Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people question how people can eat the brown soup or the breeze block bread. Last night I found out people at the Cecil hotel drank brown hotel water and there only response to it was it wasn't nice. This proves to me people will drink and eat anything.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Not sure if I'm getting muddled so excuse me if I'm wrong, but didn't she say they forced the door to fit a meter previously?
Yes said they broke in, which never happened because it is illegal.
They would've made sure the landlord was present if Jack was ignoring them.
Also, previously it was that she turned off the boiler to save money, then it was it was off because it was busted. Surely the landlord/letting agent would sort that?

Reactions: 27
Our Jack is military around the edges so I’m curious as to why there’s no mention of the news this week that people who had their medals confiscated because they were LGBT - can now get them back.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Just goes to show how skewed Jack's notion of financial security appears to be - she thinks it's having the kind of disposable income for expensive watches, posh cars, property portfolios and so on. And she'll keep on believing that she's poor until she has all of those things.
Way behind (again), but I felt I had to add to this.

She knobs on about a forever home as if that will solve all her issues, including financial security.

Yesterday, my front door refused to lock. Because I don't rent I had to sort this out myself, which involved calling an emergency locksmith. I really don't think she realises that houses often cost at least the same to own as rent once you factor all the upkeep in. I consider myself fortunate that I'm fincancially secure enough that I could just go ahead and pay someone to fix the door instead of having to juggle or borrow money, or put it on credit (although my retired mam, bless her, offered to lend me the money anyway after I'd sorted it ❤).

To me that's financial security, being able to deal with an emergency without an overload of money stress on top of everything. Not how many crappy sideboards and piles of tat you can buy. Hell, a sideboard wouldn't even fit in any room in my house unless you plonked it in the middle of the floor or had no sofa. Not to mention what happens when your pet needs emergency treatment (been there, thousands on credit card. Not pleasant.).

She has literally no idea how to be an adult, the pile of bills being an obvious indicator of that. What exactly does she think happens if you let bills pile up like that when you own your house? People just let you get away with it because you own something? No pet, that's when they come and take whatever you own off you.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
How did she make all the soups so brown? Any time I've thrown together and odds and ends soup it ends up either green or orange (depending on carrot quantity). How did she manage brown for all of them? It has to be a filter or something?
My guess is:
Firstly, she's overcooking the base. When she's cooking the onions and carrots, they're browning and she's scorching the bottom of the pan.
Secondly, she's probably using chicken stock (I've seen this used in soup recipes on her website).
Then, she's using dark ingredients- kidney beans, black beans, mushrooms, seaweed, old vegetables that are probably turning brown.
She's also using dark flavourings- ras hal hanout, miso, jerk paste.
Finally, her photography is pants.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I think 'nice, educated, middle class girl on benefits' could've been a potentially interesting niche. A real sign of how awful the economic situation, and jobs market has been for so many years now. She could've discussed the underemployment faced by many graduates who would've traditionally walked into a decent career. The need for 'top up' benefits due to low wages and stupidly high housing costs. The fact many people will never own their 'forever home' due to these factors and the knock on effects this will have in future.

I don't mean in a howling and clawing way, because obviously as those in the middle fall they push those at the bottom even further down, but as a genuine example of how pretty much everyone is being screwed by those few at the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I like the smell of that coal tar soap too! Maybe it just reminds me of childhood or something. Anyway, I wouldn't turn it into shower gel or liquid soap. I make do with a bar of soap just fine and my hands (and conscience) are perfectly clean.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I thought raw coriander was a thing? In salads, like parsley.
If she can't stand it, why is she buyng it?

ETA - don't buy it for Bungalow Buddy, she's not contributing to the bills!

Reactions: 33
I've often not found some of Jack's slop as horrifying looking as other Fraus but those soups really look revolting. And this is such a pointless trivial lie but who is eating coriander raw? And that coriander clearly isn't in 'smithereens'?!
I know she wears glasses, but she really needs to get down to Specsavers for a check up, if she thinks they look good. They're honestly stomach churning, both in image and description. The taste doesn't bare thinking about 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My guess is:
Firstly, she's overcooking the base. When she's cooking the onions and carrots, they're browning and she's scorching the bottom of the pan.
Secondly, she's probably using chicken stock (I've seen this used in soup recipes on her website).
Then, she's using dark ingredients- kidney beans, black beans, mushrooms, seaweed, old vegetables that are probably turning brown.
She's also using dark flavourings- ras hal hanout, miso, jerk paste.
Finally, her photography is pants.
That could explain the brown... but why are they all so foamy when she's cooking them? They look like swamps 🤢
Screenshot_20210216-095857~3.png

(Maybe she's cross contaminated them with that coal tar soap? 🤔 😂)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
When people question how people can eat the brown soup or the breeze block bread. Last night I found out people at the Cecil hotel drank brown hotel water and there only response to it was it wasn't nice. This proves to me people will drink and eat anything.
I was actually gagging at that bit.. Would still rather drink that water than that Miso shite she posted last night though.

Edited to remove spoiler! Sorry!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I thought raw coriander was a thing? In salads, like parsley.
If she can't stand it, why is she buyng it?

ETA - don't buy it for Bungalow Buddy, she's not contributing to the bills!
I love coriander , I could eat it by the bunch.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Back to the bank cards again. My partner is always losing his. He leaves it in the card machine in a shop and walks out, puts it down on the counter, takes it out to do online transactions, put's it in his shirt pocket and can't remember where he put it. It is constant. Don't get me started on his keys, he is know for losing keys, so much so that we had to walk 3 miles back to a party in the freezing cold snow because he had put them into a drawer at the party "for safe keeping" then forgot he'd done it. We went to a nightclub and put his keys down somewhere, we ended up sleeping on the living room floor of a complete stranger who took pity on us until we could get the locksmith around the next morning.

Does he have ADHD? No, he just keeps putting stuff down and forgets what he's done with them. LIKE WE ALL DO!

Why is it that everything she does is attributable to her ADHD or Autism, absolutely everything. Even the most mundane thing that everyone else does she attributes to one or other of her diagnoses.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
5056F7E5-EFDD-4BAF-A706-15150583095E.jpeg

Those beans look like they've been chucked on top straight from the can as an afterthought. Those "soups" all look revolting to me.

• Sick
Reactions: 47
I'm watching that too!!! Gripping stuff.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.