Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my favourite video from the comic phase was the marrow dish, featuring what feels like ten excruciating years of watching her try to shake a couple of cherry tomatoes off a wooden board. Will she or won't she? Hitchcock could have learned a thing or two from Jack about creating cinematic suspense

the video starts right at the good bit

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Does anyone keep getting adverts pop up between pages?

Stop trying to sell me Nike trainers that look like they're covered in poo please.
I keep getting whole page ads for some British Business awards. Still giggling here that angry vegans have cost Jack a paid gig. No Glasto either this year (not that she got asked back anyway).

• Heart
Reactions: 27
my favourite video from the comic phase was the marrow dish, featuring what feels like ten excruciating years of watching her try to shake a couple of cherry tomatoes off a wooden board. Will she or won't she? Hitchcock could have learned a thing or two from Jack about creating cinematic suspense

duck me Blurst, I've just realised what those two jerks towards the tomatoes clinging on for dear life are.

It's Jack pushing them in. With her nose.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

I forgot how good these videos were 🤣 Guessing what ingredients are used is, after all, the key thing to cookery videos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Much happier times for SB
I hope he has a very happy life. I am sure he is deeply loved by his family.

Pure speculation of course but this article gives me bad vibes. SB is criticised in it and his mum leaps to his defence (good that she defends him but sad that the other person is getting a dig in, I just find that unacceptable, but maybe I am over sensitive). Body language in the photo is off too IMO.

• Sad
Reactions: 25

Omg I hadn’t watched that one the first time around 😂 there are 5 key take away points here;
1. She can’t get tomatoes off of a chopping board for about thirty seconds of insanity.
2. The ‘recipe’ is not an anything
3. The ‘recipe’ is not cooked properly, in spite of not being an anything.
4. She doesn’t show the finished dish
5. She does show her cartoon self washing up
She is deluded and extremely weird. Who watched this and thought to themselves, “oh that was great, not a waste of time at all!”?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
It’s all so perfomative with Jack; a bit Marie Antoinette if that makes sense.
That thrifty tit she was doing was vile, bathing in table salt? duck off🙄. As if she’s using that for herself. She’ll be enjoying a bit of Jo Malone while the plebs duck up their skin.
She’s such a Tory.
I couldn’t even watch the kitten video. Her sex face 🤮.She’s sooo thirsty 🤣
Really she should be prosecuted for animal cruelty but for some reason she’s Teflon.
I so want from gory details about her from someone who knows her 🧐.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I hope none. He’s lived with 3 other parent figures with her (one with his dad). It’s not healthy. I always said if something happened to Prince Lumpy there’s no way I would move someone else in, if I did it would be years down the line.
There was an interview in a newspaper where Jack explained about coming out as transgender to SB. In it, Jack said they were the only stable thing in their son's life as they'd moved 18 times. This was back in, 2016/7? How many times have they moved since then? How many times has she backpedalled or changed how they present themselves? I understand if Jack is still coming to terms with who they and how they want to present, but the instability of moving in with Jack's partners and moving out again can't be good for the kid.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

For a so called cook, and one that wanted a career as a TV cook, she has no knife or vegetable peeling skills. The way she holds that veg peeler is so cack handed, as for the way she wields that knife 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

WTAF have I just watched? So we have 90 seconds of Jack trying to tip veg into a frying pan, cooking the veg off in a super limited time so it's still raw, and then dumping in a load of passata. Followed by 90 SECONDS OF WASHING UP WITH THE BACK TO THE CAMERA...

I make videos in my professional capacity - I am speechless how she can think this should have been put on the tube of you...well I guess I know why (she has zero professional standards / capability whatsoever)...

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I hope he has a very happy life. I am sure he is deeply loved by his family.

Pure speculation of course but this article gives me bad vibes. SB is criticised in it and his mum leaps to his defence (good that she defends him but sad that the other person is getting a dig in, I just find that unacceptable, but maybe I am over sensitive). Body language in the photo is off too IMO.
I’d think that but Allegra criticises her own daughter too so it seems equal. I also think it sounds like the kids were pretty close so it must have been a hell of a wrench for both of them when it ended.

The photo is really awkward though, I’m assuming Allegra didn’t want her daughters face shown and that’s why the pan thing is happening but they could have got around it in a much better way and they all just look so stiff.

I can't believe she's posted that kitten video again. I'll happily watch the most cringeworthy on-camera appearances she can muster but I draw a hard line at animal exploitation. Not sure how she thinks that's going to help her with the furious vegan horde either. The fact that Linda McCartney (the company, not the person, she's too dusty to reply) haven't responded or only offered stock vague replies is disappointing from such an established brand.

It also upsets me to think of the non-binary/trans community. She dips in and out of it at will and is inevitably going to drop it again when she invents her next hashtag and I find her reductive views and flip-flopping insulting and harmful. I think people ought to be allowed to define and present themselves however they feel most comfortable and it's perfectly fine to change your mind as you come to terms with and work out who you are but she's turned it into a revolving door of identities over the last few years. She just wants to insert herself into every minority so she can cry discrimination whenever she's criticised.

This post was too serious, I'm going to take a nice relaxing bath. I've had six packets of salted peanuts soaking in it since lunchtime.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I can't believe she's posted that kitten video again. I'll happily watch the most cringeworthy on-camera appearances she can muster but I draw a hard line at animal exploitation. Not sure how she thinks that's going to help her with the furious vegan horde either. The fact that Linda McCartney (the company, not the person, she's too dusty to reply) haven't responded or only offered stock vague replies is disappointing from such an established brand.

It also upsets me to think of the non-binary/trans community. She dips in and out of it at will and is inevitably going to drop it again when she invents her next hashtag and I find her reductive views and flip-flopping insulting and harmful. I think people ought to be allowed to define and present themselves however they feel most comfortable and it's perfectly fine to change your mind as you come to terms with and work out who you are but she's turned it into a revolving door of identities over the last few years. She just wants to insert herself into every minority so she can cry discrimination whenever she's criticised.

This post was too serious, I'm going to take a nice relaxing bath. I've had six packets of salted peanuts soaking in it since lunchtime.
@traumatised sideboard So you’ll have dinner and lovely soft skin, what more could a Sideboard ask for... 😆❤

• Haha

Much happier times for SB
From the article...

Jack I don’t exactly set a good example. I got over the whole British eating-with-hands phobia very quickly when I was working with Oxfam in Tanzania.

How long was she there to pick up the Tanzanian way of eating? She makes it sound like she was working out there working for months, not a few days on a white saviour photoshoot.

My nephew and wife, went out to Tanzania and Kenya volunteer working with children with HIV. They were there for almost 2 years. Guess what? When they got home they ate with cutlery, because even in African countries, western volunteers have knives and forks.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 75

‘The good bit’ 😂
Those two tomatoes are my spirit animal.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.