPLE. You and any of the other stuff that's happened are NOT responsible for my breakdown; that's my brain's fault. But bleeping think before you post. I know you won't listen/don't care because you have upside down pineapples to cook with a hair straightener or something and you are the centre of the universe but you have 340k followers on twitter, you are not the only one amongst those who is going to have been affected by trauma and be very distressed by what you are posting.

Love to the cable xxxxxx. I'm going to online shop (ooh maybe pink fluffy shoes) and grunkalunk. duck you Jack 🥰
Love to you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for response, Jelly Bean. I've just tried that now on last thread and gave up after 4th page. Do people really scroll through hundreds of posts to find most liked new thread titles?! There has got to be a better way , or am I missing something? I guess this is a job I'll never be doing.....
You can search the thread for the words thread title

Reactions: 19
honestly can't (although I can really) believe she'd delay the contractually obliged live that we were so looking forward to in favour of prepping for whatever this mess of a tedx talk is 🥴

how dare she ruin jimmy's birthday like this! 🤬😤😠

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Regardkess the whole thing is so unprofessional. Restricting comments, ( the average Joe's or probably wondering why they cannot exclaim their sadness at not seeing the live) the pulling the live with minutes to go for something that had ( when I looked the BBC website) no more than a brief mention.

Reactions: 25
My nephew has ADHD medicated and he is very chilled and rarely gets distracted. My mum and my sister relied on him to get shopping when they both self isolated. He remembered to come everyday and got everything they asked for.
This is why her ADHD/Autism tweets annoy me. She uses it as an excuse for poor behaviour. My nephew with Autism/ADHD is also kind and considerate and I would hate to see him being stimatised by Jack’s ‘truth’

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.