Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever told her that the story books you read as a child ie Matilda, George marvelous medicine and the fantastic five are not real. Sorry pet but like Santa these stories are fictious. Teachers are not allowed to go to a child's house it's breaks all sorts of child protection issues. ( I have family members who work as teachers) perhaps in lockdown teachers would maybe drop a worksheet through if the child could not access the school programme but normally that is done my a member of the admin team.

Louder for those at the back please

BOLLOCKS!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
But of course she uses Pythagoras’ Theorem daily! Don’t we all? How else do you calculate where exactly to place the step ladder to reach the top shelf of the Smeg.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I've been thinking about the Pythagoras thing and I've concluded it's got something to do with wedging as much furniture into the crappy bungalow as mathematically possible.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
NGL would love to be a bar of soap on the crappy bungalows step if Miss Tutelage was dropping the imaginary books off to SB.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Jesus, I've just read that tweet thread about the teacher coming round 'and I said I couldn't give a tit about fronted adverbials' i.e. THE WORK HER CHILD IS SUPPOSE TO BE COMPLETING.

That must have been so heartwarming for the (probably fictional) teacher who gave up their time to go round in the middle of a pandemic in wintertime.

I really feeling like having a crate of wine delivered to the staff at her child's primary for all the tit they no doubt take from her. What an absolute bleep she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
The teachers at my school are busy trying not to die of Covid. We’re open but (literally) hundreds of kids are online for having covid/ being in quarantine/ shielding. We don’t drop things to them, they have to manage without or download something.

I’m on a Reddit sub for teachers. In the US some of the teachers are basically pressured into doing visits to doorsteps, dropping off Pinterest nonsense, having school parades of cars. It sounds stressful and nuts.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I've been thinking about the Pythagoras thing and I've concluded it's got something to do with wedging as much furniture into the crappy bungalow as mathematically possible.
hmm this is a convincing theory - especially given that based on the amount of crap she has in her home, i'd imagine that new furniture being introduced averages out at around 1 furniture per day

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I actually needed to use pythagoras the other day, for the first time in my non-school life (30+ years!). I needed it work work out the size of a flat pack corner desk. The website only gave the short edges and I needed to know the hypotenuse (or hipotoniws as it was when you went to a Welsh language comp)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Maybe she needs it for all of the Cotswold sideboards? This would explain a LOT.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Why would a teacher be taking time out of their day to drop round books like she’s royalty? All of the homeschooling is online - if anything the teacher would be advising of further online reading / activities wouldn’t they?
This visit might actually be true. My daughter-in-law is a head of year, and her school are doing some doorstep visits where they have concerns about specific children - kids doing too much work all the time can be a bit of a red flag indicating they or their parents are a little over anxious and a visit or phone call is designed to offer some reassurance and check out all is ok at home.
I’m NOT saying this is the case here - it might just be the school has scheduled rolling visits to all its pupils or Jack is indeed fibbing.
And I just want to add most schools and teachers are doing a fantastic job during lockdown - very largely ignored by MSM.

Edit - added ‘or Jack is indeed fibbing’ - superfluous comment but always necessary!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.