Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't believe her fridge broke after a year. Sorry, I don't buy it. Another attention woe is me moan to garner sympathy. I have a hangover today :sneaky:

Penns, you are simply hilarious. xx Visible food for Invisible illnesses is brilliant.
Not so hilarious if you've bleeping LIVED with unimaginable, awful, devastating invisible illnesses for YEARS! 🙃

Sorry, just doing some Monroe cosplaying there.

Thanks Mrs Lint - just trying to spread a little gaiety! Your waterfall of Lucille Ball images cracked me up last night. She really was amazing xx

OT but a guy on Twitter said yesterday that I have a lovely smile. I was quite taken aback. I thanked him for the sweet compliment. If I were Jack Monroe, I would thrown it back in his face, claiming that my smile was the result of being hit in the face with a wok by my abusive cat and NOBODY CARED.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
If I were Jack Monroe, I would thrown it back in his face, claiming that my smile was the result of being hit in the face with a wok by my abusive cat and NOBODY CARED.
No, she would have said she was being stalked and bullied.

You spread a lot of gaiety, happiness and joy. :love:
I was a little bit tipsy last night while doing that Lucille thing, sure was fun though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
God I love passion fruit and I haven't had any for years. You can freeze them whole, the pulp goes lovely when squeezed over vanilla ice cream, you don't even have to bother defrosting them.
Have you ever tried passion fruit curd?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Or she's going to zip up her boots and go back to her roots and produce a book of Greek-Cypriot/Northern Irish fusion recipes.
Sweet Jesus. As someone brought up in the “culinary” tradition of Northern Ireland this concept fills me with alarm. I can pack away the tray bakes, Tayto and potato farls with the best of them, but ....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sweet Jesus. As someone brought up in the “culinary” tradition of Northern Ireland this concept fills me with alarm. I can pack away the tray bakes, Tayto and potato farls with the best of them, but ....
JM cannot cook, or bake. End of. Bastardising NI cuisine would be the ultimate criminal act to food.

Reactions: 9
I know it’s irrelevant because her fridge ain’t broken, plus the mash didn’t happen, but 3kgs mash 1kg butter? Is she not even capable of making mash and therefore translating it into a bullshit story? I put a duck ton of butter into my mash and it’s still only about 125g to 1.5kgs potatoes. That makes about 2/3 of a decent sized saucepan full of mash. She made 3kgs so two saucepans of mash - with x4 packs of butter??? Wtf what a load of bollocks. Plus cheese 🤷‍♀️ Lies LIES LIESSSSSS I TELL YA!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I seen it on the wag thread on here. If you have some time I recommend reading it. In the words of JM, it is a hoot.
Also the Michelle keegan one is hot atm. A makeup artist from our girl has been on And spilled all sorts of tea. Amazeballs. Obvs won’t a pinch of salt but I’m loving it.
Dear lord! Well done if you understood that. I need to stop typing so fast with my fat thumbs and proof read.
I am not illiterate, I swear. My writing style is abrupt but I can form coherent sentences. Well, most of the time I can. 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I know it’s irrelevant because her fridge ain’t broken, plus the mash didn’t happen, but 3kgs mash 1kg butter? Is she not even capable of making mash and therefore translating it into a bullshit story? I put a duck ton of butter into my mash and it’s still only about 125g to 1.5kgs potatoes. That makes about 2/3 of a decent sized saucepan full of mash. She made 3kgs so two saucepans of mash - with x4 packs of butter??? Wtf what a load of bollocks. Plus cheese 🤷‍♀️ Lies LIES LIESSSSSS I TELL YA!!
It would be swimming wouldn't it? 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I've just seen her listed as one of the best lockdown female food writer. I remembered she had a thread her! I can't wait to catch up and see all the reasons why she should not be in that list 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Come on, throw some questionable fusion combos out there for Jack to accidentally discover all by herself while fannying about in the kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've just seen her listed as one of the best lockdown female food writer. I remembered she had a thread her! I can't wait to catch up and see all the reasons why she should not be in that list 😂
Ooh, settle down for the big fat juicy lies! You’ll be here a while 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Surely her 7th book would be centred on fresh food seeing as there will be a lot of it coming round in the next few months. I mean you can only do the tinned food thing for so long before you would want to throw yourself in front of train. I know some people have no choice but fresh veg is actually quite inexpensive right now.

Reactions: 5
She could do a book about her non binary journey and needing to use up stuff that’s going off out your broken fridge and call it ‘On The Turn’

• Haha
Reactions: 27
My tuppence worth on food storage: if it's not refrigerated in the shop, it doesn't need to be so at home.

I think only meat, fish and dairy need to go in the fridge tbh.

It's like best before/use by dates - we've become too hung up on this sort of thing and should trust to our senses more.
Can i ask what people do with jars ? Like jams etc? Fridge or cupboard. ? I have an unseemly amount of bloody jars in my fridge.

• Heart
Surely her 7th book would be centred on fresh food seeing as there will be a lot of it coming round in the next few months. I mean you can only do the tinned food thing for so long before you would want to throw yourself in front of train. I know some people have no choice but fresh veg is actually quite inexpensive right now.
I'm curious as to what she'll theme it as. She's done 3 standard 'breadline' books. One around tins. A vegan theme. And now recipes for 'bad days'. Dinner party on a budget perhaps? Frugal gourmet? 😂

Reactions: 2
Can i ask what people do with jars ?
Put them under your stairs storage like JM does. She has 100 and eleventy eleven of them.

I'm curious as to what she'll theme it as. She's done 3 standard 'breadline' books. One around tins. A vegan theme. And now recipes for 'bad days'. Dinner party on a budget perhaps? Frugal gourmet? 😂
Campfire cooking. I mean it's the only sensible thing now that she had THAT bleeping SHED.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.