Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just fell into a google hole trying to find her inserting herself into the Jo Cox aftermath (including finding my own post from way back when on here mentioning it), and found this. I don’t remember seeing it at the time and it is so retrospectively weird that she did this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
This brave penguin made it all the way to the northern hemisphere before sadly perishing. Nature is a cruel mistress.

20210226_122303.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
She was indeed murdered. She was a British Labour MP who was murdered by a White Nationalist terrorist.
I had to refresh my memory but I do remember when it happened. Oh no, Jack was involving herself... Might get some fresh air for 5 minutes before I delve in to this.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I never understood why she took him along or why she uploaded the photos to her Instagram.
I can imagine her comparing herself to Cox and scaring the boy. It was everywhere, even young kids knew about. He'd have had somewhat of an understanding that a woman was stabbed for her views - and Jack's so fond of mentioning all the death threats she apparently gets - it wouldn't take much in a kids head to put two and two together and think mamma might be next

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Sometimes I wake up and think to myself...imagine if she had simply kept her job at the fire service!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Imagine if the first journalist to notice her bothered to do some basic fact checking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
So she made a huge fuss about wearing a skirt for a couple of hours (after signing a contract agreeing to a dress code) thus trying to make the whole occasion all about her. If this was typical of her attitude to being a team player I think we can understand the swiftness with which her resignation was accepted.

Reactions: 39
Sorry for crap collage but L-R:
Contact dermatitis, Rosacea, Jack’s toothache 🙄
I swear she just fell asleep with her face on that electric blanket she put on the sofa.

P.S. I counted my teeth too and I have 32. I feel so standard!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Just fell into a google hole trying to find her inserting herself into the Jo Cox aftermath (including finding my own post from way back when on here mentioning it), and found this. I don’t remember seeing it at the time and it is so retrospectively weird that she did this.

Was it this article? https://www.theguardian.com/society...woman-or-a-man-interview-transgender-identity

Her blog and her political activism began after reading about a councillor making comments about the town being “ruined” by single mothers, and she’s passionate about the need for the Labour party to change, though she’s also flirted with the Greens and the Women’s Equality party. “Yeah, we’ve all had other affairs politically. I don’t feel like I ever really left Labour. I sulked and stormed out and went, ‘I’m leaving!’ And then got to the end of the garden path and went, ‘What have I done?’”

And it was the killing of Jo Cox that brought her back. “It just felt like the right thing to do. I didn’t know her well, but I’d done some events with her… the morning after the referendum, everyone was on TV smarming about the results, and I went into the bathroom and I was hysterical. I was sobbing my heart out. It just felt like she’d died for nothing. I’d been up for two nights and was slightly losing the plot anyway, but for Farage to say, ‘We did it without a single bullet being fired.’ You’re like, apart from those three?”
There's also a passing mention here, as she was talking about returning to labour: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/apr/22/jack-monroe-twitter-labour-vegan-pub-food

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Someone above said that she was the acceptable and sometimes articulate voice of poverty. I think thats it, the go to, put in front of a camera, better off ranting than cooking, voice of poverty. She promotes herself to fill that spot and make a living off it. Its her need to make a living off it that invalidates her. That and the fact that I fail to see what tangible work she has done with those in poverty in the last few years ( I do not include speaking about her time in poverty, for a fee, in this).During the free school meals tv spots, channel 4 stood out for me in interviewing other voices on the subject.
Yes I really agree with this and that's what makes it so problematic because why is she deemed to be the acceptable or if you will photogenic face of poverty? While others who genuinely struggle are sidelined and are not given media coverage?
I have often thought that really it's not Jack that I really have a problem with its the media who I think have given her this position not based on merit but because she represents their idea of a trendy fashionable person (holier than thou almost untouchable because of the big list of everything that makes her a self proclaimed victim?) who spouts the usual moral outrage not against poverty but against bad things happening to special people?

What's wrong in being an ordinary person down on their luck then?
Is that not considered news worthy enough?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Loving the tooth chat. Both my kids currently have braces. Missing the NHS- I’ve spent the equivalent of £2000 on each, and this is the cheapest possible way at a dental school.

Good point on Jack probably being in Unison- non teaching staff in schools aren’t in the teaching unions, it would be same at fire service I’m sure. Looked it up, ‘control’ is a category on the application form https://www.fbu.org.uk/download/file/fid/4491

#SureJack you could be a teacher.... I’ve supervised various PGCE and NQT (and GTP) students over the years. She would have to meet deadlines and not be a dick to pass. When she had jobs in cafes etc she seemed to describe burning through loads of them- never a good sign.

For new Fraus here are highlights of 2015 new statesman Fire Service article.

View attachment 456000
View attachment 456001
View attachment 456002
View attachment 456003
Where were these shops? I mean apart from the 1930s

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.