Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Teeth counted and I have 30. One removed when I was 17 to make space for a wisdom tooth, the other when I was in my 50s as it was damaged beyond repair.
I had a dental abscess the week before I gave birth to my younger daughter. The dentist refused to give me antibiotics because I was pregnant, despite me telling him I'd had 2 courses of antibiotics during my early pregnancy. Instead he drilled it and left it to drain. I was still in pain 2 days later so went back. He seemed very annoyed, and drilled it again, this time without numbing it. The dental nurse literally pinned me in the chair while he did it. Unsurprisingly, I ended up being admitted to hospital a couple of days later with my blood pressure through the roof and a very upset stomach from the draining tooth. The doctor and midwives were less than impressed by the dentist, as was I , but giving birth was a breeze after the dental pain!

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Ok, so I had no idea how to link to Instagram posts and I hope this works....

Thought this might be relevant in our times of tooth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Your profile pic tells a different story.

He's got no teeth though šŸ˜‚

Came out with a bloody thorough cleaning and one teeny tiny filling. I don't subscribe to the Jack school of ignoring these things until they do give me an ouchy mouth!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
They definitely aren't married. But Louisa seems to have been completely manipulated into moving back full time: the "relapse", the decluttering, the promise to stop spending money, the loneliness, the inability to cope as a "single parent". It's not a relationship built on equality and it's doomed.
Iā€™m beginning to wonder how much L ever really LEFT in the first place as her stuff seemed to stay there, the Frau with the biking app said the Southend trips were still frequent and the mentions didnā€™t really stop for long.

I can totally imagine Jack taking a ā€œIt makes more sense for me to be based in London for my job for nowā€ as complete abandonment, especially combined with the lack of ability to get married right then and there (both because of general covid). Then using it to guilt trip L forever more

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I donā€™t know why she took her small child to this. She seems to have ditched him for everything else, and thereā€™s plenty of pics of her at awards and nights out, despite the impossible nightmare of childcare arranging. Weird.
6486F421-A348-4391-89C3-2F548995E95A.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
The Alamy website is a treasure trove of, erm, fashion...
https://www.alamy.com and search on her name. Some great traazer choices!
All those photos confirm to me that she thinks gender is all about clothes. It's all a dressing up game. Once again she diminishes the serious subject of gender non conformity and is dangerous to the cause that she is meant to champion.

Back (again) to the passing out parade. If she loved her job, was so interested in it she wanted to progress, and was so knowledgeable, she would have worn the skirt. We all make sacrifices for work, it's not like she never wore skirts, so not much of a sacrifice really. It clearly was a rebellious outburst that she thought she could get away with.

I agree that if true, forcing women to wear skirts in 2010, or whenever it was, was ridiculous. But you don't change attitudes and procedures by throwing a timmy tantrum. You change them by engaging with the Union to ensure that no one else has to make the same choices in the future. It's for things like this that the equalities legislation (though it's not without flaws) was created.

In her own words to her son "mummy is a girl sometimes and a boy sometimes" (though to me that is gender fluid not non binary, but šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø) Why could she not be the "girl sometimes" whilst going through the ceremony, and a "boy sometimes" when she returned to her daily work? Then she would have been able to take up the cause.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I donā€™t know why she took her small child to this. She seems to have ditched him for everything else, and thereā€™s plenty of pics of her at awards and nights out, despite the impossible nightmare of childcare arranging. Weird.
View attachment 456237
He was (unsurprisingly) very upset too, she filled all of her twitter friends in. I remember being annoyed at her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Iā€™ve seen a few pictures of her at awards ceremonies etc wearing a dress with captions saying that she hardly ever wears dresses. Seems that she can wear a dress if she thinks itā€™s important. Job canā€™t have been that important.

Reactions: 46
I feel there must be some green folded in.
I don't see any green for Jack. Green is a positive colour, a life colour. The shades we find less aesthetically pleasing are often found in moss and lichens. Moss has really positive vibes. Beige browns, black and greys are negative colours for me. Rich earth, autumn or chocolate browns are positive however. Jack's colours are leaky and insipid too. They are not bold or strong like they are for most other people. I feel the colours are indicative of personality. They can be sharp, soft, dull, blurred, blended, sectioned or of varying shades. Reading this back, I sound crazy but it is what I see. Jack's colours definitely show a very negative character and I saw that in her photo before I even knew who she was or started the threads, so all the info on here has not influenced that.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Plus she was all dressed up as Mary Poppins in a dress alone in her own house whilst having long COVID the other day.

• Haha
It's not necessary to be so aggressive about gender as she is in the article. The butch women I know are nothing like that. I guess they aren't playing a role though, just being themselves.

Reactions: 42
Jack was willing to put on two pairs of knickers to tame her unruly labia, and dress up like Sally Bowles to work a bar. But wouldn't put on a skirt for an hour for a passing out parade.

The woman spouts nonsense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
It's interesting how sticking with something for 12 weeks (her call handler training) seems like a huge accomplishment to her. I don't think 12 weeks is very long at all when it comes to job training.

• Heart
Re the colour thing, I don't really have that. Tastes smells and sounds are more dominant.

Reactions: 17
šŸ”ŗ

Only wholetime firelighters have 12 weeks training and a passing out parade. Call handlers do not. Call handler staff are completely separate to fire service personnel. Her insinuation she was a part-time firefighter is again more lies. If you want to apply for the role of firefighter you have to apply like anyone else, you canā€™t simply transfer from a completely different role. Her talk of ā€˜the old chief insisting female staff wear skirtsā€™ again is more lies. This was what, 10 years ago not 40 šŸ™„

ETA 12 weeks initial training before theyā€™re assigned to a watch. Then rookie and work way through competencies.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.