Jack Monroe #158 She’s so offensively self absorbed

Do you think Jack will complete her hunky manuscript?

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title in honour of @Emlo ’s mum Rachel, as suggested by @HotesTilaire 🎉

Recap of last thread

1. So when she said she had fraudulently opened the Go Henry account? That was a JOKE y’all.
  2. She got salty with Go Henry, but no matter, all deleted.
  3. Another hashtag. Fly my pretties, flap.
  4. She had some things to say about the misuse of ‘shekels’.
  5. Did she sleep rough, or did she come close to sleeping rough. You decide!
  6. She won’t discuss ‘the bank’ any further, but heed her ‘cautionary tale.’ 🙄
  7. [*]
    Please use the words ‘thread title’ when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.
    [*]

• Heart
Reactions: 119
I'm still catching up on the chaos, but more importantly:

To Rachel!

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Poca, Lillamay, Marmalade and Silver you gang of pisstaking ninnies! I can see you’ve voted yes when clearly no-one believes Jack is gonna complete it. Not even Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
D190DA1C-B048-4B7F-82B9-BC9AE08B9838.jpeg

Well, we had moved on but I'm so happy that you managed to tell everyone that you were right. (y) I have a vague memory of a financial service stating that certain actions were definitely wrong, and a 9 year old boy who wasn’t a 9 year old boy but, whatever...just japes eh? ;) Must be great to have so much free time to document the minutiae of your life on Twitter. I hope your day is just as pleasant as you are. 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 109
@Elmo so sorry for your loss at this strange and tricky time. Your mum sounds brilliant.

As for Go Henry Gate, Jack should be so embarassed at being caught out. Good job she managed to get a police investigation started and stopped so quickly during a pandemic and partly on a weekend though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Poca, Lillamay, Marmalade and Silver you gang of pisstaking ninnies! I can see you’ve voted yes when clearly no-one believes Jack is gonna complete it. Not even Jack.
I voted no but...If money is involved, second thoughts, she will

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I voted no but...If money is involved, second thoughts, she will
I put no too, but I reckon she'll get it out eventually and it will be her worst book yet. Poorly thought out, hastily put together (despite deadline extensions) and recipes that definitely won't work.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I would love to see a poll of when tattlers started following the JM threads, perhaps in 2 month increments from the start, firstly to see the increase and secondly to see how many are here, anyone else agree?

• Heart
Reactions: 64
So she’s calling out Anthropologie for stealing a native creator’s design. Which should absolutely happen BUT if I recall correctly, she has a “dream catcher” in her kitchen. Was that bought directly from an Ojibwe tribe member?

🥂 To Rachel

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
@Emlo raising my cup to Rachel. Lots of love. ❤

on a tangential note, this classic Fry and Laurie sketch IS jack. Hope it brings you all some giggles at 4am.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
View attachment 462577

Well, we had moved on but I'm so happy that you managed to tell everyone that you were right. (y) I have a vague memory of a financial service stating that certain actions were definitely wrong, and a 9 year old boy who wasn’t a 9 year old boy but, whatever...just japes eh? ;) Must be great to have so much free time to document the minutiae of your life on Twitter. I hope your day is just as pleasant as you are. 👋
Tweet translation:

For those who caught the banking thing yesterday, my sons account has been fully reinstated after I grovelled, begged and admitted that I messed up. Perhaps a cautionary tale about taking the word of a persistently obsessive liar at face value. Please don't ask me any further questions, as I don't wish to confess publicly what I confessed to the bank and would much prefer to give the impression that 'I had the last laugh'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
Thank you so much everyone. I never expected such a response. I hope I managed to like every reply. You are such lovely people. Mum would have loved to know she got a title, she always thought they were so witty. I can almost forgive Jack all her nonsense just because it brought us together. As soon as it’s safe to do so make sure you give your loved ones just the biggest hug xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 215
Of course she had the last laugh. Quite literally all the way to the bank, as usual.

@Emlo so very sorry for your loss. It’s a tough time to mourn loved ones; you take good care x

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Thank you so much everyone. I never expected such a response. I hope I managed to like every reply. You are such lovely people. Mum would have loved to know she got a title, she always thought they were so witty. I can almost forgive Jack all her nonsense just because it brought us together. As soon as it’s safe to do so make sure you give your loved ones just the biggest hug xx
So sorry for this and sending a big hug your way. ❤.

Like others have said, dealing with a thing like this is so much harder in our current times so words are just drops in the ocean.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
When I opened twitter and her saw her ridiculous post about “the bank”, I doubted any of Sunday had actually occurred.

This is what she does. Make us doubt ourselves, make us feel guilty.

However, you know what is still up and clear to see?

GRANOLA.

It will not be forgotten.

I will be not be ignored.

RECIPE.

• Haha
Reactions: 85
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.