Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The low viewing figures on the insta lives is wonderful, it really demonstrates the gulf between high-follower twitter accounts and real-life popularity. Brands will twig soon enough (though I can't believe they haven't already).
Those insta lives are golden though. I've only seen two as apparently she 'lost' some recordings according to the one I watched today. I saw episodes 1 & 6, I couldn't believe how little she'd improved over the six weeks, the dead air space was particularly dreadful but the cooking was almost an afterthought, she was flustered by arranging it and hour early and her printer broke fifteen minutes before the show so she couldn't print out her notes and script. Fifteen minutes before the show! At 4pm.
She started doing her weird front topknot type thing, had a hair accessory briefly in her mouth... The first episode she was doing up her shirt.
She kept making what felt like slightly barbed comments about having to mention hellmans and I'm sure she made comments about big business and capitalism.when she had budget cook miguel barclay on she mentioned at least twice that he was 'all up in my niche'
I absolutely can't wait for the del monte one, I was roaring with laughter. Mucho light relief.
I'm so so happy I found this group. It's a real study in how not to be a dick.
I do feel guilt sometimes about the schadenfreude but seriously how does she get these gigs and so much kudos?
I have as many friends who like her as I do friends who think caitlin moran is a great feminist icon of our times.
I saw someone earlier mention her older, successful professional partners, I wonder if the idea of a perky little maverick activist, journalist, wheelchair symbol, campaigner, food writer, mum, former food bank user is as her as a trophy girlfriend. She can be very pretty at times.
She reminds me of a couple of people I know who have relationships with people who enable them and the jacks in the relationship are treated like cute but weak playful little kittens who need a lot of stroking.
They're often younger and an ego boost for their partner so everyone is a winner. At first.
It bloody annoys me how absolutely amateur she is, why don't businesses start looking outside of these people and give opportunity to real people to try and get these products used in a decent video. If they're not willing to pay for proper filming or tech etc or studio then they might as well just make a fun opportunity for regular people to get online and make the food.
Stop paying tit people for doing tit stuff and ultimately wasting your company's money.
Also, I'm sure by episode six she said she was now in a hollowed out dining room as opposed to the shed of doom
She also saw fit to bring up the negative reactions from people and her guests sympathised with her. It's not a good experience for advertisers at all. just felt really belligerent about the space, the product, the promotion, the audience blah blah.
Funny I binge watched a new series on Netflix today, completely off topic but the main character really reminded me of Jack, mainly physically with her hairstyle but also just her general mendacity and using people as stepping stones to get where she wants.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Those insta lives are golden though. I've only seen two as apparently she 'lost' some recordings according to the one I watched today. I saw episodes 1 & 6, I couldn't believe how little she'd improved over the six weeks, the dead air space was particularly dreadful but the cooking was almost an afterthought, she was flustered by arranging it and hour early and her printer broke fifteen minutes before the show so she couldn't print out her notes and script. Fifteen minutes before the show! At 4pm.
She started doing her weird front topknot type thing, had a hair accessory briefly in her mouth... The first episode she was doing up her shirt.
She kept making what felt like slightly barbed comments about having to mention hellmans and I'm sure she made comments about big business and capitalism.when she had budget cook miguel barclay on she mentioned at least twice that he was 'all up in my niche'
I absolutely can't wait for the del monte one, I was roaring with laughter. Mucho light relief.
I'm so so happy I found this group. It's a real study in how not to be a dick.
I do feel guilt sometimes about the schadenfreude but seriously how does she get these gigs and so much kudos?
I have as many friends who like her as I do friends who think caitlin moran is a great feminist icon of our times.
I saw someone earlier mention her older, successful professional partners, I wonder if the idea of a perky little maverick activist, journalist, wheelchair symbol, campaigner, food writer, mum, former food bank user is as her as a trophy girlfriend. She can be very pretty at times.
She reminds me of a couple of people I know who have relationships with people who enable them and the jacks in the relationship are treated like cute but weak playful little kittens who need a lot of stroking.
They're often younger and an ego boost for their partner so everyone is a winner. At first.
It bloody annoys me how absolutely amateur she is, why don't businesses start looking outside of these people and give opportunity to real people to try and get these products used in a decent video. If they're not willing to pay for proper filming or tech etc or studio then they might as well just make a fun opportunity for regular people to get online and make the food.
Stop paying tit people for doing tit stuff and ultimately wasting your company's money.
Also, I'm sure by episode six she said she was now in a hollowed out dining room as opposed to the shed of doom
She also saw fit to bring up the negative reactions from people and her guests sympathised with her. It's not a good experience for advertisers at all. just felt really belligerent about the space, the product, the promotion, the audience blah blah.
Funny I binge watched a new series on Netflix today, completely off topic but the main character really reminded me of Jack, mainly physically with her hairstyle but also just her general mendacity and using people as stepping stones to get where she wants.
Given the financial reward she was gaining from Helmans, the lack of preparation she constantly showed was so hugely unprofessional. To me it beggars belief that since these tit shows she has picked up further financially rewarding deals with both Del Monte and Linda McCartney, companies obviously failing to do their due diligence!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Apologies for causing the shoe name confusion but obs Viv (RIP) could forsee the day when Jack would appreciate her aesthetic.
Jack must be furious that she can't moderate the comments on her collaborations.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
This looks like Javier Bardem and it pains me greatly to say it.
Am I allowed to say there is something of the night (my interpretation, not vampireness ) about Javier?

No country for old men has me all a tingle and that is a a worry.

Mrs Tunnel has no idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
This is such a good idea, and would add an air of authenticity that our dear heart so badly lacks. There are so many amazing cooks/recipes all across social media and I’d be more inclined to try something cooked by someone that I could relate to as being a bit amateur because they actually are an amateur, as opposed to someone who claims that this is their actual job.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Get well soon @MancBee.

God if she's regrets her name change the. Just use some Burberry scarf money or the reward money and change it back again..

It can give you an excuse to kick start a something new. New name, new me etc
I don't think she really regrets her name change, she just wanted to insert herself in a conversation. The only thing she misses out on would be making a point of having to spell out her last name (which I also often have to do being a western immigrant), and thus now missing the opportunity to moan about that.

Am I the only person btw who thinks brands might want to viral with her because she makes a tit out of herself? The way influencers want to increase engagment by misspeling words etc.

Reactions: 37
Have...have you see what she’s just tweeted? About her
primary school teacher
? Extremely triggering stuff.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Well, I am literally out the door so I imagine I am going to come back to a few pages on my return.

Suffice to say, the sad fishing, band waggoning, attention seeking has truly peaked. I don’t even care if 10% is true. Her credence is shot to pieces and I am inclined to rubbish the whole affair. Sue me if you think that’s mean!

PS (Edit) This is the closest I have come to blocking her and being public about it but I enjoy here so I won’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Urgh, I don’t know what to make of that.
#believewomen but also she has previous of lying and making tit up. Hope you’re alright Jack.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
She really needs to step away.

Properly. No collaborations. No articles. Nothing.

Spend time with family, friends, deal with this in a proper way and get proper help.

I really really hope she is OK.

Reactions: 32
Have...have you see what she’s just tweeted? About her
primary school teacher
? Extremely triggering stuff.
I don’t know what to make of it. I really don’t. From someone who has such a background of telling lies it’s difficult to believe however surely no one would lie about that? Surely not?! I don’t know what to think. I hope Jack is OK.

Reactions: 23
What the hell, did she see us all having some fun after a long, horrible week and decided it had to stop?
ANYWAY:

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 07.56.30.png

The top reply, and a balm to her soul:

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 07.57.14.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I hope she's ok.

I agree if someone of power has abused her trust she needs to seek help.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.