Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she really regrets her name change, she just wanted to insert herself in a conversation. The only thing she misses out on would be making a point of having to spell out her last name (which I also often have to do being a western immigrant), and thus now missing the opportunity to moan about that.

Am I the only person btw who thinks brands might want to viral with her because she makes a tit out of herself? The way influencers want to increase engagment by misspeling words etc.
My married name was the most basic word in the world. Literally used by millions of people everyday, constantly in print media etc. I still have to stop people adding an extra letter to the end of it when I say it 🙄

Reactions: 17
I actually believer her. It would explain a lot. Jack, please come off social media and get therapy. Specifically trauma therapy. It's a hard truth to hear, but only you can make yourself better.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
I actually believer her. It would explain a lot. Jack, please come off social media and get therapy. Specifically trauma therapy. It's a hard truth to hear, but only you can make yourself better.
This is total madness though, she is publically sharing something very awful on Twitter and identifying the former teacher.
Surely someone close will intervene now?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I really hope she knows what she is doing, but it looks like she's having a breakdown.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
This is absolutely dreadful to read and she really really needs to get some proper help. I’m not even going to say anything about her being in McDonalds.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Why does no one step in? I'm not saying I disbelieve her, but to do this in such a public fashion, with no trigger warnings for her more vulnerable readers, just seems off with the timing. It makes it seem designed for attention - when what she really needs is proper psychological help.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I know this sounds heartless of me but I find it so hard to read that and still find I have no sympathy for her. I’m sorry, I’m not usually such a cold person but I have a complete disconnect when it comes to her

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Don't even know what to say Fraus but this is proper off the deep end stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I wish she would learn what a bleeping trigger warning is, first thing I see this morning is “I stopped eating and started self harming”. 😪

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
THIS. THIS THIS.

If Jack, or anyone who knows her, is reading, please get her to do this.

We’ll all be happy enough counting teeth and chairs while she sorts herself out.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
It was the lead up to this the other day which makes this questionable. The whole ‘put the kettle on’ thing

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I know this sounds heartless of me but I find it so hard to read that and still find I have no sympathy for her. I’m sorry, I’m not usually such a cold person but I have a complete disconnect when it comes to her
I know. It seems mean but things are so often quite calculated with Jack for various reasons. I hate being cynical. But.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
This is total madness though, she is publically sharing something very awful on Twitter and identifying the former teacher.
Surely someone close will intervene now?
I’m not saying I disbelieve her at all, if this is true then she really should seek proper help.

but just to respond to your comment, she has made similar accusations before about a foster child in her family home, her brother piped up publicly and said it’s not true. None of her family members or friends seem to intervene when things have become dark in the past.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
I feel weird about this. Why now? She needs to get proper help from a real therapist, and stay off social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Sorry to come across as a bleep but I just don't ..... ah duck it, there's nothing to be gained from even opining on something so serious. Suffice to say, she's managed to make about her again... genuinely, genuinely hope that she she seeks the help that she needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.