Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mrs. B’s sister messaged me to tell me not to look at Twitter. I looked at Twitter. I’m stepping away too, it was just too triggering. I won’t go into details here, but I too was sexually and physically abused at a very young age (hope that spoiler worked). I’m still in therapy, which I would recommend to anyone and everyone, quite frankly. Hugest love to all the Cabal.

What I have observed is that there’s been a lot of ‘all men are bad’ posts on Twitter. We’re really not all bad, ignorant, misogynistic arseholes, and many of us recognise that women (and indeed the LGBTQ+ community) haven’t had the privileged position in society that we have. I am bringing my son up to respect women as equals, and recognise that they still don’t get treated as such. Apologies if that reads as inflammatory or if I’ve worded it poorly, but my heart is in the right place xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 121
I am triggered by her comments today. So put her on mute.
I thought I would try and cheer myself up with an online purchase dear fraus...
...and this ta-daaaa, is the most ridiculous pair of shoes I have ever clapped eyes on.
And dear readers, I bought them. 😆😆 I hope this has raised a wee smile in such grim circumstances. Loves you all. Xx
View attachment 480501
May they bring you much joy 👠

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't know if it makes a difference, but it was a man who tweeted that. I personally don't think that locking more people up is the answer because I have issues with the prison/judicial system but twitter loves its soundbytes and in many cases it seems to encourage lazy thinking in the ever-increasing desire for viral #hottakes and performative allyship.
No, doesn’t make a difference - it’s still just a person repeating the mantra for likes. I agree, I actually agree in theory with the idea of showing more compassion to female offenders to take into account the circumstances that lead to them offending (essentially, the idea of no free will) - though it makes absolutely zero sense to apply this logic to women but then, not only not apply that same level of compassion to male offendersbut in fact propose to go in exactly the opposite direction.
To be clear, there is a problem with violence in our society but the to fix it requires education in emotional awareness from and early age and well resourced rehabilitation service for those that offend anyway, and obviously stricter punishments (but with similar principles) applied to violent offenders.
But logic and empathy isn’t the aim of these sound bites, the aim is condemnation for clicks and the approval of those fellow group think members that they wish to impress, which is a sad state of affairs for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
In that situation you unfortunately have to assume that all men are bad because you can’t differentiate the good from the bad.

I don’t even feel like I can talk about Jack at the moment, she’s absolutely floored me 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 27
r
Mrs. B’s sister messaged me to tell me not to look at Twitter. I looked at Twitter. I’m stepping away too, it was just too triggering. I won’t go into details here, but I too was sexually and physically abused at a very young age (hope that spoiler worked). I’m still in therapy, which I would recommend to anyone and everyone, quite frankly. Hugest love to all the Cabal.

What I have observed is that there’s been a lot of ‘all men are bad’ posts on Twitter. We’re really not all bad, ignorant, misogynistic arseholes, and many of us recognise that women (and indeed the LGBTQ+ community) haven’t had the privileged position in society that we have. I am bringing my son up to respect women as equals, and recognise that they still don’t get treated as such. Apologies if that reads as inflammatory or if I’ve worded it poorly, but my heart is in the right place xx
Much love to you BillyBellend.

And I like your style. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Sending much love.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
All I read here is “I don’t know what’s next for me, I’m eagerly waiting to see what offers come in”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Twitter is such a terrible forum for serious discussion. There's no room for nuance, and the pithier you are, the more likes/retweets/dopamine hits you get. Complex issues need more respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
All I read here is “I don’t know what’s next for me, I’m eagerly waiting to see what offers come in”
I sometimes wonder whether people like her agent or whoever don't step in is for the very reason that this is a proven business model.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I am just so saddened that she felt the need to offload this so publicly. In saying this I am not victim blaming but merely wondering why she felt the need to tell everyone.

Abuse is such a traumatic personal thing and to just spout it out to the general public is a very unusual way to deal with it.

She needs to contact the police and report him again.

I just hope she's not doing this mid breakdown because now it's out there she can't take it back and for me that is such a scary thing to realise.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I see she has gained many more followers in the last hour. It is clear from her last few tweets why she is doing this. It's all about the money.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as a victim of childhood abuse, it is sickening that anyone would monetise their trauma in this way. I am actually feeling physically sick. That is not an exaggeration either, I do feel shakily nauseous.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 119
I think she’s hoping for an autobiography. Makes sense as her recipes aren’t has popular these days.

Reactions: 30
Everything she writes reads like a script, true or not.

Particularly the way of starting the story then TWIST! It was a teacher, then more and more then TWIST! this friend is the baby-daddy...

I believe women. I believe something has happened. But I also believe this may have been calculated. I really dislike thinking that.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I really hope she doesn't take any money for this and I feel it distasteful. If she has a story to tell then she should tell it on her own and not off the back of a poor woman who has sadly lost her life.

This woman was young and had a life, dreams and a future all planned out and he took it. That's the story here, crudely put I will admit.

If I was her I would honestly leave off now and let this Woman's story be heard and perhaps later on she can tell her own.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I am going to have to step away and talk to my partner and real life friends. I know it is not an airport, but I have only just come back I don't want people thinking I am not OK. (well I am far from OK, but I know who to turn to)

A couple of weeks ago I was in a very dark place, and I do not need to go their again so soon.

This final outburst from her is just disgusting. There are no depths to which she will not go to keep herself in the limelight. I hate to say this, but she is revelling in her trauma real or made up. And that is sickening.

I will be back sometime, but I just can't cope with her at the moment.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 166
I am going to have to step away and talk to my partner and real life friends. I know it is not an airport, but I have only just come back I don't want people thinking I am not OK. (well I am far from OK, but I know who to turn to)

A couple of weeks ago I was in a very dark place, and I do not need to go their again so soon.

This final outburst from her is just disgusting. She has no depths to which she will not go to keep herself in the limelight. I hate to say this, but she is revelling in her trauma real or made up. And that is sickening.

Just remember that we love you. x

• Heart
Reactions: 48

This final outburst from her is just disgusting. There are no depths to which she will not go to keep herself in the limelight. I hate to say this, but she is revelling in her trauma real or made up. And that is sickening.

Take care of yourself. Look forward to you're return.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She's replying to a tweet by someone who she doesn't follow and who hasn't tagged her in. Which suggests she's name-searching.

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 17.38.38.png

ETA same with this one - she doesn't follow this account and they haven't tagged her.

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 17.43.36.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.