Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re. Yesterday's chaos....maybe something has happened with Mel Donte, in the wake of LM-gate? Has she actually posted a recipe for them yet? There is very little on their instagram featuring her (the announcement, the donation of £10,000, and the prunes poll). Their Europe instagram has pretty woeful engagement and sparse posts. Maybe they thought getting Jack on board would bring about a flood of engagement and followers, and instead she has produced nothing for them and nothing has happened, and then the Linds controversy has dragged on and on? I realise it's more likely to be something Valentine's related but, the Mel Donte partnership seems such an oddly unproductive one so far.

Reactions: 28
@firestarter24 I think it's a combination of 1) lonely single Valentines Day. 2) Linda McCartney giving her a bollocking. 3) The money from Linda McCartney has finally come through (or not!) and she is no longer legally obligated to behave herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I wonder what’s happening at LM HQ! Do we think they’ll respond or just delete all the comments?

Reactions: 36
Ooh Jack will be so pissed off he’s up her vegan on a budget niche.
If you look at the IG account form Linda M, you'll see that posts about him don't attract the same criticism. Proving that (generally) it's not vegan recipes from omnivore cooks that vegans have problems with. It's Jack's treatment of animals, her vegan cosplaying and grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Re. Yesterday's chaos....maybe something has happened with Mel Donte, in the wake of LM-gate? Has she actually posted a recipe for them yet? There is very little on their instagram featuring her (the announcement, the donation of £10,000, and the prunes poll). Their Europe instagram has pretty woeful engagement and sparse posts. Maybe they thought getting Jack on board would bring about a flood of engagement and followers, and instead she has produced nothing for them and nothing has happened, and then the Linds controversy has dragged on and on? I realise it's more likely to be something Valentine's related but, the Mel Donte partnership seems such an oddly unproductive one so far.
She posted a Del Monte recipe yesterday morning, for cracked Yorkshire pudding topped with fruit cocktail. 😋

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Just when I thought I couldn’t dislike Jack any more, she’s now retconning the kitten story. She’s a dumbass because deleting tweets doesn’t delete them from the internet, the receipts are here m’duck. I hope The Viggles never let this go, she’s a liar and has gotten away with being a liar for so long it’s second nature to her. I will never, ever forgive her for the kitten. She can get to duck and I’ll keep saying that on here sporadically until she does actually get to duck. Do better Jack, be better.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
"My kitten was born with severely disabled legs, and she struggled. I did my best by her" is not a lie, but it is a bit of a weird way of putting it. It makes it sound like she had organised an adoption and then the kitten happened to be born disabled.

In reality: Jack tweeted "shall I adopt a disabled kitten?" We were all horrified here. There was even dissent among the Squiggles. She shot it down:

View attachment 437295
FYI she was possibly going through some kind of mental breakdown at the time - "shall I adopt a kitten" starts in Thread 32, aka right after the infamous Thread 31, after a recent breakup, the Mayo Palace shitshow etc. She was not in the right headspace to take on a healthy animal at that time, let alone a sick one.
Thank god we haven't heard anything more about her getting a dog.

Reactions: 42
The pictures of her at that time with the kitten make me uncomfortable because she looks so ill. Someone definitely should have stepped in.
Yes, I remember we said at the time that whoever gave the kitten to Jack was completely out of order too.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
She always seems to get away with doing the bare minimum though, doesn't she?
The Hellmans campaign was a tit show from the get go and they never mentioned her again.... But she was still paid nicely.
She seems to have started this del Monte campaign and produced nothing, yet still hints to being employed by them with small references to using their produce.
Linda m have ignored every negative comment.
Endless request by squiggles asking for advice, only to palm them off with 'give me a nudge in a few days'.
She can't even get her book in time, and still seems to be getting away with that!

If I didn't do what I was asked to do at work, I'd be given a disciplinary and HR would be involved. She just seems to move on to the next lucrative project quite easily and it pisses me right off!

Reactions: 57
She always seems to get away with doing the bare minimum though, doesn't she?
The Hellmans campaign was a tit show from the get go and they never mentioned her again.... But she was still paid nicely.
She seems to have started this del Monte campaign and produced nothing, yet still hints to being employed by them with small references to using their produce.
Linda m have ignored every negative comment.
Endless request by squiggles asking for advice, only to palm them off with 'give me a nudge in a few days'.
She can't even get her book in time, and still seems to be getting away with that!

If I didn't do what I was asked to do at work, I'd be given a disciplinary and HR would be involved. She just seems to move on to the next lucrative project quite easily and it pisses me right off!
We dont know the details of the del monte campaign. She's made a recipe (or more?) and there've been two advertorials (Express, Grazia) so far. That may well be the extent of her contract.

Reactions: 25
Oh! This was the beloved pop star collaboration she mentioned before Christmas. I said it would be Sophie Ellis-Bextor (but also said it’d be the Masked Singer so I can’t take too much credit).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
She posted a Del Monte recipe yesterday morning, for cracked Yorkshire pudding topped with fruit cocktail. 😋
Oh my god, I've never been on her website before! That's where the recipes are hiding?!?! Prawn cocktail with caramelized grapefruit?! Is she extremely low output or is my expectation of food bloggers wrong, I got to the second page and I've already hit pancake day last year (and been summarily put off pancake day this year....)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Ooh Jack will be so pissed off he’s up her vegan on a budget niche.
On a slightly different note, has anyone cooked any of MB’s recipes? I’ve heard good things about him, and, while we are standard omnivorous flexitarians here 😉, I’d like to cook a couple of vegan meals a week, but don’t really know where to start!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve not been on the website for ages as I try not to give her the clicks but I’ve just had a look; there are SO many adverts and I’ve looked 3 times but I can’t see how to get to the next page

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.