Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have missed the most important question of them all.

Where is the cinnamon granola recipe?

Apologies for getting ~slightly~ unhinged here.
I have the recipe!

Oats
Maple syrup (or golden/treacle/agave/glucose syrup as all syrups are the same).
Oil (sunflower/olive/extra virgin/coconut/melted lard/leftover fat from sausages because all fat is the same).
Cinnamon (or any other spice because all spices are the same).

Put a tablespoon of each into a blender and whizz it up. Cook for 5 hours. Serves 6 people.

Feel free to forward onto Prince Philip

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
2099027F-B77B-4A9C-A628-5B2CD68BE70E.jpeg
7BB368A2-DDB7-435A-B7E5-2DA4A158B33B.jpeg

I’m still waiting for her to get back from the shop and start up november’s lockdown larder.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
did she ever send the packet of crisps to australia? Or collect and thank the person who sent her that shopping trolley when she was pretending to be poor just before her collab with two major food brands?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I hate the term 'ally' too. Makes me thing of all the Nice Guys™️ like the smolrobot man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
She forgets/doesn’t care that she holds a public platform and that she has people who hang on to her words and emulate her. Its a pet peeve of mine when people with influence talk about “not bothering” the NHS. The whole point is that people, ESPECIALLY those with long term conditions (looking at you, wheelchair emoji) have continuity of support in general practice. Don’t suggest that people shouldn’t contact the GP because they are some sort of burden. Urgh.
My great-aunts refused to 'bother the doctor'. One fell and 'hurt her leg' but wouldn't call the doctor. Dad told them that she had to be walking or they couldn't come to us for Christmas and New Year. Of course, when he went to collect them, she wasn't so he had to carry her down from the second floor tenement flat. She couldn't get out of bed so dad called the doctor who came first thing in the morning. She had broken her leg at the hip so was carted off back to the same city she had come from in an ambulance and put in traction. It never healed properly because of the time delay but she was incandescent with anger at her nephew for daring to call the doctor. Weird.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I have the recipe!

Oats
Maple syrup (or golden/treacle/agave/glucose syrup as all syrups are the same).
Oil (sunflower/olive/extra virgin/coconut/melted lard/leftover fat from sausages because all fat is the same).
Cinnamon (or any other spice because all spices are the same).

Put a tablespoon of each into a blender and whizz it up. Cook for 5 hours. Serves 6 people.

Feel free to forward onto Prince Philip
could I use sausage toffee in place of cinnamon?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.