Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack is threatening to veganise the non-Yorkies. I wonder if she knows that fruit cocktail isn't vegan?
At the point when you'll have to substitute almost every ingredient, is it even still the same recipe?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
B524C018-528C-4486-B7F3-50105761525D.jpeg

BUT- you only use this Brand because you’re being paid too surely?
Those you spout you are trying to help won’t be able to afford that brand you fekkin ARSE

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
20210214_083028.jpg

Is this not textbook data protection failure? John Smith was replying to The House guy's sharing of Jack's article. He never mentioned that he had bought anything from Jack. His account has presumably real name and real face as pics.

Jack outing him as a purchaser of slop manuals - which he has NOT mentioned - is illegal, no?

It may seem like a minor deal...but the book could have been bought as an ill-advised present. More seriously, he could have a financially abusive partner from whom he hides his purchases. Stop it, Jack!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
It's been a really interesting read on here today (apart from the anchovaries grossness).

We don't have the vaccine until late this month, I'm up after health workers and over 70s so it's been beneficial to see what I should expect.

Also we are in lockdown again because letting planeloads of international sports people into the country to whack their balls around is a great idea!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
To be fair not jack jack didn’t cook this she asked if any vegans had cooked this “tik tok” craze and if so what “cheeze”. Also I think they are olives not beans. Plus...clean hands 😂😜
There's a 16yr old German vegan on IG @fitgreenmind who did a version. Her page is very nice and her recipes look great (and I'm not even vegan)

Reactions: 20
"Ovaries and anchovies live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my Cotswold sideboard, oh Lord..."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Jack is threatening to veganise the non-Yorkies. I wonder if she knows that fruit cocktail isn't vegan?
At the point when you'll have to substitute almost every ingredient, is it even still the same recipe?
The fruit cocktail is vegan.

Screenshot_20210214-075916_Tesco Groceries.jpg

A direct lift. The bit about haughty comments not being sent to her agent is a bit odd isn't it?
WTF? So profesh.

View attachment 435455

Is this not textbook data protection failure? John Smith was replying to The House guy's sharing of Jack's article. He never mentioned that he had bought anything from Jack. His account has presumably real name and real face as pics.

Jack outing him as a purchaser of slop manuals - which he has NOT mentioned - is illegal, no?

It may seem like a minor deal...but the book could have been bought as an ill-advised present. More seriously, he could have a financially abusive partner from whom he hides his purchases. Stop it, Jack!
Well spotted. It really winds me up when people are so careless with other people's personal information. It may seem harmless, but it shows her complete lack of understanding around this issue.

Reactions: 45
It's been a really interesting read on here today (apart from the anchovaries grossness).

We don't have the vaccine until late this month, I'm up after health workers and over 70s so it's been beneficial to see what I should expect.

Also we are in lockdown again because letting planeloads of international sports people into the country to whack their balls around is a great idea!
I did wonder which state you were in, but didn't want to seem stalkerish! My sister is down your end too, and I really feel for you guys, with one lockdown after another.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The fruit cocktail is vegan.

View attachment 435469

WTF? So profesh.

Well spotted. It really winds me up when people are so careless with other people's personal information. It may seem harmless, but it shows her complete lack of understanding around this issue.
I had assumed that the fruit cocktail was vegetarian and vegan too but there's a site where you can check values for commercial use and apparently it's not.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I did wonder which state you were in, but didn't want to seem stalkerish! My sister is down your end too, and I really feel for you guys, with one lockdown after another.
My biggest peeve is Kmart closing, lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Please don’t call my agent because I don’t want them to find out about my nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I had assumed that the fruit cocktail was vegetarian and vegan too but there's a site where you can check values for commercial use and apparently it's not.
From that table it isn't suitable for lactose intolerant people either.

So, vegan lactose intolerant Jack has produced a recipe that she can't eat. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
She must be watching Eastenders with Louisa Compton - like the good old days. The greatest love story ever told.

View attachment 435222

(once more, sorry)
This post always kills me, never talks about her private life <stop sniggering at the back you lot> and took Louisa to The Harvester where they snaffled the Salad bar and Jack didn’t have to cook.

Those caterers dodged a bullet for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
So Jack has given up writing about food in sexual terms.

Is this a New Year's resolution then? From November:

I had read about them with fascination in various novels, usually set in the American South or housewifely suburbs, passed around as canapes at fictitious afternoon parties by women who lived the kind of lives I could scarcely imagine, peppered with scandal and boredom, kitten heels and daytime martinis. Devilled eggs represented, to me, something otherworldly, something aspirational, something bordering on the celestially obscene.
Should you need any further convincing, I made these three times in the same single week, once at 1am, carrying a plate of half a dozen stil-warm heaped-high halves to bed to devour beneath my duvet with my fingers

Oh no, as I was digging out this horror I saw she's just posted a new Valentine's Del Monte recipe. Because nothing says "I love you" like tinned fruit cocktail.
Eating sticky eggs under the duvet?
No.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
I'm inclined to believe the ingredient list on the tin, as a company really can't lie about what's in it.
E127 is vegan, fruit is vegan, citric acid is vegan.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.