Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Profplum

Hi Fraus

I've finally been dragged out of hiding to comment because I can no longer refrain from addressing this absolute bullshit!!

🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺
I worked in Police Control at almost the exact same time as our friend was in Fire.

We had to wear uniform, but this comprised of traazers as these were felt to be more universally appropriate. Skirts had been phased out years before There was a far larger proportion of LGBQ staff than I have come across in any other work environment before or since and we even had 2 (!!!) trans colleagues.

As other Fraus have pointed out, this was around 2010, not 1910, there was a lot of campaigning around LGBTQ rights; special lanyards, pin badges, societies etc etc. If a Frau with a 'masculine leaning aesthetic' had been denied traaaazers there would have been a monumental uproar. The Union would have been clawing at the walls, a chaos would have ensued and Old Chief would have been put out to pasture. I'm sorry, its just complete bollocks.

I have forensically examined photos of passing out ceremonies of the time and guess what most of the firemanladies are wearing?

If that wasn't enough 🔺, I should add that whilst working in Police Control I found myself unexpectedly pregnant and subsequently a single mother (actually single, as in lone). Guess what? I had my beautiful Bebe, asked for reasonable adjustments to be considered, (under all those equal opportunities policies that existed because it was 2010 not 1910) to accommodate childcare and immediately moved to daytime only shifts post maternity. No issue, I just earned significantly less as there was no Ionger an un-social uplift. They don't want to lose experienced members of staff as the turnover is +++ due to the job being HARD, stressful and thankless.

I RENTED and claimed all the benefits I was entitled to. There was no wailing and gnashing of teeth; neither me nor my SB starved. We lived v. frugally but comfortably, warmly & happily.

I worked in Police Control for about 6 years... I would be mortified to even consider putting 'Ex police force' in a bio. It gets a cursory mention in my CV but quite honestly, I remember close to fuck-all and 10 years later, I imagine the role, processes & policies have changed considerably.

My apologies for the essay but I could bare it no longer, and so this has been something of an explosion. And may I add what a fantastic bunch of kind, intelligent and funny Frauen und herren you are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 197

squiffle

6CF9EA6D-FF1D-4BB7-91F3-AC5B4E20C5C9.jpeg
B9F8E116-197C-4213-9EDA-A14EA1776B8F.jpeg

Big day for Jack today! She’s made it into Fail Blog, which was - for some reason - a suggested post for me today on Facebook! All about humblebrags.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 126
Here's a recap of what she did (sorry no fancy links to individual posts):
-forgot that she was supposed to have a rash
-forgot that she was supposed to have singed her scalp on the gas hob
-forgot that she was supposed to have handed in her book manuscript
-forgot that she was supposed to go up tahn for something
-listed all her tattoos which are all as terrible as expected
-bemoaned having to source and mastermind all her food; has apparently never heard of takeaways or deliveries

Lots of us learnt about the existence of butter pie.

We also finally saw the vegan cook-along video she did for the Guardian a few months ago that she failed to inform us of, presumably because it was a trash fire.

I can't say conclusively but I don't think she appreciated that I lovingly crafted a song made entirely from sounds she made. It's almost as if even she is sick of the sound of her own voice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 112
Day 27 of telling Jack to take the wheelchair emoji out of her Twitter display name unless Vlad can find someone to go out and knobble her kneecaps. Stop banging on about being a gifted child as well, you're in your early thirties let it goooooooo.

Signed TS
(10 metre swimming certificate 1996)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
She’s put ex fire service in her bio to soak up any potential floating head TV slots surrounding this cladding controversy. Slots that should go to actual fire service staff, Grenfell survivors and campaigners, or leaseholders in a similar position?

Not someone whose dad sorted them out with a job vastly outpaced their open market rate, well over a decade ago now...? What value does she have to add to the conversation over than melodrama?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 104

Harrybosch

VIP Member
The thing with the foodbank visits is that I don't care how often she needed to visit. It;s not the use of the foodback that is problematic with her. My problem is that she's milking that story for her own gain, and is prone to hamming things up for effect. And if indeed it was only once as implied it's a frigging disgrace the media keep making her the face of foodbank users. It's lazy journalism already to keep wheeling her out, the middle class bootstrapper, so palatable for Torygraph readers.
Well said.

There are also other issues with he foodbank use that are problematic, namely that she seemingly never really needed to use one at all. This can be treacherous ground and I don't want anyone to mistake me for a Tory nutjob, so this may be long.

In the early threads here there were several posters who suggested she could have always had help from mum and dad. At the time, many of us (me included) said this was unfair and we didn't know whether she was estranged plus benefits don't work that way. You either are entitled to them based on your situation or not and that's quite right and fair (assuming that the system is fair, which of course it isn't, but that's not really the point here).

Anyway, over the course of studying for my honorary double doctorate in Monroe-studies, I've come to the conclusion that my initial defense of her was wrong. I don't know if her family are loaded, wealthy, or just 'ok', but from everything that has been dug up on her, it is clear that at no point was she estranged from her family and that her family's financial situation seems to have been comfortable enough to feed and quite possibly house her and her son. Not using that option was a choice she made. I don't have an issue with her making that choice, but the fact that she has built her entire career on pretending she didn't have that choice is wrong.

She says so much in what she leaves out of her story and relies on her dear readers to fill in the gaps. I, like many others, used to fill in the gaps with what was implied but never stated (father of her child abandoned them, family didn't care, etc.). She is a skilled liar and manipulator. That's what she should put in her bio.

• Heart
Reactions: 100

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
late grunk because i moved house today and struggle to sleep in new places 😫 SO many thoughts on that ramen

-the broth is 100% from a packet i have no idea how you'd manage to make it that colour otherwise
-why not rehydrate the mushrooms in the broth?
-CELERY? In a ramen broth?!
-if she didn't rinse the soba under cold water after cooking then those noodles will be a horrible claggy mess
-ramen toppings are meant to be a balance of flavours, not everything is supposed to taste like soy sauce! Also you wouldn't put pulled pork on a ramen so why do you think jackfruit belongs on there. Also the greens should taste crisp and fresh not oily from frying ugh
-not even going to think about mushrooms fried in mayo for a single second longer
-umeboshi is sour but i would not describe it as fierce wtf
-yakitori. Lol. I'm embarrassed for her. Didn't she claim to make her own tograshi once? What's the fucking point

overall i am shocked that she can fuck up ramen this much...why does all her food always look absolutely filthy?!

Picture of some recent ramens i made for comparison and as eye bleach for that monstrosity

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

Soapy Dolphin

VIP Member
You have to stop with this! You cannot simply take on the mantle of your father's career. My Dad is a doctor and I'm sure none of you ninnies want me examining any of your nooks and crannies...or rashes or ouchies or splinters. How many fires did you actually put out? Oh, that'll be a big fat zero. Grenfell and the repercussions should not be an opportunity for you to wave your "expert" flag to impress the squiggles. This definitely definitely isn't about you! 😠

F1DFECB7-D55D-4584-9EFF-75C69419516E.jpeg

Sorry, feeling quite vexed at the moment. Ate two boiled eggs - they weren't pie.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

LavaFlake

VIP Member
I don't know guys, she can't really control how much gum she has and criticising that makes me uncomfortable. Plus it gives her ammunition for calling us bullies.

You can definitely tell she's had filler though, which is very disingenuous when claiming poverty...

• Heart
Reactions: 95

MancBee

VIP Member
I find her fascinating. That ex fire service in her bio is just bizarre. She knows that's not what she was doing. Another day, another grossly exaggerated story or event, not a clue how disrespectful it is.
Not only was it a long time ago, she was so bad at it they wouldn't let her retract her notice! 😂😂

Had she been a valued member of the team, they would have jumped at the chance to take her back. If she were even moderately good at her job, they would have kept her in employment. It costs a lot of money to recruit and train staff. Even her father being in a senior position within the service wasn't enough to convince them to take her back.

She doesn't realise what it says about her that they wouldn't let her cancel her resignation, does she? Well, we know she reads here, so Jack, for the avoidance of any doubt........

THE FIRE SERVICE DIDN'T WANT YOU.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

Spanner

Chatty Member
I’m triangulating myself massively here but my dad was a firefighter (a station officer, in the old terms. I think maybe that’s what Jack’s dad was too?) AND he was a union rep too. (I promise Jack’s dad is not my dad. My dad is very left-wing and anti-landlord)

Things I have got from my dad being a fireman; respect for the role, some really gruesome stories, unlimited fire engine rides throughout the 1980s.

Things I have not got from my dad being a fireman; LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE TO DO WITH BEING A FIREMAN - MY GOD WOMAN ARE YOU CRAZY?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Wtf. If ever anyone needed (more) hard evidence that this leech is nothing but a shape shifting, chameleon cosplayer, it's her adding 'Ex Fire Service' to her bio in order to cash in on the back of the Grenfell disaster. I'm truly disgusted. How low will she go?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 88

Toffee finger

VIP Member
My husband has 26 teeth and I have 33. Ringing 111 for us both as I type, photo of us in Southend A+E will appear shortly #SendDoggos

(when I asked him if I could count them he said “Why? Is Jack Monroe lying about how many teeth she has?” 😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Thread Title thanks to me, I'm ashamed to say! 😖 but it was a long time coming!

She's done bugger all for a couple of days, so please forgive the lack of a synopsis. or indeed if you have a good synopsis, please supply it 🙂

please see the wiki for all of her evil deeds/various origin stories

and don't forget to check in with food and drink when it gets too much ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85