Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for all the “kickyball” references, but I just can’t get over the fact that Jack’s deadline day has fallen on the Premier League Transfer Deadline Day. @Jumpingbeansterrapin I don’t think she’s handed it in yet.

I can just picture a live reporter outside the crappy bungalow, updating Jim White back in the studio. At the very last minute, 22:59, Rosemary the long suffering agent pulls up in a car, as Jack scampers down the driveway, post-its flying everywhere, to hand over the manuscript. Back in the studio, Jim White is losing his tit while Big Ben chimes in the background.
Do you remember the now infamous scene outside Everton’s training ground a few years back? A good use for the contents of her drawers.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Do you remember the now infamous scene outside Everton’s training ground a few years back? A good use for the contents of her drawers.....
No, tell us more....

(I don't pay much attention to English or other furrin football. 😉)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
These are all full on insane. None of the conversations happened. There isn't a nursery worker in the land who would find it remarkable that a boy wants to dress up as a princess, primary school kids do not talk about adult genitals, no one on a train gives a tit about a parent citing UNICEF numbers to their child. She's a fantasist.

I realise this take is just as hot as cladding. I'm sorry.
Omg that 'Say my Name' one. Poor little boy. He calls her Melissa and they both 'cry hard' and he is ashamed. She then says 'I forgave him'. The child is 5. She is showing him dead naming is trolling. The child is 5. Imagine even saying of your 5 year old 'I forgave him' as if it was bleeping optional and she is so magnanimous.
Those columns really show her up for the self absorbed, tedious and quite unpleasant individual she really is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 103
Morning, I agree that the parenting stuff is the hardest to read in the Diva archive. Poor SB. I also agree with everyone saying Jack looks happy with Allegra... far too soon to move a child in with a new family though omg. I also think it's possible she bought the Southend flat and rents it, but maybe unlikely due to the amount of admin involved with a house purchase and managing a rental (also, surely this would be much closer to THE POVERTY, which caused the debts that prevent mortgages??)

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Omg that 'Say my Name' one. Poor little boy. He calls her Melissa and they both 'cry hard' and he is ashamed. She then says 'I forgave him'. The child is 5. She is showing him dead naming is trolling. The child is 5. Imagine even saying of your 5 year old 'I forgave him' as if it was bleeping optional and she is so magnanimous.
Those columns really show her up for the self absorbed, tedious and quite unpleasant individual she really is.
What is worse, I don’t think this happened. There will have been a comment, i.e the grain of truth. Then it’s embellished.
Despicable behaviour. Doesn’t she realise that this is out there forever ?

Morning, I agree that the parenting stuff is the hardest to read in the Diva archive. Poor SB. I also agree with everyone saying Jack looks happy with Allegra... far too soon to move a child in with a new family though omg. I also think it's possible she bought the Southend flat and rents it, but maybe unlikely due to the amount of admin involved with a house purchase and managing a rental (also, surely this would be much closer to THE POVERTY, which caused the debts that prevent mortgages??)
Morning ! I don’t think she bought a flat, the deposit was for the rental and she would have lost it if she didn’t move in. Maybe, I’m not sure.Besides, even if she did her dad could manage it for her. Personally I think it’s reckless to move in so quickly. After a day ? 😮 uproot a small child to live with people he barely knows ? Sheesh.

Just to add, it takes two to tango and Allegra facilitated it. Jack can’t do anything without someone allowing her to.
🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Something interesting in that article - she tells her son that Uncle Yannis was called David when he was born (and Tombo had a different name too, whoever Tombo is. Adopted brother, friend?) so his name was changed from the same as their father's to something much more obviously Greek. Nothing to say whether the parents or her brother changed it, nor when it was changed. From comments on one of their father's interviews, it would seem that he sometimes also goes by Daniel; someone pointed out that he had forgotten to list Daniel amongst his children, and someone else said that Daniel was the same person as Yannis. According to Google, Yannis is the Greek for John so who the hell knows where Daniel comes in... 😕. The only Yannis I know goes by Yanni.

Anyway, with all that name changing going on, I really don't see why the family couldn't cope with Melissa becoming Jack after the David/Yannis/Daniel show, though it's interesting that her father first calls her Melissa, afterwards clarifying as Jack, when he lists his children.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Oh get a dictionary FFS!

It’s tradition to be named after your grandparent so her brother was most likely named after the grandad, they might have originally planned not to and then changed their mind 🤷🏼‍♀️Or something. I’d have though going through life in sarfend being called Yiannis Hadjicostas would have been somewhat taxing, having a first and last “ethnic” name.

Reactions: 23
Omg I actually read a few of those parenting articles. They’re like terrible amateur writing class pieces by someone who has never met a child.
Also I know loads of people whose small boys have put on dresses and make up and even in my daughters NE industrial town non-woke nursery they had boys putting on princess dresses. It’s not that unusual.
I had a friend who is neither a lesbian or identifies as anything other than a woman, but she is cheap, she’s being going to barbers for over 30 years as she has very short hair. Sometimes they refuse and sometimes they don’t.
She’s such a teenager.
She thinks she invented the world. What she going to do when she has an actual teenager to deal with...
Years ago I went to the barbers, I have waist length hair, much cheaper to have my ends trimmed, hair dressers are shocking

Reactions: 19
Sorry for all the “kickyball” references, but I just can’t get over the fact that Jack’s deadline day has fallen on the Premier League Transfer Deadline Day. @Jumpingbeansterrapin I don’t think she’s handed it in yet.

I can just picture a live reporter outside the crappy bungalow, updating Jim White back in the studio. At the very last minute, 22:59, Rosemary the long suffering agent pulls up in a car, as Jack scampers down the driveway, post-its flying everywhere, to hand over the manuscript. Back in the studio, Jim White is losing his tit while Big Ben chimes in the background.
Completely off topic but I absolutely love Jim White 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
But belligerent means hostile and aggressive, so how is that anything to do with contentment? She really does use words out of context and meaning.

She had me doubting my own understanding of the meaning of the word, so much so I had to check. She is even gaslighting us on our vocabulary!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I tried to make the barbers cut my kids hair once when they were small, they both have long blonde hair. The barber told me to duck off said they don't do girls. I was disappointed because it cost two pounds or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
But belligerent means hostile and aggressive, so how is that anything to do with contentment? She really does use words out of context and meaning.

She had me doubting my own understanding of the meaning of the word, so much so I had to check. She is even gaslighting us on our vocabulary!
Her use of the English language is appalling , calls herself a writer 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh get a dictionary FFS!

It’s tradition to be named after your grandparent so her brother was most likely named after the grandad, they might have originally planned not to and then changed their mind 🤷🏼‍♀️Or something. I’d have though going through life in sarfend being called Yiannis Hadjicostas would have been somewhat taxing, having a first and last “ethnic” name.
I don't know if it is because I grew up in a big port city, but even back in the 60's foreign sounding names were fairly common.

Was Southend 40 years later that far behind? Jack paints a picture of a town stuck in some sort of 1950's time warp.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh get a dictionary FFS!

According to his obituary, the granddad went by John though probably originally Yannis. All very English names - wife Joan, children John, Peter, David and Joanne. An interesting decision to change grandson David to Yannis when the original Yannis anglicised it. My point was that name changes don't seem to be unusual in the family, Jack just makes a big thing of it.

Years ago I went to the barbers, I have waist length hair, much cheaper to have my ends trimmed, hair dressers are shocking
I've waist length hair too; I do the ends and fringe myself. I only go to get it evened up thoroughly every two or three years 😁

Reactions: 20
I don't know if it is because I grew up in a big port city, but even back in the 60's foreign sounding names were fairly common.

Was Southend 40 years later that far behind? Jack paints a picture of a town stuck in some sort of 1950's time warp.
According to Jack, it still is!
I was reflecting that Jack had said it was hard growing up with the surname, which it may have been at times, but not half as hard as for her brother.
Her first name was technically Greek but is so popular in the west that I doubt it registers.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.