Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Google tells me that photo in front of Downing Street is from July 2018.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Holy cow. Show me the pictorial definition of "Delusions of Grandeur".

Haven't squigged SB's face, as this shot is in the public domain AND she's posted it.

View attachment 456502
Wasn’t the trip to Downing Street in something like 2016? Also, you’re still such a dick with money that you still only (not really) have £10 pp for food. How’s it really going, Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Yes I really agree with this and that's what makes it so problematic because why is she deemed to be the acceptable or if you will photogenic face of poverty? While others who genuinely struggle are sidelined and are not given media coverage?
I have often thought that really it's not Jack that I really have a problem with its the media who I think have given her this position not based on merit but because she represents their idea of a trendy fashionable person (holier than thou almost untouchable because of the big list of everything that makes her a self proclaimed victim?) who spouts the usual moral outrage not against poverty but against bad things happening to special people?

What's wrong in being an ordinary person down on their luck then?
Is that not considered news worthy enough?
Compare and contrast the work of Tish Murtha- "Tish Murtha understood that the poor and vulnerable don't simply 'fall through the cracks' of society rather they are denied the tools to navigate and escape structural inequality." — TISH director Paul Sng. For news and updates on the film follow @tishmurthafilm on instagram
(Back to lurking)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Wasn’t the trip to Downing Street in something like 2016? Also, you’re still such a dick with money that you still only (not really) have £10 pp for food. How’s it really going, Jack?
Exactly. I think all of our “how it’s going” pics (including Jack’s) would be pretty dire right about now.

Maybe Joe Wicks and Jeff Bezos could be excluded though.

In her comments she claims she would rather live at No. 11 because there are fewer mendacious (🤬) fools to deal with. She has no idea does she? Does she know about Sunak’s a) background and b) wife and in-laws?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I I I think I have 36 teeth. Do I need to go to A&E? What even am I? 😭

FALSE ALARM! I’m just an idiot. I have 32. Oh god I’m so relieved. I thought I was going to have to update my email signature (I don’t have Twitter)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
1614348417032.png

and so much to unpack with this one:

(a) does she know what goes on at Number 11?
(b) does she know what "defund" actually means?
(c) does she know that the current PM actually lives at Number 11?
(d) HOWEVER, a big thanks to Jack for chucking another "mendacious" our way.

1614348612519.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I just have no words. Well, I do. However none that are polite. No matter ones views on the current PM, obviously this past year has been unexpectedly difficult to navigate and violence is certainly not the answer with regards to getting change and/or who people think should be in charge etc. Plus FK me, if JM was in charge the whole FSM debacle would look like a flipping banquet compared to what she'd recommend and serve up.

Reactions: 29
Wonder if it's as tedious as a tenant who doesn't pay their rent, Jack?

Also, he's "refusing" to leave? Pretty sure...no, actually TOTALLY sure...that he won an election...

1614348998653.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Watch out, Poca, she's behind you! Clanking chains, shimmering Viv dress 'an all.
It’s ok, she’ll be tired - she’s in her ‘I can stand on tiptoes for 12 minutes whilst delivering a keynote speech, cos I’m a trained ballet dancer’ skirt. Her calf muscles will be too weary for chasing.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.