Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep on thinking of this 30 Rock clip when people commend Jack for all her hard work of which we don't really know the results. (The one were Liz Lemon brings up going on a hunger strike against apartheid in college and Tracy interrupts by saying:"Oh, you're the one who solved that? Thank you SO much!")

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
She has an entire room dedicated to her unopened post? In her tiny smol crappy bungalow?
why didn't Louisa Compton, well-paid head of Channel 4 news and former mrs J, sit down and say, come on Jack Monroe, you need to go through this post, I will help you.

Didn't she notice that there was a whole room filled with unopened letters?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Just popping my head up to say Linda McCartney would have payed at least 1.5k + expenses assuming she had done 3 recipes. And that’s the bare minimum. A friend creates recipes for various brand websites and although she did not want to say what she gets this is the minimum she gets for development and photography.

Edited- this is the bare minimum it’s more than likely higher than this.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
tit on it! That Guardian article is atrocious! "Charismatic shimmer" my arse! Admit it, Zoe, you put that in as a bet. Can't thnk of anyone I'd describe like that.

Back to last night. This felt quite sinister to me. And such a bad case of FOMO. :)

1610749408663.png

Leave George Orwell out of it! Step away, there's nothing for you here. You're not going to ruin it for me. 😝

Why do the Twitters not use ANY critical thinking? A minor issue, I know, but did no one ask who took the cat napping picture? She's such a famous "single parent" innit.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
This is why the cabal can never give up the fight! The Squiggle Army cannot be relied upon without some (slow, gentle) encouragement to see the truth about Jack. This (quite sweet) Squig wants to "f*** the corporate beasts", so he bought a couple of Jack's books from...Amazon.

1610803814999.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
Come on!
Being referred to as 'Feral' in a national paper has GOT to bring one of Jack's foster 'siblings' out into the open.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
'I just ordered a couple of your books from Amazon. F*** the big corporate beasts...'

No, sorry, my brain is just going 'But...but...but...but...' and failing to come up with anything more than an incoherent splutter.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
I've been so angry at Jack talking about looked after children in such a disgusting way to further her crappy career.
Anyway, calmer now and have emailed a complaint and asked them to remove the word feral. Acknowledged but a response can take 48 hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Sorry - was that feral comment in that recent article? Or an old one??

If that is recent, how on earth, in our super sensitive society, is THAT not being highlighted?? Awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
While I am on a grunka...I could not tell for sure but..could this be the Omega watch?
And the giblets she sold?
This is from her Insta from 2016 and 2017.
IF this is the Omega watch, she has not sold it in 2012.
The forensics on this thread are AMAZING.

She’s SUCH a bullshitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Sorry - was that feral comment in that recent article? Or an old one??

If that is recent, how on earth, in our super sensitive society, is THAT not being highlighted?? Awful.
This one from today.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Thats bleeping disgusting.

Those poor kids, and all the others in the system. As if they didnt face enough hardship, to be spoken about like that by the performative bleeping arseholes like the Hadjicostas.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
While I am on a grunka...I could not tell for sure but..could this be the Omega watch?
More excellent work from our resident detectives.

1610804479586.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
“Poverty was relatively niche”?!!! What a stunningly insulting middle class statement.

Jack’s family background sounds a lot like mine, lower middle class, not wealthy but not poor. Lots of thrift, camping holidays instead of hotels, second hand clothing and own brand food, but no hunger or hardship. Even the description of flat/small house/bigger house mirrors my childhood. Except the third house for me was a three bed semi and unless she’s trying to claim a privy in the yard and a tin bath in front of the fire the second would have been a three down two up, with the bathroom as a single story extension tacked onto the back of the kitchen.

She always had a safety net, if she had called her dad he would have stopped it all. If you have a safety net, no matter how reluctant you are to use it, you’re never really in danger.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Or she bought herself a brand spanking new one? Because she's on minimum wage and can easily afford a £5k watch?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The Guardian has become a bit like Jack herself; everyone has their own particular moment when they went, "WTF am I reading?" For me it was the grossly inaccurate coverage of the protests in Catalunya in 2019, but every other ex-Guardian reader seems to have a different watershed moment.

I used to be a fan and still glance at some sections now, but articles like this one about Jack today make me cringe myself inside out. The tone makes it so clear that she is still their smol lickle pet povvo, and always will be.
My Guardian moments, was their constant encouraging of Buy to Let, and those 'where to buy' articles in the colour supplements that used to crow over bargains to be had when buying ex-council properties.

Main paper; handwringing about no social housing for the poor, and how their children couldn't afford to get on the 'housing ladder'.

The was one jounalist , can't remember her name, but she had stupid hair, who was forever whining that she couldn't afford to buy in London, and she could never consider !loving out of London because she NEEDED to Iive in London.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Thats bleeping disgusting.

Those poor kids, and all the others in the system. As if they didnt face enough hardship, to be spoken about like that by the performative bleeping arseholes like the Hadjicostas.
Don't forget that article by her dad moaning about how he isn't paid enough for fostering and how he keeps having to replace his front door due to the kids...

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 1.41.30 pm.png

I wonder if growing up she was always told by her parents to be grateful and see how lucky she is compared to some of the kids they were fostering, that might explain why she's so desperate to be the victim in her adult life! She always talks about the foster children in a really bitter, dehumanising way.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
“Poverty was relatively niche”?!!! What a stunningly insulting middle class statement.

Jack’s family background sounds a lot like mine, lower middle class, not wealthy but not poor. Lots of thrift, camping holidays instead of hotels, second hand clothing and own brand food, but no hunger or hardship. Even the description of flat/small house/bigger house mirrors my childhood. Except the third house for me was a three bed semi and unless she’s trying to claim a privy in the yard and a tin bath in front of the fire the second would have been a three down two up, with the bathroom as a single story extension tacked onto the back of the kitchen.

She always had a safety net, if she had called her dad he would have stopped it all. If you have a safety net, no matter how reluctant you are to use it, you’re never really in danger.
She’s the ultimate poverty tourist. It really boils my piss.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.