Jack Monroe #164 I say, has anybody seen my girlfriend's scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried listening to her radio slot today but I couldnt hack it, i know her voice isnt her fault but her nasally tones really make my ears bleed, she always sounds snotty like she needs to give her nose a ruddy good blow!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Why does Jacks face look so different to last year? I know she’s had lip fillers pringles, but surely that’s not it. Her face seems shorter somehow and nose larger. Not suggesting she’s done anything but she looks so different to me, not really sure why?

Lovely to see her with a thick, shiny head of hair too, not a bald patch in sight.
View attachment 484196
Screenshot_20210315-161033.png
lets change the word 'ugly' to 'grifting'

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Why does Jacks face look so different to last year? I know she’s had lip fillers pringles, but surely that’s not it. Her face seems shorter somehow and nose larger. Not suggesting she’s done anything but she looks so different to me, not really sure why?

Lovely to see her with a thick, shiny head of hair too, not a bald patch in sight.
View attachment 484196
Fillers maybe? She's got that puffy Kylie Jenner face thing going on. I know naff all about such things though, not that that stops Jack, so why should I let it hold me back either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Fillers maybe? She's got that puffy Kylie Jenner face thing going on. I know naff all about such things though, not that that stops Jack, so why should I let it hold me back either 😂
I have no clue either. In that photo she has a fringe which shortens the face but I do see a change in all the recent photos.

Such a difference from this person. Is it just age? Weight perhaps? I’ve never known someone to consistently look so different, it’s a mind duck.

E1E06601-73E2-4686-8F78-6B9F539AD83B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I have no clue either. In that photo she has a fringe which shortens the face but I do see a change in all the recent photos.

Such a difference from this person. Is it just age? Weight perhaps? I’ve never known someone to consistently look so different, it’s a mind duck.
I think it’s at least partially because she face tunes everything she posts to within an inch of its life, then ones taken by photographers are probably also airbrushed but better/more realistically and then occasionally you get a real shot. That combined with the ever changing hair plus the fillers leads to some startling contrasts.

I’m assuming the Man from Del Monte has a list of questions already that she’ll be answering and she may do one or two from IG if he thinks it’s a good one. It does seem like people are slowly catching on and not letting her have freedom in segments etc (see Radio 2 and the pre-record).

Reactions: 37
Do we think Jack will successfully complete a recipe tomorrow? I'm trying to remember if she managed to get anything cooked and plated during her mayo shows.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The engagement on the Del Monte posts promoting this live cook thing is pathetically low. The latest has only 2 comments, and the previous one had 16 comments (but those were mainly from angry vegans, pursuing Jack like the angry farmers pursuing Alan Partridge).
And anyway, what sort of questions might you possibly have about tinned fruit? It comes out of a tin, you put cream on it. It’s not rocket science.
My prediction: it will be an absolute shitshow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I never used to really understand the humour in One Foot in the Grave. It was all a bit OTT, no one human could feel so much rage, thought I.
Then I read an increasing number of Jack Monroe tweets.
He was so like my father it was unreal, except my father never got into hilarious situations with his anger.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
It's today?? I know this means I must have a very sad life but I'm very excited to see what horrors she's about to showcase, live from the hellshed I hope :')

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Dear frauen, I hope that my IRL stuff is now done and I will be less BUSY soon.
I will be vague but recently I’ve had to revisit a situation and people where I was gaslighted. Not for too long and I recognised it for what it was. I was a bit sad earlier having been exposed to some more of the same, in fact in classic style I was blamed for always moaning...about the gaslighting. Hanyway I came for a distractagrunk and I feel so much happier (even though Mack Jonroe has been particularly triggering to some of the canal 💓) I think it’s just because I feel “safe” around keepers of receipts if you know what I mean? It’s made me feel so much better to remember the world is full of Fraus of the Haus p
On topic- can’t wait to tattle along to the insta bollox tonight

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I'm on an early hours toothache inspired grunkathon. I'm not a twitterer but just wondering has there been much in the way of fall out from the disclosure tweets? I don't have an account but when I looked at the tweets it appears that all comments are switched off. I was expecting to see massive media coverage (due to her notoriety) but when I've googled it it brings me back to here or to her original post.
I'm a bit surprised that no media outlets have jumped on it. Recently when big disclosures have been made publicly like this the media has had a field day.

Oh it’s all go for tonight. Might even let the kids stay up- 10pm our time!

@HotesTilaire m8 hang in there.
Haha that's brilliant, your lucky kids!
I'm definitely going try and cast it to the telly.
I am so excited, it's my first live jack event since I joined the cable (missed Steve Wright thing and the British library vid is three hours long, I couldn't face it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I won't watch as I wouldn't give her the view but I know one of you legends will take one for the team. Careful you don't get triangulated, I imagine it'll be quite easy as there's been an average of about 20 likes on the Del M grid posts 😬 20 likes out of her 350+ thousand followers. It is SO WEIRD that she never advertises these things on Twitter.

Reactions: 47
I won't watch as I wouldn't give her the view but I know one of you legends will take one for the team. Careful you don't get triangulated, I imagine it'll be quite easy as there's been an average of about 20 likes on the Del M grid posts 😬 20 likes out of her 350+ thousand followers. It is SO WEIRD that she never advertises these things on Twitter.
She doesn't like her povplay victims fans to see that she's doing alright. The shouty, ranty twitter 'activist' vs the quivering little unprepared wreck of everything else. They just don't seem to connect the dots that she's got different personalities for each of her SM.

I shall be grunkaing to Mel Donte pineapple thing due to hopefully being fast asleep (and not having Jack haunting my dreams) I do have some fruit jelly gummies and some fancy cinnamon tea to accompany it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She should really be asking on Twitter, that's where she gets better/funnier questions, but she can't because it would be too jarring to go from her recent posts to

Hi Jack, a recipe is calling for 300g of tinned pineapple but my tin has 400g. Should I throw away 100g, or can I eat it?

Hi Jack, the label came off my tin, any ideas about what's inside?

Hi Jack, I hate prunes but recently bought 5 cans of them nevertheless, any ideas?
I was just thinking this! Honestly, the difference in tone and content between Jack's Twitter and Instagram is SO jarring. From both a business and personal standpoint, that's doing no favours.

Dipped my toe in the influencer marketing lark for a job a while back and if we'd seen someone with her Instagram and then her Twitter or vice versa we'd have been seriously questioning who her audience is and whether she's the right person to communicate the brand's values. Also her lack of will to utilise her full range of audiences for brand collabs would really put me off. Nothing to do with her "truth telling, ball breaking lioness" attitude or tattoos or sexuality as she seems so eager to blame her "lack of opportunity/favour" on, more to do with the stark difference in engagement on each platform.

Can't imagine what squiggles who only know her from one platform think of the other. Or family/friends/acquaintances finding one then the other. Must be so confusing to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm a bit surprised that no media outlets have jumped on it. Recently when big disclosures have been made publicly like this the media has had a field day.
It is interesting. I can only imagine Jack really is not that big a name in media terms. Plus her account practically identifies somebody (despite her protestations of being oh so subtle :rolleyes:). I don't think most media outlets would touch it with a barge pole. It could all go so horribly wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It is interesting. I can only imagine Jack really is not that big a name in media terms. Plus her account practically identifies somebody (despite her protestations of being oh so subtle :rolleyes:). I don't think most media outlets would touch it with a barge pole. It could all go so horribly wrong.
Deffo wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. They can’t really challenge her ‘story’ without treading on thin ice.
Otherwise her investigatory journo of a GF would be all over it... what a story. Cops do nowt when repeatedly told of PRIMARY school teacher stalking not just her but others as well. (Allegedly).
On one hand Just makes no sense on so many levels- but explains so much in the other.
🥸

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.