Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fresh lemon? Fancy!

View attachment 131653

No camp stove cooking with Jack?
View attachment 131654

I'll have the salad bag pesto. And a self love stew.
View attachment 131656

Kale salad. Lets all tit ourselves with joyous abandon

View attachment 131657

If it isn't in a tin, it isn't worth having.

View attachment 131659

I'm out of tinned peaches.

View attachment 131661

Afternoon tea? Fancy
View attachment 131662

I'm a cookery writer, I cook for depressipes.
Buy my book and skip along for you are supporting me.

View attachment 131666

I'm sorry but I am immune compromised and simply cannot go out to buy 18 L of paint today

View attachment 131673

OMG, my anchovy paste, it made my ovaries move north to Alaska.

View attachment 131675
I am literally wheezing at these pics and captions 😂

Jack chucking her walking stick on the floor and running towards her next fiancée

F5413323-300E-4AEE-B034-8A6C6F6E6E5E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I do apologise for the copious pics and captions. Went off on a bit of a tangent. Be well, sleep well and know that I think you are all fabulous.
Good night.

1589656236462.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
She was absolutely amazing. I feel that way about Doris Day. There was nothing she couldn't do.
Love me a bit of Doris Day, Calamity Jane has got to be my all time favourite musical, I watched it over and over again as a child, even now nearly 30 years since I first watched it I still adore it

I do apologise for the copious pics and captions. Went off on a bit of a tangent. Be well, sleep well and know that I think you are all fabulous.
Good night.

View attachment 131737
Plus they will be epic in the court documents and Jack's printer ink bills are about to riiiiise 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I made the salad bag pesto. You know, it was actually RANK. I followed her recipe, although I used well in date salad. It was green, but that's about it. The silver dollar pancakes were actually great, but she's no great innovator.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Loving the Lucille Ball pics - she was a very funny and talented woman, that's for sure!

May be quicker to list the jobs JM doesn't claim to have had - she has quite some resume for a woman of 32.

(Eta - some words)

I made the salad bag pesto. You know, it was actually RANK. I followed her recipe, although I used well in date salad. It was green, but that's about it. The silver dollar pancakes were actually great, but she's no great innovator.
To be quite frank, that pesto looks utterly revolting. Slimy salad is particularly unpleasant and I can't imagine that blending it improves the texture!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
No no no no no no noooooooo

The salad has to be MANKY. Understand? Mankyyyyyy. Don’t blame Saint Jack of the Poor for your incorrect interpretation of her fantastic and original recipe! Unless you’re looking at a bag of 50% E.coli then you’re too posh for it to work.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
No no no no no no noooooooo

The salad has to be MANKY. Understand? Mankyyyyyy. Don’t blame Saint Jack of the Poor for your incorrect interpretation of her fantastic and original recipe! Unless you’re looking at a bag of 50% E.coli then you’re too posh for it to work.
At least if it’s rotting it might have a bit more flavour? Her recipe sounds like it’d just be bland and soggy, maybe there’s method in the madness (at the risk of food poisoning!)

Reactions: 4
I just had a look at the salad bag pesto recipe. No cheese, no pine nuts (or any other nut, to save money) = no texture. Sunflower oil instead of olive oil. Just rotting veg and a bit of garlic.

It's sad. She just doesn't seem to like cooking. Her recent recipes in the Guardian all had these bizarrely basic errors, like simmering pasta or turning the heat up on bechamel before adding cheese. These are the basics of cooking, and after so many years of writing recipes, she still doesn't have a clue.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I just had a look at the salad bag pesto recipe. No cheese, no pine nuts (or any other nut, to save money) = no texture. Sunflower oil instead of olive oil. Just rotting veg and a bit of garlic.

It's sad. She just doesn't seem to like cooking. Her recent recipes in the Guardian all had these bizarrely basic errors, like simmering pasta or turning the heat up on bechamel before adding cheese. These are the basics of cooking, and after so many years of writing recipes, she still doesn't have a clue.
There's a wealth of information in all those cookbooks she has. You'd think she would have picked up these things? Strange.

Reactions: 9
Burger flipper
Barista
Sex worker
Sunday School teacher
Nightclub shots server
Chippy worker
Fire service control room operator
Campaigner
Activist
Political commentator
Food writer
Journalist

(All her words, not mine)
Photographer.. rip camera 💔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Photographer.. rip camera 💔
She was a dancer for 12 years 💁‍♀️

I mean, assuming she meant childhood really. Also. Dance costs a frigging fortune. Parents who don’t give a tit about their daughter don’t chuck x12 years of dance money at them. I’m sure they would have bought her a lightbulb.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry off topic but I love your user name, it sums most of us up here 😂

• Haha
Is there a job description for “pointlessly twatting around on Twitter for the length of a standard working day”?

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Attachments

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.