Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I am assuming ig viewers either aren’t up to date or don’t show everything? Also is advices a word? 🤔

Reactions: 8
If you were genuinely poor, of course you would take the money from brands. But then when a charity asked you if they could use your recipes for free, you wouldn't ask them to link to your website so you would get ad fees saying 'sorry no I worked hard on these'.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
This “I give so much to charity” is classic narc “pay attention to what I say, not what you see”

I can’t see any recent Mel Donte viggle scrum

Reactions: 41
If you were genuinely poor, of course you would take the money from brands. But then when a charity asked you if they could use your recipes for free, you wouldn't ask them to link to your website so you would get ad fees saying 'sorry no I worked hard on these'.
I think it’s more “if you were genuinely helping The Poors” - which is why Jacky is such a tit show, because the only “Poor” she’s helping is herself. IMO she’s totally incapable of doing anything else.

Reactions: 22
Screenshot_20210128-192734~2.png

Scottish Jack is most definitely my least favourite.

I've been to England twice, possibly three times. That does not make it my second home (even though it was very nice)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Now that she's moved on from talking about how she RENTS to not being able to afford a mortgage, the next stage will be when she gets a house, she's going to be pretending she has an enormous mortgage 95% the value of her Forever Home, with massive interest that she can barely pay.

Reactions: 45
I don't have a favourite Jack lie as they are all awful about some are clearly worse than others. One of my favourite Jack incarnations was when a Tattler many threads ago did a brilliant edit of the famous Downfall scene with Jack as Hitler 🤣 We need to find that and show our new members.
Also the last thread was locked before I could reply but what @Nottonightbabe said made me think of Tamatoa. He also lugs about high end tat which prevents him from obtaining a mortgage. Please someone edit Jack's face onto his.
View attachment 407453

View attachment 407465

Here's the Hitler video! Made by @TurnedUpInTipp ☺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I think it’s more “if you were genuinely helping The Poors” - which is why Jacky is such a tit show, because the only “Poor” she’s helping is herself. IMO she’s totally incapable of doing anything else.
I guess what I meant is, nobody would begrudge her getting money from brands if she was actually poor. She isn't and now she's suggesting everything she does she does for charities.

But then when a charity reaches out, she wouldn't give up recipes for free, she has to line her pockets first......

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I have to say, main viggle is astonishing. Super smart, articulate, her food looks mostly amazing and then sometimes totally beige which is exactly the honesty I’m here for on socials. Reality not unachievable perfection.

Genuinely, a great person to have uncovered Jack’s porkies (har har) and be airing them in public.

(To clarify: not me. I’m having a paprika-laced sausage stew and buttery af mash for me tea [apologies, le veegs]. Just genuine effusive praise).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
You know all this talk about how she's doing work on behalf of the poor (or asking companies/corporations to donate on her behalf) is reminding me a little of bob geldolf?
Remember his moment on live aid when he banged on the table and shouted just give us your bleeping money?
Or else we would be complicit in the starvation of children?
Nevermind that charities from what i can make out have huge overheads spend lots on promotion/publicity and personnel and really very little goes to the actual people that need it?
So all this vacuous virtue signalling about i'm doing it for charity mate (smashy and nicey anyone? ):D is if i'm being cynical a bit of a hollow gesture because really most of it goes into the pockets of the already rich?
(I read quite a lot on the tattle gossip thread r.e Bob geldolf staying in five star hotels in africa and getting very well paid for example)
Also i'm sure that especially for the larger charities the bosses and executives get paid rather handsomely?
Then there are the rumours of bribes and corruption and for a recent example oxfam and the sexual exploitation that went on in haiti?
So just because jack makes a big deal about her charitable work doesn't mean that she is selfless or not getting well paid hell it does not mean that its even altruistic?
All she is really saying is yet again look at me how virtuous i am?
That in itself rings alarm bells for me because if you really did it from the right intention you would not need to shout it from the rooftops right? (Why be so defensive?)
Virtue being its own reward and all that?
Screenshot_20210128-193111.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I completely agree with the viggles, especially about the vegan tip.

If a non-vegan wants to give a Veganuary tip, it should be a practical cooking tip.

Coming from a non-vegan her tip to "forgive yourself" (or be kind to yourself or whatever it was) seems really offensive. It's like she's saying that committed vegans are being hard on themselves, and sort of implies that we're judgmental or self-punishing. Also, it implies that new vegans should loosen up on their commitment, and that dedication is, at best, useless, and at worst, detrimental. Basically there are a whole load of negative connotations against veganism in what she said. It's really not her place to be giving advice like that.

And her saying if you make a mistake, pick up where you left off would be sound if it came from a vegan, but from her it's just like, how would you even know?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Now that she's moved on from talking about how she RENTS to not being able to afford a mortgage, the next stage will be when she gets a house, she's going to be pretending she has an enormous mortgage 95% the value of her Forever Home, with massive interest that she can barely pay.
Prediction: Location Location Location Jack is going to be the worst Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I have to say, main viggle is astonishing. Super smart, articulate, her food looks mostly amazing and then sometimes totally beige which is exactly the honesty I’m here for on socials. Reality not unachievable perfection.

Genuinely, a great person to have uncovered Jack’s porkies (har har) and be airing them in public.

(To clarify: not me. I’m having a paprika-laced sausage stew and buttery af mash for me tea [apologies, le veegs]. Just genuine effusive praise).
I had a nose at her account earlier and was left quite impressed with what I read. She puts her points across in a fair and balanced way and is welcoming to those at different stages in their journey towards veganism. Which I like a lot.
(Not me either, I just had a burger.)

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Just running in from work to make sure that I don’t miss the #Thunderclap for my colleagues in the NHS who are overworked and underpaid. I am very fortunate to be in a position where I’m paid well, but I know that is not the case for a large proportion of the NHS workforce. I’m sure that Jack will recognise this and amplify their voices...or perhaps not.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.