Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My god I'd forgotten just how horrific the whole kitten saga was.
It's obvious the kitten is really not very well from the get go you only have to look at its eyes to see how poorly it is, and as a previous poster said you can see it deteriorating the further along it gets.

Jack obviously posted all this for the likes and attention and the chance to appear on tv with the super vet, with no thought to the poor kitten, just making all about Jack as per usual.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
When the kitten was born the owner should have done the right thing and put the poor creature to sleep as vets recommended, not pass it to Jack for her to try and use for attention

The episode is horrific - the poor thing. And she was told from the beginning this would happen. The poor vets who had to see her take the kitten away when they knew it would only get worse.

Honestly I was allready here at the time of all this but seeing this all laid out you realise how cruel she was to that poor kitten. Multiple vets telling her this and she ignores them and look what happens

• Sad
Reactions: 42
Christ. I'd forgotten quite how much of a bleep she was through all that. Disgusting behaviour 🙁
Thank you for keeping the receipts. It’s just horrifying. Does she even understand the concept of veganism? Or did she just see it as something she could monetise?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve read all the comments this morning and already trust the cabal’s opinion. I can’t look at the kitten thread as I know it’ll just upset me. I know enough about it to know it’s bad. Poor wee thing didn’t stand a chance. Thank you for documenting it as I think it will really make people sit up and think a bit more. I can’t abide folk that don’t put their animals welfare above their own needs. It’s literally the whole reason to be a pet owner - you simply always do the right thing for them. I know I don’t always get it right but I could never knowingly have them in pain. Ever.

*cat tax attached (right now 🔺)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Huge morning grunk while I should be writing (damn you, Tattle) and going back a bit now but it struck me as weird how she worded the "it was going to be my first dance at my wedding" (sorry, can't screenshot as can't Tattle on my phone but can't tweet from my laptop :rolleyes: ). Once you see the light it's evident why her relationships all fail but this off the cuff remark is so revealing about how she is the very centre of the universe even when it's supposed to be a shared experience.

Seeing the kitten tweets collated is horrifying. Thanks for doing it @colouredlines. I couldn't see screenshots at the time it was all going down but I did follow it and I could see that kitten was so, so sick. The lies and evasion and contradictions all placed next to each other makes me a bit queasy. She's a psychopath.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
For anyone who wasn't around at the time, or is starting to doubt what happened, don't let Jack gaslight you. Here is what happened to the kitten in her own words (images collected by various frauen from Jack's Twitter & Insta):

That's the basic story. I focused on lies about the vet and medical treatment, rather than the weird videos, monetised tribute, and other strange issues. Anyone who stumbles across this: Jack Monroe repeatedly lied about taking her disabled kitten to the vet. Despite being told "it's not advised to do nothing", she did nothing until the animal died. She is a bleeping monster.

Note: compiling this post was not fun. But if Jack is lying about it over at Linda McCartney's Insta, people should know the truth.
Thank you for putting that together - it's really quite shocking reading it in full. Didn't she also post about washing her then subjecting her to a blow dry the day she died? I remember the pic because she looked so poorly.

Also comparing taking in a disabled kitten to the 'waifs and strays with additional needs' aka foster children her parents looked after. The way she speaks is so cold...no empathy at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 55
The kitten, Grenfell ghouling, and taking people’s winter fuel allowance, are my main reasons for never ever feeling sorry for Jack. She’s absolutely vile. I genuinely believe she’s bordering on sociopathic.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
The thing that got me is she claimed she would handle it all the vet fees realised how expensive it actually was ten panicked.

Also did anymore actually happen with the supervet? I can't remember it all.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
I honestly think the supervet would have recommended the same as other vets. But the poor thing died before she could make the appointment.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Have they deleted the comments from the spring roll video? I can't see the Jack saga there now :/

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Anyone with a brain cell could tell by looking at the little kitty's eyes that it was very ill and in distress - its third eyelid was showing in every photo, and this eyelid/nictitating membrane is a red flag that a cat is very sick indeed.

Her refusal to listen to advice, friendly and professional, coupled with her using this sick animal as a literal prop in her photos is truly appalling.
I can’t imagine how sick in the head you have to be to want to play about with an animal so feeble & weak? She was doing photo shoots in slings and balancing him on her shoulders, washed & blow dried the corpse. Like @PoorPatrol said the whole thing is very don’t f with cats, it’s terrifying behaviour tbh. Also can’t understand why she started looking like a nitty in this era (sorry for crass term I know it’s not gr8 but I can’t think of another word for it)

Thank you @colouredlines for creating this time line, I’ve never been on the wiki so this may be duplicative but should we add this as the ultimate kitten post on there? xx

ETA @Pocahontas youre the best thank you xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I can’t imagine how sick in the head you have to be to want to play about with an animal so feeble & weak? She was doing photo shoots in slings and balancing him on her shoulders, washed & blow dried the corpse. Like @PoorPatrol said the whole thing is very don’t f with cats, it’s terrifying behaviour tbh. Also can’t understand why she started looking like a nitty in this era (sorry for crass term I know it’s not gr8 but I can’t think of another word for it)

Thank you @colouredlines for creating this time line, I’ve never been on the wiki so this may be duplicative but should we add this as the ultimate kitten post on there? xx
It makes me so sad to think in that poor kitten's short life she was repeatedly forced to painfully walk on her paws and probably lived in fear of that massive cat leering over her while Jack just laughed and took photos. Poor thing was probably just scared and confused for every waking moment.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I honestly think the supervet would have recommended the same as other vets. But the poor thing died before she could make the appointment.
God forbid Jack actually listens to the advice of someone who can't guarantee her some cash and a TV appearance 😬 😬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I can’t help but wonder what the criteria is for getting onto SuperVet - do you need to have 3 other vets tell you to PTS before they’ll look at your application? So weird how a so called animal lover would ignore the advice of not one, not two but THREE different vets and still believe that she’s so maverick enough that a TV vet could work some magic that other vets could not.

I also wholeheartedly agree with other posters that in the photographs with the kitten, Jack looks most unwell.

• Sad
Reactions: 49
Honestly I was allready here at the time of all this but seeing this all laid out you realise how cruel she was to that poor kitten. Multiple vets telling her this and she ignores them and look what happens
Genuinely think she had no idea she was being cruel. She'd totally mythologised herself into the saviour of this kitten (like when a vet told her it would normally be euthanised at birth and she was like I know, that's why I have it). She had an idea in her head that she was the only true animal lover willing to fight for the kitten as if the vets weren't recommending euthanasia as a kindess.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.