Jack Monroe #164 I say, has anybody seen my girlfriend's scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's reading here and realised she fucked up. She is an idiot. I am not knocking her reaching out but she has done it in such poor taste. She is dispicable. I mean where the duck are her parents and why aren't they stepping in.
I understand your sentiment, but why should her parents “step in”. She is 32 year old adult. She is responsible for her actions and words. IMO there is nothing “wrong “ with her, I believe all her “conditions” are cop-outs she uses to excuse herself. Her parents are probably sick of all the mess she creates in her life. Her mother is genuinely ill, her dad is probably busy looking after his wife.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I never used to really understand the humour in One Foot in the Grave. It was all a bit OTT, no one human could feel so much rage, thought I.
Then I read an increasing number of Jack Monroe tweets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Laughing because I was flicking through the radio stations in the car earlier today and heard a distinctly nasal voice that really reminded me of JM. Just catching up here and it turns out it was! I didn’t stay on the station long enough to hear what she had to say; I’ll read the last few pages here and see what I missed!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Any suggestions for some jack/cabal themed snacks for tomorrow? (not anchoiade eggs)

definitely looking for those hot pringles that give you lip filler 😂 maybe some mini sausage rolls
Personally I'm just gonna take some tins and jars and dump them into a pan. I have seven fewer slow cookers than Jack, so it'll have to be on the hob, but I trust that after a low and slow cook my come-to-bed coconut milk, bamboo, bean and mussel surprise will be softy softy soft soft and ready to go.

In fact, in homage to Jack's fire safety principles I may start cooking it now and leave it on while I'm out tomorrow. I'll chuck a few grease-soaked rags around the stove. YOLO!

20210315_223318.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Oh, I'm going to the hairdresser on Friday (my hairdresser is in another city so I haven't been able to go for months, but our lockdown is finally relaxing a bit!). Should I ask for a doggy bag? I may need to start a fire at some point in my life...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
My question is will the recipe work with store brand tinned fruit and not that expensive Del Monte tit? Cheers Jack ya big sell out 🤘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I’m making some Dole pineapple and cheese on sticks.

(Actually, I’m not. I’ll be having my Covid jab at 6 o’clock. Then back home to clear the hair out of the bath plug hole).

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Really wouldn't be surprised if she got hardly any questions at all.

But maybe I'm just underestimating all the people out there who don't know what they can do to bollocks up tinned fruit. Thank god Jack is here to tell them how.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Really wouldn't be surprised if she got hardly any questions at all.

But maybe I'm just underestimating all the people out there who don't know what they can do to bollocks up tinned fruit. Thank god Jack is here to tell them how.
No relevant questions to Mel Donte anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.