Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It may be wishful thinking but it just seems to me that since the veganuary/Linda McCartney affair, the tide of public opinion seems to be swaying in the direction of recognising a shameless, opinions-for-sale charlatan bullshitter when they see one.
Hello all, just catching up. I have had a few days in hospital (strange experience during covid, only person in a 6 bed ward and so, so quiet) Going in at the end of the month for an operation, new hospital this time, that will be 5 on the go at once. The NHS is bloody fantastic, even with my complex conditions they have never given up.

I have still been reading here, when I felt up to it. I'm appalled by her comments about cancer and centering herself in the Sarah Everard story. I stopped myself from commenting as my blood pressure would be through the roof. Though honestly nothing she says comes as a surprise, she is oblivious to how abhorrent her comments are.......and £400 for a scarf, more money that sense, more money than taste too.

You've all kept me entertained though, I was in the best place when I laughed up that lung. 😂
Hello all, just catching up. I have had a few days in hospital (strange experience during covid, only person in a 6 bed ward and so, so quiet) Going in at the end of the month for an operation, new hospital this time, that will be 5 on the go at once. The NHS is bloody fantastic, even with my complex conditions they have never given up.

I have still been reading here, when I felt up to it. I'm appalled by her comments about cancer and centering herself in the Sarah Everard story. I stopped myself from commenting as my blood pressure would be through the roof. Though honestly nothing she says comes as a surprise, she is oblivious to how abhorrent her comments are.......and £400 for a scarf, more money that sense, more money than taste too.

You've all kept me entertained though, I was in the best place when I laughed up that lung. 😂
Good to hear from you. Keep well. At least you got to sleep in a empty ward. I’ve missed your wise words.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Since many of us are having a particularly difficult time at the moment for a variety of reasons, I thought perhaps we could have a good old-fashioned cabal dance party? Slopbot wanted to go back to his roots as after all, his sole reason for coming into being was to create slop. I had the idea of stealing the lyrics format from COVID bellend Ian Brown's 'F.E.A.R.' but, obviously, make it about our favourite genre of non-Newtonian liquid. It was a lot harder than I anticipated, I've almost certainly spent longer on it than Jack has on her upcoming book.

ETA: The double yolker 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 142
Since many of us are having a particularly difficult time at the moment for a variety of reasons, I thought perhaps we could have a good old-fashioned cabal dance party? Slopbot wanted to go back to his roots as after all, his sole reason for coming into being was to create slop. I had the idea of stealing the lyrics format from COVID bellend Ian Brown's 'F.E.A.R.' but, obviously, make it about our favourite genre of non-Newtonian liquid. It was a lot harder than I anticipated, I've almost certainly spent longer on it than Jack has on her upcoming book.

👏🏻🤖👏🏻
Seriously
LOL-ing
Outstanding
Popmusic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Oh @traumatised sideboard this is supreme! Torn between reactions, I laughed and loved it in equal measure.
Deffo more time spent, and I appreciate it 100%

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I was going to go for Jack's jugular but I thought I'd better keep her out of it (unless it's directly referring to onion crimes) so sadly I didn't get to use any of the following:

severe lack of principles
shameless living off patrons
small likelihood of postcards
sold lightbulbs, owned piano
suspicious late-onset piety
serial lawbreaker: onion penitentiary

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

Straight to the top of the hit parade

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
I was trying to find a polite way to say the same thing! Glad you got there first 🤣

Ah James Tiberius Kirk, my first crush 😍 be still, my fluttering heart. Yes I am very old 🤣
If we are counting shoes I had a good old clear out some years ago & retained 63 pairs of shoes sandals & boots. Only one pair of (non fugly) trainers reserved for airport travel & summer dog walking 🐶🐶

Jack is still a major 🛎🔚, keeping it on topic dear hearts ❤❤

• Haha
  • Wow
Regarding disagreements, is it better to say “I disagree because” rather than “you are wrong because”?

Sometimes the latter seems to spark conflict whereas the former could get the person reflecting?

Idk, I’ve had a fair bit to drink tonight and judt trying to work out how the “don’t use that name” and other things can be nipped in the bud without the usual 6-10 message tennis!

Edit: and I am genuinely asking rather than suggesting/tone policing.

• Heart
As a matter of general interest, since mid-November I've been keeping a notepad file of the Jack Dictionary which lists every word or phrase she either doesn't understand or can't spell as well as those she has over-used to the point of absurdity. I've had to spoiler it for length. Such good at literal words, much 7x author 🥴

altruistic
atrocious
avaricious
basking
béchamel
belligerent
beside oneself
bit-part
bouldering
buttercream
cantankerous
cacophony
cannellini
ceremoniously
compassion
dredge
ephemera
eponymous
expunge
fauna
febrile
firepower
flummox
fold
ginger
granular
homogeneous
humility
immaculate
incremental
lascivious
loath
love-in
luxuriate
maceration
marauding
mendacious
minimal
peripatetic
progeny
rough-hewn
sedition
siesta
sojourn
thank you
triumvirate
tutelage
unctuous
vernacular
wistful
work
The fact this ends with ‘work’ made me HOOT.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.