Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking from experience a long time ago I was literally starving. A long story but I ended up in hospital with malnutrition. No one noticed. No one. I was an abused wife married to a psychopath who thought it was an interesting experiment to see how much abuse a human being can take before they suicide. If I told he would kill my dog and then me. Truly he would.
So yes, it happens.
I hope you are recovering from your terrible experience 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 43
If she’d burnt her head enough to make it red and flaky she’d be in agony.
It’s all relative though with Jack: splinter in the finger = Howling agony and misery for days.
A singed enough scalp for it to be red and hair missing = lols and japes and brag tweeting about it after getting SB to ‘take a photo’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
As with most things Jack says I have no idea if she is telling the truth about that.

Hasn't she also claimed her benefits were suspended because she left her job. Spoiler, they weren't.
I do wonder if she had to pay back some of her maternity pay, due to the short length of time she returned to work for.I'm unsure as to how long exactly you have to work for, but it would mess up four finances

Reactions: 27
How do you kneel down to light the oven, but your head is over the top of the hob. I just can't work out the physicality of it. If your head is over the hob, how can you see the oven controls, or be kneeling down? Also if her head was near enough to the flame to catch fire, it would be almost touching the hob top. I am just trying to imagine how contorted her body was such that her hair caught fire while turning on an oven.

Another catastrophe befalls her. She is the most unluckiest person I have ever heard of, so many accidents and incidents.

Also she now is "not exactly short of the thatched roof", when only a while back it was falling out in clumps leaving bald patches. (@colouredlines got there first with that one :))

• Haha
Reactions: 82
How do you kneel down to light the oven, but your head is over the top of the hob. I just can't work out the physicality of it. If your head is over the hob, how can you see the oven controls? Also if her head was near enough to the flame to catch fire, it would be almost touching the hob top. I am just trying to imagine how contorted her body was such that her hair caught fire while turning on an oven.

Another catastrophe befalls her. She is the most unluckiest person I have ever heard of, so many accidents and incidents.

Also she now is "not exactly short of the thatched roof", when only a while back it was falling out in clumps leaving bald patches.
It's like the black eye on the tap incident again. Physically impossible.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I do wonder if she had to pay back some of her maternity pay, due to the short length of time she returned to work for.I'm unsure as to how long exactly you have to work for, but it would mess up four finances
It seems like she came back then went off with stress, then resigned.

Reactions: 23
I once singed my hair at a party because I was lighting a cigarette on a gas hob. Never mind the smoking.... smoking inside, in somebody’s kitchen. Different times!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Today's top news. Ex fire fighter who is going to resolve the Grenfell issues keeps setting herself on fire 🔥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
Re the hair and cooker. The Rangemaster has a auto start button. You don’t have to light it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
A million dollars if she actually posts a non-cartoon photograph of her burned head. It’s black-eye-gate all over again!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I thought raw coriander was a thing? In salads, like parsley.
If she can't stand it, why is she buyng it?

ETA - don't buy it for Bungalow Buddy, she's not contributing to the bills!
I've had it added to cooked rice/couscous right at the end and part of guacamole tbf (although with the latter it's combined with lime etc) but in Jack's soup it just looks like she's added it right at the end, so it's not really wilted to 'smithereens' or blended into the dish like she's claiming. I suppose I was picturing someone chomping through one of those great big bunches you get - which even my husband wouldn't do.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.