Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I Cannot with her foodbank tit. She’s trying to make out she’s the autistic person but she’s not. She talks a good game but when was the last time she done proper campaigning or volunteering. She doesn’t do anything unless it benefits her. If she wanted the recipes to go to food bake she would send them a pdf.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I Cannot with her foodbank tit. She’s trying to make out she’s the autistic person but she’s not. She talks a good game but when was the last time she done proper campaigning or volunteering. She doesn’t do anything unless it benefits her. If she wanted the recipes to go to food bake she would send them a pdf.
Wonder if she gave up the royalties? I think I cna guess

Reactions: 2
This site is the gift that just keeps giving. Came on here for the KHM drama but have always despised this insecure phoney. Reminds me of Owen Jones (but armed with a tin of beans). Had the misfortune of seeing her on some BBC show recently when the news had finished, definitely told to play down the militant scruff image.

The furore around Jamie Oliver’s lockdown cooking show. She and her followers were saying it should’ve been hers - why? Plus she’s got some nerve doing vegan recipes when her meat ones involve the “100 chicken wings for £1” torture meat.

Reactions: 19
There is absolutely no point ever to rinse the sauce off spaghetti hoops and turn what's left into a different recipe. It would be a gelatinous mess. Hoops are hoops. They have no bite. It would be gross and disgusting. My head can't compute anyone ever thinking it might be a good idea, let alone putting in a cookery book for depressed people.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
This site is the gift that just keeps giving. Came on here for the KHM drama but have always despised this insecure phoney. Reminds me of Owen Jones (but armed with a tin of beans). Had the misfortune of seeing her on some BBC show recently when the news had finished, definitely told to play down the militant scruff image.

The furore around Jamie Oliver’s lockdown cooking show. She and her followers were saying it should’ve been hers - why? Plus she’s got some nerve doing vegan recipes when her meat ones involve the “100 chicken wings for £1” torture meat.
@PeonyApple who is KHM??

Reactions: 3
BREAKING! After 'loss of taste' is added to the list of Coronavirus symptoms, the government advises self-isolation for anyone who has recently cooked a recipe of JM's.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Considering this week is Mental Health Awareness Week is it not strange that someone whose new book is supposedly focusing on helping readers with recipes when their mental health is fragile, hasn’t done some sort of promotion of it? Or chosen to donate to a mental health charity? This seems (as someone who doesn’t work in marketing or PR) a really basic thing? Shouldn’t she be on the media talking about it and giving out details/helplines for anyone struggling (as so many are just now)?

Just my opinion m’lud but it strikes me the only MH Jack cares about is her own, and will use anything to cash in!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
At it again with the fat thumbs. Autistic should be altruistic. Although the first one is still debatable when it comes to Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm going to confess to rinsing a pie filling recently - I'll accept banishment if I must. The recipe called for a tin of soup (again with the banishment), but oh my goodness it was beyond foul. I'd already got 90% of the meal ready, and in a stressed moment I thought if I washed it, I could just make a white sauce. Totally what I ought to have done in the first place 😳 Lesson learned anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I found this telling. From her Instagram - an “outtake” from a photo shoot with her family for the vegan book. (Really it’s a behind the scenes shot but let’s not quibble).

8E81CCD7-35B4-44C1-8754-D3CC188E5512.jpeg
8536DE36-5062-40B1-932B-9E211F07C745.jpeg

The photo that made it into the book

5C6D7523-881D-415B-88DA-BABBFCD5C97F.jpeg

#allaboutjack

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Considering this week is Mental Health Awareness Week is it not strange that someone whose new book is supposedly focusing on helping readers with recipes when their mental health is fragile, hasn’t done some sort of promotion of it? Or chosen to donate to a mental health charity? This seems (as someone who doesn’t work in marketing or PR) a really basic thing? Shouldn’t she be on the media talking about it and giving out details/helplines for anyone struggling (as so many are just now)?

Just my opinion m’lud but it strikes me the only MH Jack cares about is her own, and will use anything to cash in!
Maybe last night's dinner didn't agree with her. Unlikely, I know, given how delicious it looked. Don't worry Badass, I'm sure she'll be along soon with a boob-incorporating selfie to tell us how smashed Love Hearts and taramasalata injected into sausages fried inside banana skins = great for your mental health.

On a serious note - you make a really good point. It's very strange indeed...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She literally has no clue. When that mash defrosts it’ll be a pool of inedible slop. Oh wait...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The more I see of her 'recipes' the more I think that she hates food.
She's mentioned having an eating disorder in the past, whether this is true or not her attitude towards food reminds me of the disordered eating patterns of those who do - slopping together items regardless of how they will taste (with her it's under the guise of it being *cheap*), eating large quantities totally out of proportion to what would be adequate for a normal meal (on DKL she constantly suggested that she ate huge unrealistic amounts, Matt's face was a picture at times at the ridiculous comments).
This is just my opinion but she doesn't present as someone with a healthy attitude towards food, there is no sense of enjoyment in the process of cooking or taste, and I'm not sure what she hopes to achieve by insinuating that she eats enormous amounts of food that frankly would be impossible at one sitting. Again please be aware m'lud I am merely expressing an opinion based on my interpretation of her own comments.
Actually, you might be onto something. It’s a known “thing” for people with anorexia to make themselves the most awful concoctions imaginable, to make sure a) they don’t eat much of it, and b) to punish themselves for trying to eat in the first place.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

I’m sure Jack will be grateful to you @Breakdance Badass for notifying her of this, she’ll be tapping out content and name dropping Matt Haig in 3...2...1...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just had lunch, not a huge event but cut my own salad leaves. Have been enjoying them for the last couple of weeks, they are a mixture of leaves that are cut and come again.

I planted these on day 1 of DK, the same day that Adam Frost tried to suggest planting lettuce or herbs, but if you remember Jack dragged it down to talking about people that have no outdoor space (genuinely have sympathy if that is the case but why can‘t we appreciate that some people do have space!)

I potted all seeds in pots, they are growing well and I don’t have to buy bagged salad. If Adam had been allowed to talk to people that have pots and space more people could be doing the same. For anyone who is interested he does a life on Insta on Fridays at 5pm.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.