Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hooted at work today when I initially misread “peripancreatic” as “peripatetic”. To be fair Jack could swap the two and the meaning of her sentence would be no more correct. Wee bit different in my line of work though 🔺

P.S. Hi gang. Have dropped in and out but have missed you all!
@AlphaBeta is back!! One of my favourite Cable moments is when you thought Jimmy Nail was Novak Djokovic 😂 I HOOT every time I think about it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
looking through her trash fire mentions, (which only became a trash fire after she tweeted about this horrendously offensive sounding article) and I have to ask, what the hell is fermented unicorn truffle????

eta not dunking on this squiggle at all. my cakes always look worse than this

20210312_182318.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I’m afraid I think the scarf was lost suitably close to Guy’s Hospital for her to be crumb dropping. Really hope not but nothing she does would shock me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I’m afraid I think the scarf was lost suitably close to Guy’s Hospital for her to be crumb dropping. Really hope not but nothing she does would shock me.
Wasn’t something mentioned on the bubble list re brexit tin thief's mum?

Reactions: 16
Just had a wee look see on the quote retweets from JMs rant yesterday - there’s quite the backlash...here’s a selection.
It may be wishful thinking but it just seems to me that since the veganuary/Linda McCartney affair, the tide of public opinion seems to be swaying in the direction of recognising a shameless, opinions-for-sale charlatan bullshitter when they see one.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
In the continuing adventures of my crappy boss.....

Boss: Emmapism we've got some extra time in the schedule today so would like to shoot something we haven't prepared you for at all in two hours

Me: I can send you over what I have but you've caught me on the backfoot a little. I think XYZ needs to be more refined before we film. But here's the latest script.

Boss: Okay. I'm now going to complain about something in the script and give you no alternative suggestion for a replacement.

Me: *closes laptop and pours glass of wine*

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
It may be wishful thinking but it just seems to me that since the veganuary/Linda McCartney affair, the tide of public opinion seems to be swaying in the direction of recognising a shameless, opinions-for-sale charlatan bullshitter when they see one.
I’ve noticed she’s steadily getting less and less interaction from fellow Blue Tickers, they rarely tag her now and don’t often respond to her replies, and a lot of the formerly frequent Squigs have disappeared. A slow drain.

ETA: I also think it’s really odd that L rarely seems to interact at all other than the odd like and they don’t tag each other in anything. I don’t expect them to be like teenagers over each other or anything, but for example with the scarf thing you’d think she’d have put “my friend @L’stwittername has lost”.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Just had a wee look see on the quote retweets from JMs rant yesterday - there’s quite the backlash...here’s a selection.
Just want to point out that there are tons of trans and non binary people who also took offence at her little thread yesterday, I don't want to screenshot them because I worry about pile-ons and suchlike and the ones I saw didn't quote tweet her or anything. But I think it's important to note that she's pissed off the very group she attempts to claim allegiance with, and who she seems to think she's 'helping' with her idiotic brain farts.

As an aside, I don't think I've ever seen the words "Daily Express thinkpiece" in that order before 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I’ve noticed she’s steadily getting less and less interaction from fellow Blue Tickers, they rarely tag her now and don’t often respond to her replies, and a lot of the formerly frequent Squigs have disappeared. A slow drain.

ETA: I also think it’s really odd that L rarely seems to interact at all other than the odd like and they don’t tag each other in anything. I don’t expect them to be like teenagers over each other or anything, but for example with the scarf thing you’d think she’d have put “my friend @L’stwittername has lost”.
It seems to be becoming more and more acceptable to publicly call her out, or to doubt the tit she says, without the threat of being accused of some awful sin - people aren't falling for it anymore. (which isn't surprising really, i mean, there's only so many lies one person can tell...)

Reactions: 46
Forgive me for not knowing how Twitter works exactly. How does she have 330k+ followers but merely get 1k or so likes on an average tweet? Have thousands and thousands of people muted her? Blocked her (or does that show as an unfollow?)? Her reach seems extremely minimal and I just can't imagine her books selling well at all due to this.

She is offensive, self-absorbed, a liar yet thinks she's a celebrity activist. How? 🤯🧐

Reactions: 47
As a matter of general interest, since mid-November I've been keeping a notepad file of the Jack Dictionary which lists every word or phrase she either doesn't understand or can't spell as well as those she has over-used to the point of absurdity. I've had to spoiler it for length. Such good at literal words, much 7x author 🥴

altruistic
atrocious
avaricious
basking
béchamel
belligerent
beside oneself
bit-part
bouldering
buttercream
cantankerous
cacophony
cannellini
ceremoniously
compassion
dredge
ephemera
eponymous
expunge
fauna
febrile
firepower
flummox
fold
ginger
granular
homogeneous
humility
immaculate
incremental
lascivious
loath
love-in
luxuriate
maceration
marauding
mendacious
minimal
peripatetic
progeny
rough-hewn
sedition
siesta
sojourn
thank you
triumvirate
tutelage
unctuous
vernacular
wistful
work
Work

1615575379443.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 39
looking through her trash fire mentions, (which only became a trash fire after she tweeted about this horrendously offensive sounding article) and I have to ask, what the hell is fermented unicorn truffle????

eta not dunking on this squiggle at all. my cakes always look worse than this

View attachment 479392
Say, unicorn’s just a fancy sort of horse, no?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Sorry if I’ve missed someone posting about it - Go Henry squiggle is unlocked now and tweeted applauding our efforts and receipts. Well done Cabal!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
It seems to be becoming more and more acceptable to publicly call her out, or to doubt the tit she says, without the threat of being accused of some awful sin - people aren't falling for it anymore. (which isn't surprising really, i mean, there's only so many lies one person can tell...)
Yeah, and I think the reason she doesn't send her "flying monkeys" out as much now is because the people disagreeing with her generally have very valid points and clearly aren't "trolls". Before, she'd pick on easy targets, like the right wing British bulldog types, but she can't do that any more. She knows she'd lose any twitter debates and so would the Jackolytes - in fact, they might have their eyes opened a bit to her if she tried it, so that's why she keeps comments about "bullies" very generalised.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.