Jack Monroe #148 Ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NO, NO, NO, NO JACK, KEEP OUT OF MY NICHE.

She can sod off, I love bridges and bridge construction. I am a true "Big Ole Bridge Enthusiast" and have been since I was a little lad, not after an hour looking at pictures. Jack, looking at pictures for just one hour on the internet does not make you an enthusiast. She is not going to spoil that for me. She had better keep her mitts off high rise building construction too.

Who was it on here this morning saying she is trolling me? I am lost for words (for once)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Who is her target audience with the bridge chat? Why isn’t she writing her tit book? This is even worse than the naked snow chat from yesterday. Does she understand that her agent/ employers/ clients can see this omg.
She doesn’t care

Reactions: 18
I have lurked on and off for a long time. Came to tattle for the Part Time Working Mummy shitshow and one day happened to see Jack Monroe on the home page. Was a bit aghast that she'd done anything wrong. Then furious with myself for having bought it all 😂 the pandemic has been... well, it's been for me. I dipped in and out when I was able to but am recently feeling a bit better so have felt able to contribute a bit now. Feel like I know everyone even though I haven't been around, such a weird feeling!

The thing i find so dangerous with Jack is that she seems to be a self proclaimed expert on whatever she experiences. I wouldn't ever use one of her recipes and wouldn't trust what she has to say on food at all. Yet people will blindly trust her.

She has made herself an "expert" on alcoholism, cladding, the fire service, single parenting, ADHD, arthritis, being poor. And because she is seen to be (somehow) a credible food writer, squigs will blindly trust her on other stuff. If we ignore the validity concerns about many all of those issues, those experiences are valid but experiencing them doesn't make you an expert. It doesn't make you the sole person able to be spokesperson for those groups of people. Even if people share common experiences or diagnoses, PEOPLE ARE DIVERSE AND NOTHING IS EVER A "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" SOLUTION. I think i could get more on board with the tit she spouts if she didn't always act like she's pulled the answer for everyone's problems single handedly out of nowhere for the good of everyone else.

No, Jack, you've found what works for you and that's great (except you didn't really need a solution...). You just can't help but being everyone's saviour, can you?

ETA - or you've decided what works for you dependent on what you're being paid to promote. And exploiting the "comrades" you claim to be fighting for in the process.

Don't even get me started on the 👨🏻‍🦼 I can't rant or 🔺️ but bleeping HELL YOU DIRTY TEASPOON

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85

She can sod off, I love bridges and bridge construction. I am a true "Big Ole Bridge Enthusiast" and have been since I was a little lad, not after an hour looking at pictures. Jack, looking at pictures for just one hour on the internet does not make you an enthusiast. She is not going to spoil that for me. She had better keep her mitts off high rise building construction too.

Who was it on here this morning saying she is trolling me? I am lost for words (for once)
This is how I felt when she went through her cold water phase yesterday! I have genuinely been a chill swimmer/cold water enthusiast for years! She needs to get her own interests - maybe she could get into cooking or something??

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Babe same x
Let me join you in defending that niche, I’m genuinely interested in bridges too. For me it comes from an angle of being interested in public transport and stations (I know this all sounds very accidental Partridge but I don’t care). Anyway, she‘s adding insult to injury for me by specificly mentioning the Forth bridge, like @Veronicaaa said, we’ve already cancelled her!

573F72D7-15A2-4A73-99C2-BAEF0B1DCF57.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
She’s soooo basic. Defo alone at the crappy bungalow.
I hope @MancBee is ok, just breathe through it and pray to St Marie of Kondo. Soon enough, like free school meals, tanks, thunderclapforcarers and thrifty shades of beige patreon rewards, Jack will have forgotten all about bridges.

We can put a poll up when we start a new thread, well someone else can, I thought about it but I find thread starting mildly traumatic. We could do something basic like what continent are you on? I know we have some UAE, USA, Canadian and Australia Frauen?

Over on food and drink there has been some sheep activity for those who need to read some non-Jack chaos free, life affirming stuff.
🥕

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Hey guys, ya like bridges? Let's talk about bridges. What do you mean I've got a book due

What the duck is she on about? Bridges? She really needs some help now, that is bleeping ridiculous. Seriously. If this as easy as it gets to grift a living, then please be sending me some cash so I don’t have to go back to work on Monday. I’ve had 2 weeks off, because of severe hypertension and fatigue- yeah, yeah, it’s come back down to an average of 114/86 but come on guys, send me money so it doesn’t go back up. (JOKE - DO NOT SEND ANYTHING)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I always want to react to @Silver Linings' screengrabs because I respect the work our pirate pal is doing for Vlad and the cabal.

But bridges? Normally I'm clamouring for an eyeroll react, but today what Tattle needs is a face of total indifference.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Looked around for her Tumblr, and found this article from the Evening Standard in her likes. Had anyone else seen this? (apologies if the text is too small to read)
tumblr_nxwtjrHiQV1qbaer4o2_1280.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Well whoever squiggle is, they don't know where they are. That is Detroit rail bridge, moved from it's original location to another part of Salford Quays to be used as a footbridge over Dock 9. This area is residential and nothing to do with Media City. Media City is on Dock 10, a separate part of Salford Quays. Lovely in the daytime, I wouldn't go near it at night.

If she was wandering around that area late at night on her own, I am surprised she wasn't mugged. The area is nice and full of expensive apartments, but that particular bride is a notorious gathering spot for gangs from the adjacent Ordsall Estate. Not "a bit rowdy teenagers" gangs, drug running, gun carrying, knife wielding gangs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
Aaaah she’s just rereleased salad bag pesto and now rebadged as vegan, I know I’m procrastinating but give me strength

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Is anyone else laughing at all of these vegan posts the last few days? It's so pathetic 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Well whoever squiggle is, they don't know where they are. That is Detroit rail bridge, moved from it's original location to another part of Salford Quays to be used as a footbridge over Dock 9. This area is residential and nothing to do with Media City. Media City is on Dock 10, a separate part of Salford Quays. Lovely in the daytime, I wouldn't go near it at night.

If she was wandering around that area late at night on her own, I am surprised she wasn't mugged. The area is nice and full of expensive apartments, but that particular bride is a notorious gathering spot for gangs from the adjacent Ordsall Estate. Not "a bit rowdy teenagers" gangs, drug running, gun carrying, knife wielding gangs.
Who would dare attempt to mug our favourite shin kicking, stab vest wearing, knife wielding, bodybuilding smol pixie? She'd just pick them up like a sideboard/antique armchair and chuck them in t'canal.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.