Jack Monroe #158 She’s so offensively self absorbed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s deployed Cooper!
Im in a hospital waiting room (again ☹) and just sniggered very loudly.

Who the hell wants to see a cats arse first thing in the morning? But at least the damned thing isn't asleep this time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 09.42.41.png

Live footage of Jack racing to her computer to add a #cathairthermals chapter to her budget cookbook

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
Is Henry Dimbleby that bleeping thick too?
Healthy Start vouchers have been around since 2006, Jack would have been about 18!
Henry isn't quite as guilty as Louisa on this one, I think.

Louisa says they're basically all Jack's idea.

Henry just says that Jack explained to him why the vouchers were so important, not that they were the product of the maverick little brain.

Reactions: 53
The publisher obviously don’t care. I wonder if she makes them any money.
There is obviously some deal between them to produce so many books and once that’s complete she’s dumped.

Reactions: 30
Here's what I imagine will happen. She'll forensically examine her ring binders and note down who voted "no", get our addressees from her hefty files, visit our towns once the book is published, loiter around our local bookshops gnashing and clawing until one day, after lockdown ends, we go shopping and casually notice the book on the shelf.

At that point she'll jump out from behind her forensic examination lookout and triumphantly howl, "look who's laughing now, haha hoot!"

Well, that's how I imagine it anyway.
Good job I don't have a book shop where I live 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Henry isn't quite as guilty as Louisa on this one, I think.

Louisa says they're basically all Jack's idea.

Henry just says that Jack explained to him why the vouchers were so important, not that they were the product of the maverick little brain.
I feel like Henry was just being polite. We know from previously released documents that Jack's contributions to these things go along the lines of, "If I had had more money I wouldn't have been poor."

ETA: biting political analysis from 'Feeding Britain' inquiry, 2014. Jack appears a grand total of once, answering the question of "are food banks good?" with "it depends."

Screenshot_20210302-110322_Drive.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Im in a hospital waiting room (again ☹) and just sniggered very loudly.

Who the hell wants to see a cats arse first thing in the morning? But at least the damned thing isn't asleep this time.
Hope you're not waiting too long x

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.