Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe these articles are a bit like casting in TV, these days it's often left to more junior people in an effort to save cash.

Ironically you then spend money down the line trying to fix things that more experience would have told you aren't a good idea.

Perhaps similar to social media PR/research. If you never go beyond Wikipedia you're never gonna know any better.

Reactions: 26
How dare it be implied that Jack wears dresses and skirts but just wanted to be difficult with regard to the fireservice. She only wears traaazers, cuz she's a bird. (Had to grit my teeth to write that 😂). See these beautiful trousers that she is wearing that are most definitely NOT skirts or dresses.... this feels far too easy.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Realise the discussion has moved on a bit but I took an interest in Camilla Batmanghelidjh / Kids Company etc. Having read 3 interviews with 3 different journalists at different times I noticed a common feature. Each interview was interrupted by an urgent phone call from a severely upset kids co client who would only speak to CB.
Funny that...
Oooh, I never noticed that. Must revisit. I know she used to come down ' survey's and present the results as facts.

Reactions: 18
How dare it be implied that Jack wears dresses and skirts but just wanted to be difficult with regard to the fireservice. She only wears traaazers, cuz she's a bird. (Had to grit my teeth to write that 😂). See these beautiful trousers that she is wearing that are most definitely NOT skirts or dresses.... this feels far too easy.
Lest we forget Victorian ghost child Jack (please tell me someone else remembers this?? I remember a hilarious photoshop but I’m scared it’s all just been a sick dream 😬)
B9698C16-5C99-4E62-83DF-05C72E18560F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
She looks stunning in that final one- so relaxed and comfortable.

Reactions: 52
I thought she actually looks quite nice in that last photo.... Then saw the dead falcon in her hair

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I was looking for the photo I mentioned in my post and found this instead - Jack ranting about people pretending to be poor!

She even quotes "Common People"

:ROFLMAO:
This article :cry:
If true, still makes me so sad to think she chose to inflict a large amount of misery on her child. Again, if true, has she ever satisfactorily explained why she did not ask her parents or son's father for help?
It is hardly as if she lived on a different land mass - she was relatively near them. Fair enough she put herself through this, but a child? I get MH problems mean you can make unwise decisions, but I then don't get why she is living off this desparately sad period of time. And therefore making her son relive it.
No new reflections here I know, but it hits me every time that if true she had ways and means of not selling her son's shoes and making him cold and wet.
*entirely unfounded theory alert* I said before I wondered if she was pissed off with Daddy for not stepping in and saving her job (that she resigned from) and this was a case of 'look what you did'.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Have we seen this? Apparently it's happening on the 8th March. I scribbled out the name of the person tagging her before realising that they are the organiser of this event 🤷‍♀️. Surprised they tagged this name rather than the Monroe one.... maybe she goes via that for a more private social media? (Either that or she has no idea about it and I've just flagged it to her 😂🙈) I don't know if this means she's made a video, is talking at this event or what. But found it quite interesting....

ETA. I did definitely check it was her and not some other person with the exact same name, just incase.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Have we seen this? Apparently it's happening on the 8th March. I scribbled out the name of the person tagging her before realising that they are the organiser of this event 🤷‍♀️. Surprised they tagged this name rather than the Monroe one.... maybe she goes via that for a more private social media? (Either that or she has no idea about it and I've just flagged it to her 😂🙈) I don't know if this means she's made a video, is talking at this event or what. But found it quite interesting....
But. But! She’s... not Northern?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Holy cow. Show me the pictorial definition of "Delusions of Grandeur".

Haven't squigged SB's face, as this shot is in the public domain AND she's posted it.

1614347361907.png

Her poor son. Her poor parents. She just does not know how to stop.

1614348087936.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
Oooh, I never noticed that. Must revisit. I know she used to come down ' survey's and present the results as facts.
Purely hypothetically, if I had a colleague (or boss, for that matter) who appeared to be quite so personally involved with vulnerable kids, even ignoring press reports of favourites just having money given to them with what seems like little appreciation of the implications of that, I'd be doing a Safeguarding referral because of the boundary issues. It's fraught with danger, having an 'only one person can help' dynamic.

I wonder how on earth women in the military ever coped with having to wear skirts as dress uniform, though. I know there were campaigns to change the requirement, but surely they didn't all refuse to attend because it was part of the bloody job to do as you were told regarding hair/makeup/uniform in different circumstances? I suppose none of them were ever as special as JM and were simply all happy to express their feminine aesthetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.