Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never!!! (number one)
Unfortunately yes - I don't have the interview link but it was in The Guardian :( used the word 'feral' to describe the kids her parents took in when she was younger. A couple of us complained to the paper, but it wasn't edited or even acknowledged!

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Unfortunately yes - I don't have the interview link but it was in The Guardian :( used the word 'feral' to describe the kids her parents took in when she was younger. A couple of us complained to the paper, but it wasn't edited or even acknowledged!
The utter bastard. That just screams of jealousy on her part.

Reactions: 27
Also, Nadiya is a TV natural - she makes it look easy. Which is why Jack thinks she can do TV, despite her complete lack of charm, warmth, work ethic and talent.
Plus she's an MBE, Jack.....

Oh, and baked the Queen's birthday cake no less. Jack can only imitate an actress playing royalty 😀.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Called some the foster children “feral” in this article from thread 135

Scroll down to the Guardian link

ETA - this pissed me off. She’s talking about children stealing food. That’s a neglected child, not a feral one. Makes me sick.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Called the foster children “feral” in this article from thread 135

Scroll down to the Guardian link

Thank you!

Reactions: 12
Actually lads, I can’t remember who complained to the Graun but I noticed this at the end of the foster kids article- can anyone find out what the caption they changed was? Did it contain the word feral? I think the canal may have made a small difference here!
BTW is totally the Graun MO to have replied to the complaints saying there was no problem, but then quietly have made a change without telling you on the day your complaint came in....
DED68FA2-37FB-4F64-9960-3C6496717C8C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Archive of original article: http://web.archive.org/web/20210116...i-just-wake-up-look-at-the-news-and-get-angry

The original quote below the main photo was: Jack Monroe: ‘I met children who were so feral and afraid, and I saw with my own eyes that, with three meals on the table and a lot of love, their shoulders went down a bit, their jaws unclenched.’

It now says: "Jack Monroe: ‘Can we not just feed the children? Why do we keep on having to come back and beg for it?’"

Feral is still used in the article.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Omg I'd rather look at tapeworms on google images 🤢

Her walking stick claims are also at odds with her pretend trips (x2) to Asda every Sunday carrying her yellow sticker food in a rucksack 😡
Didn't she turn up at court with a walking stick. Shades of that disgusting creep Harvey Weinstein. It's just a sympathy prop used by performative liars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 46
So Jack's latest insta follow is 'Pesky Fish', a fishermen's marketplace which posts photos of catches. Can't see the appeal myself of looking at dead/dying fish, but I'm sure Jack just wants to get her Omega 3!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I had a massive culture shock when I had my child because the word pram has an interchangable meaning with buggy and pushchair where I live NOW but were three separate entities where I grew up/lived THEN.
Babe, same. A pram to me is the like the traditional Silver Cross style carriage. A buggy/pushchair mean the same to me however although perhaps a pushchair is the more basic version without sunhood, footrest etc.
I do think Jack meant pram rather than buggy, coupled with the formula milk, it conveys s much younger more vulnerable SB which despicable.

So Jack's latest insta follow is 'Pesky Fish', a fishermen's marketplace which mostly posts photos of catches. Can't see the appeal myself of looking at dead/dying fish, but I'm sure she just wants to get her Omega 3!
That is too much like peeky mink for my liking 😮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Nice digging @Cunderthunt
They won’t change the use of the word as it’s a direct quote of what she said.
Well done all the bullying ninnies who stood up and complained that this is not an appropriate way to describe a neglected child.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm still impressed arthritic walking stick user Jack could lug 18 pots of paint home last year in her back pack (it was 18 wasn't it?).
And while I broadly agree with the food terminology thing, it is always a source of great joy when my OH with great relish will say for tea he fancies something like 'a dorty burger' (have to imagine the Dublin accent for this to be remotely amusing).

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Is that a smidgen of self awareness that she has repeated The Poverty so 👏 many 👏 times 👏 that politicians and everyone else who has been subjected to it just won't want to read it for the 184th time?

So Jack's latest insta follow is 'Pesky Fish', a fishermen's marketplace which posts photos of catches. Can't see the appeal myself of looking at dead/dying fish, but I'm sure Jack just wants to get her Omega 3!
After she thinks she's done enough 90% vegan cosplay for Linda McCartney's benefit, the next thing she will focus on are all those gifted fish festering away in her freezer.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Oh god please not fishebruary I hate it when she does fishy recipes, cos fish gives me the boak anyway
Eggy overcooked recycled oil fish 🤢

I noticed someone mentioned the delightful Nadiya saying her parents were “careful” with oil, Jack probably appropriated this (we know she reads every cookbook ever) and this is how we end up with milk bottle fish oil reserves

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Oh wow, just fell down the rabbit hole of thread 31.

She is all pity party and full of tit isn't she? No concise explanations of anything, snarky attitude, all woest bleeping me.

She'd make a great politician in that respect.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Oh wow, just fell down the rabbit hole of thread 31.

She is all pity party and full of tit isn't she? No concise explanations of anything, snarky attitude, all woest bleeping me.

She'd make a great politician in that respect.
31 is easy to miss amongst all the threads. I somehow skipped at boy am I glad I was pointed towards it. Her attitude just stinks.

Reactions: 31
31 is easy to miss amongst all the threads. I somehow skipped at boy am I glad I was pointed towards it. Her attitude just stinks.
I kept seeing references to it on here, so went for a nosey.

I only found this thread because I mildly disliked her from what little I knew of her, the LM fiasco happened and I stumbled across here. I honestly dislike her now.

Sorry if you are reading that I hate you, Jack, but seriously girl, you need to stop pandering to get attention and likes. You need to put yourself first, and your son (who looks adorable in some old photos I found down the rabbithole). You need prioritise the things that actually matter, the things worth investing your time in, the products and services worth buying. You've become a parody of yourself and it's making you unhappy. Stop playing the poverty card, you have more than most, and please, for the love of god, cook something that feeds your soul, something with colour, with texture! No prunes!!!

It's Valentine's day, yo! And Jack and all the Tattlers need to love ourselves today.

♥(This message was sponsored by tequila and insomnia)♥

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.