Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
De-lurking myself to say I am still confused as to why on earth anyone would put all those treatments Jack claimed to have used on a rash in such a short space of time... that's not how rashes work babe, and tbh everyone knows that. Have we had any updates on the rash?
No update and she has ignored everyone who has asked her. She does this all time. Huge injury chaos drama one day then it never gets mentioned again.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
These people always chime back with 'get a hobby'. When im not working, studying and parenting, this is my hobby. duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Ms Sodha is extremely connected, has an eating disorder and rips off recipes because she has no ideas of her own because she isn't a vegan.
Typical, I should have known it was too good to be true! Extremely connected is fine when you have actual talent, Mom couldn’t get much more privileged after all. Ripping off recipes, not so much.
Edited to add: I don’t think her having an eating disorder is relevant, she doesn’t talk about food in a problematic way in her books. She wouldn’t be the only chef out there to have had difficulties around food, and surely showing recovery is possible is a good thing?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I reported my post to remove the link to the blog, couldn’t see option to edit it.
B7FF66A9-7961-430F-ACE6-F615B39BF917.png
maybe this was discussed on previous thread but just noticed this and this isn’t maceration?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
No update and she has ignored everyone who has asked her. She does this all time. Huge injury chaos drama one day then it never gets mentioned again.
[DEADLINE LOOMS/NOT MUCH ATTENTION THE PREVIOUS DAY (Delete as appropriate)]

Jack: I have never known worse pain. I've taken EVERYTHING. WHYYYYYYYY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Squigs: OMG, Jack, have you tried bonjela?
Jack: I just said I've tried EVERYTHING, you credulous little twats. I'm off to A&E, because I don't want to bother the GP.
Publisher: Oh, Jack! That sounds terrible! I think the best thing to do is just to extend your submission date, and take the pressure off you. You take care of yourself, and let us know when you feel up to talking.
Jack:

1614087284416.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
The last couple of times she had office-based jobs they were a disaster. Fire service ended with her getting the union involved. She got a plum job at the Southend Echo and left after five minutes...

Any job that would hire her would be totally beneath her nowadays. And probably not earn enough to pay her RENT.
Why doesn't she get a shop in a supermarket Delhi or something, where she can faff about with olives and capers and present them all in little bowls. Minimal work as most of it is prepared already I just needs set up. Minimal contact as all she will have to do his give someone X amount of olives and a block of fancy cheese.

Reactions: 21
Shame that the blogger was so offended right off the bat, looked like an interesting blog to me. Can’t be doing with the rejection sensitivity so I’m Deborah Meaden looking at a ill- researched business investment - I’m out

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I hate the term ‘Spoonie’, I appreciate the description just not the term. I’m a frigging spoonie amongst other things and I refuse to be defined by the issues I have. I’m surprised Jack hasn’t latched onto the term yet. Watch this space 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Why doesn't she get a shop in a supermarket Delhi or something, where she can faff about with olives and capers and present them all in little bowls. Minimal work as most of it is prepared already I just needs set up. Minimal contact as all she will have to do his give someone X amount of olives and a block of fancy cheese.
Nah. I like the person behind the counter at Waitrose to have washed their hands, thanks. And if I ask for Goat's cheese, I don't expect to be handed a lump of Cathedral City whilst they stamp their feet and say 'Cheese is CHEESE, you fool! It's ALL THE SAME'.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Harley, as you are reading here, nobody harasses Jack, we discuss Jack and the anomalies and lies in her stories. No harassment involved.

We are allowed to air an opinion on things that Jack puts into the public domain, We are also able to make comments on your content as you have put it out for people to read. Unfortunately for you, your gender, sexuality and disabilities (like Jack) does not preclude you having critical reviews of your content.

Thank you, a disabled, chronically ill, gay man.

• Heart
Reactions: 128
I hate the term ‘Spoonie’, I appreciate the description just not the term. I’m a frigging spoonie amongst other things and I refuse to be defined by the issues I have. I’m surprised Jack hasn’t latched onto the term yet. Watch this space 🙄
I agree, in the same way parents describe children with Aspergers as 'Aspie'. I once had a friend who doesn't have any chronic illness whatsoever say, "I haven't the spoons today," because they were hungover :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
I'm not sure it would be better for the other people in the office.

Second thoughts, it would be awful for the other people in the office.
Au contraire.

It is good to have an office twit, some lazy know it all fantasist, who makes up transparent tit about other colleagues and brown noses all the managers, and who pretends expertise, say on excel, then it turns out they can't even apply a simple bleeping filter. Especially if someone has said the twit could train you on excel, and you have to tell, that you think you might just about manage.

It gives other colleagues something to bond about. It is like a team building exercise.

Really wasn’t joking! But clearly not thinking too hard about people who might have to interact with her.

I just wonder if her current life brings out all the worst points in her (the need for attention, because she’s having no real human interaction etc), and whether actually having to live in the real world would calm her the duck down.

But a murder board research job, or something? A little desk in the corner?

Clearly, I’m in an army of one here 😂
Yup, I can see Jack in a My little Office set up, tongue sticking out in concentration as she does some important colouring in.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
These people always chime back with 'get a hobby'. When im not working, studying and parenting, this is my hobby. duck off.
Haha hard agree 😹 this thread has really lifted my spirits over lockdown, much needed light relief

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I am BUSY today but I wanted to pop in to mark an important anniversary:

Today we celebrate a full 3 months since Jack Monroe posted an update on her Patreon page.

Here's to many more months of money for nothing!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
autistic....and never got the "spoons" thing. Makes no sense to me whatsoever as an analogy.

What I do say is that I am exhausted...when I am as that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.