Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For anyone who wasn't around at the time, or is starting to doubt what happened, don't let Jack gaslight you. Here is what happened to the kitten in her own words (images collected by various frauen from Jack's Twitter & Insta):

That's the basic story. I focused on lies about the vet and medical treatment, rather than the weird videos, monetised tribute, and other strange issues. Anyone who stumbles across this: Jack Monroe repeatedly lied about taking her disabled kitten to the vet. Despite being told "it's not advised to do nothing", she did nothing until the animal died. She is a bleeping monster.

Note: compiling this post was not fun. But if Jack is lying about it over at Linda McCartney's Insta, people should know the truth.
Thanks for putting this together.

It's even more horrifying than I remember.

That poor little thing suffered much more than she needed to all because Jack needed to get her narc supply topped up 😞

Truly sickening.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Yes, I remember we said at the time that whoever gave the kitten to Jack was completely out of order too.
When the kitten was born the owner should have done the right thing and put the poor creature to sleep as vets recommended, not pass it to Jack for her to try and use for attention

For anyone who wasn't around at the time, or is starting to doubt what happened, don't let Jack gaslight you. Here is what happened to the kitten in her own words (images collected by various frauen from Jack's Twitter & Insta):

That's the basic story. I focused on lies about the vet and medical treatment, rather than the weird videos, monetised tribute, and other strange issues. Anyone who stumbles across this: Jack Monroe repeatedly lied about taking her disabled kitten to the vet. Despite being told "it's not advised to do nothing", she did nothing until the animal died. She is a bleeping monster.

Note: compiling this post was not fun. But if Jack is lying about it over at Linda McCartney's Insta, people should know the truth.
The episode is horrific - the poor thing. And she was told from the beginning this would happen. The poor vets who had to see her take the kitten away when they knew it would only get worse.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 64

It’s clear from those pics that the poor kitten was not only very seriously ill, but also deteriorating. We were saying on here from the start to get her to a vet, and as I recall Jack held off on doing this for about 10 days. She claimed at one point that the kitten was happy because she was purring - whereas anyone who knows cats can tell you that they also purr when they’re stressed or in pain (it’s self-soothing). But Jack is so self-centred that she didn’t take the kitten’s interests into account.
You’re absolutely right, she is a monster. I think this has to be the worst thing she’s done.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
All the comments on the LMC spring rolls post that relate to Jack. I've not bothered with the ones that are just commenting on the post. I've also colour coded the Viggles, hoping that I've got it right!

View attachment 437252View attachment 437253View attachment 437254View attachment 437255View attachment 437256View attachment 437257View attachment 437258View attachment 437259View attachment 437260View attachment 437261View attachment 437262
I am actually really impressed with the Viggles. Every comment is well worded and absolutely fair. There’s no aggressive language or name calling. But they’re labelled as trolls by Mx Monroe. No, you’re being held accountable for your own actions. None of these things are made up - they were all on her/their Twitter feed. If you’ve nothing to hide you don’t delete Twitter and insta posts.

Vegans get such a bad rep from the very militant side (but that’s like any group ie The sustainable period people who sneer at those who don’t use moon cups and washable pants etc) but these viggles, my respect 📈 It’s really crap that they’re being dismissed as harasses and trolls.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
It’s clear from those pics that the poor kitten was not only very seriously ill, but also deteriorating. We were saying on here from the start to get her to a vet, and as I recall Jack held off on doing this for about 10 days. She claimed at one point that the kitten was happy because she was purring - whereas anyone who knows cats can tell you that they also purr when they’re stressed or in pain (it’s self-soothing). But Jack is so self-centred that she didn’t take the kitten’s interests into account.
You’re absolutely right, she is a monster. I think this has to be the worst thing she’s done.
I’ve said it before but this is what brought me here. I had followed her for years and did genuinely believe what she was peddling. Until the kitten. Horrifying.

• Sad
Reactions: 53
On a slightly different note, has anyone cooked any of MB’s recipes? I’ve heard good things about him, and, while we are standard omnivorous flexitarians here 😉, I’d like to cook a couple of vegan meals a week, but don’t really know where to start!
he's great! his recipes are so so simple, I've bought all his books for my nan and she uses them pretty much every day

Reactions: 32
I am actually really impressed with the Viggles. Every comment is well worded and absolutely fair. There’s no aggressive language or name calling. But they’re labelled as trolls by Mx Monroe. No, you’re being held accountable for your own actions. None of these things are made up - they were all on her/their Twitter feed. If you’ve nothing to hide you don’t delete Twitter and insta posts.

Vegans get such a bad rep from the very militant side (but that’s like any group ie The sustainable period people who sneer at those who don’t use moon cups and washable pants etc) but these viggles, my respect 📈 It’s really crap that they’re being dismissed as harasses and trolls.
I totally agree!
Seeing the way the viggles are approaching this has been great and also that there are so many vegans on this thread has been brilliant for me personally too. I tried veganuary a few years ago now and found the vegan community at the time absolutely horrible. Really militant and condescending and it put me off the whole thing to be honest. Just not wanting to be associated with ‘that’ group I guess. It’s been really eye opening and nice to see a bunch of vegans not at all like that and has made me realise that I’ve inadvertently tarred all vegans with that same brush since my experience which was wrong of me.

• Heart
I'm

"I know. I talk about it a lot" and therein lies the problem. Veganism is not expensive. You spread damaging, misleading ideas about veganism then want praise from us.

...And even if veganism was the most expensive way of eating in the world, Jack could still afford to do it. No need to find a balance when you're rich.

It's funny how just a duck tweets before, she was saying she KNOWS veganism is cheap and she has therefore, right from the beginning, always created and promoted highly plant-based meals.
I'm not vegan but from what I've seen being vegan can either be expensive or cheap depending on what you want to eat.

To put it into my perspective last night as a rare v day treat we had the more expensive steak in the butchers. We don't eat it very often at all similar some vegans might have jackfruit or some other more expensive vegan item as a rare treat but eat the cheaper stuff for everyday.

She doesn't seem to understand that to be sustainable you eat the basic non rinsed stuff and keep the fancy smancy stuff for special occasion.

Plus the comment about jackfruit being expensive I think was more the squiggle saying it's expensive to turn into something resembling a heavy period. Similar to how meat eaters get upset when the more delicate meats get cremated.

Basically she has not one clue.

Reactions: 39
The pictures of her at that time with the kitten make me uncomfortable because she looks so ill. Someone definitely should have stepped in.
Yes, they should have. But the likes of Vix, another a plus pass for kitty, were egging her on. Which is why I thought Vix was a bigger bleep than Jack.

• Sad
Reactions: 28

Christ. I'd forgotten quite how much of a bleep she was through all that. Disgusting behaviour 🙁

• Sad
  • Heart
It horrified me at the time but seeing it all together in one post is just utterly shocking. I don’t have any words really, I just can’t believe she thinks she did the right thing for the kitten.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Seeing those kitten posts again is heart wrenching. That poor thing

• Sad
Reactions: 48
I watched the Netflix true crime doc Don’t F*** With Cats last night. It’s upsetting and often graphic, so be very much warned.

I was fascinated by the narcissistic personality of Luka Magnotta, the fragile looking, shape-shifting perpetual ‘victim’. He was eventually caught because he couldn’t help looking up his own profile on Interpol’s website in an Internet cafe!

He used sock puppet accounts to both praise and bully himself online. He literally made up news stories about himself and faked that he’d been hounded and had death threats. His face and hair looked constantly different. Even faced with overwhelming evidence, he insisted he was somehow the victim in it all. He was obsessed with being known as who he was so, even on the run, he left breadcrumbs everywhere. Even his aliases pointed back to him, because he literally could not stop showing off. He used certain words and grammatical errors that made him identifiable to the Internet sleuths who started to second guess his every move.

He literally looked like a pixie. He was also smol and very feminine in looks. Anyway. Just putting that recommendation out there.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

Thanks for putting it all together. It's bleeping awful to read it in one stream like this. She lies and makes it all about herself.

• Sad
100%. One of them mass breeders innit.

I cant believe she documented what was essentially animal cruelty and she got away with it. And that bleep Vix.
Who is this Vix person and why do you talk of her although her bleep rating is higher than Jack’s?

I’ve been around for a while, but this has proper stumped me. Thankspaceyou in advance!

Reactions: 22
from what I remember the kitten had cerebral hypoplasia and the general treatment for it is PTS. Some cats can go on to live for a while but it depends on the serverity of the condition and the kitten looked pretty severe. The condition can also cause seizures and if my memory hasn't deceived me didn't the kitten die after a seizure. They don't usually feel pain as their nerves are not working properly enough to have a proper pain response.
Kittens are normally born disabled because their mothers have got feline parovirus so therefore I don't think the person that gave the cat to her owned it, I think it was more have a feral cat giving birth in the person's garden and she dishes them out. The kitten looked very young almost to young to be away from her mother so therefore confirming my own theory. ( To myself) as a normal pet owner would have had the mother vaccinated.

• Sad
Reactions: 43

I wasn't around on here at this time - but was following her on Twitter and this was what led me to unfollow and block her - after reporting the (now deleted obvs) posts. Obviously realise I was pissing in the wind with that as Twitter did nothing. It's completely heartbreaking to see it all laid out like that - and how anyone can look at it and see it as anything other than a monetized opportunity for her to get more SM likes and a spot on TV is beyond me. That poor wee dab did not stand a chance and looks so distressed.

I don't know whether I've misremembered or not, but I'm sure on one of the LM posts on insta one of the vegan squigs said they'd reported her to the RSPCA at the time? I think the kitten died not long after and then of course the mass deletion of tweets to remove any suspicion.

How is she getting away with it all?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Anyone with a brain cell could tell by looking at the little kitty's eyes that it was very ill and in distress - its third eyelid was showing in every photo, and this eyelid/nictitating membrane is a red flag that a cat is very sick indeed.

Her refusal to listen to advice, friendly and professional, coupled with her using this sick animal as a literal prop in her photos is truly appalling.

• Sad
Reactions: 69

A hard post to read but brilliantly put together thanks CL.

Could we ask a mod to put a link to this post in wiki in kitten section?

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Another really awful aspect of the kitten thing was how much she discussed the fact that kitten was the only thing helping her to heal and get through difficult times and when she’d got a SON right there

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.