Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why on earth does she think that a cable knit jumper, collared shirt and chinos is a masculine aesthetic. It's what every preppy (and wannabe preppy) girl wore in America in the eighties to nineties! She is so focussed on stereotypes. #ladydoctor

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Why on earth does she think that a cable knit jumper, collared shirt and chinos is a masculine aesthetic. It's what every preppy (and wannabe preppy) girl wore in America in the eighties to nineties! She is so focussed on stereotypes. #ladydoctor
Maybe she thinks the stains down the front make it masculine?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Don't forget crazy-eyed, ultra-feminine, lipstick and lilac wig Jack. IMHO she was totally cosplaying whatever she thinks would appeal to a non binary zoom group.
Why would a Lady Doctor prescribe that red lipstick as a cure for an "ouchy mouth" to a non binary person that had a masculine leaning aesthetic? Surely someone that feels more comfortable with a masculine image would feel worse if they looked in a mirror and saw a feminine face looking back at them.

Make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
She is a wheeze - "coaxed out of hiding" 😀
In reality she was in those starting blocks for weeks, ready to sprint out shouting, "Me, me! It's all about me!"

DE4C10F5-C57D-4ADC-A723-1A6E0FDC8376.jpg

Is that a jar of dead moths behind her shoulder?

Screenshot_20210126-180334__01.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I am willing to join you both on the hill. I had nice space robots Christmas baubles this year. Proper boxy robots not stupid smol prick bots.
My flatmate has a boxy robot ornament with a glitter globe around its head. I adore it.

Edit: think it's this red fella here.

preview_robot-snow-globe.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
She is a wheeze - "coaxed out of hiding" 😀
In reality she was in those starting blocks for weeks, ready to sprint out shouting, "Me, me! It's all about me!"

View attachment 404144

Is that a jar of dead moths behind her shoulder?

View attachment 404151
Matt's wife currently having to coax him down from hiding on top of the wardrobe, using some nice colourful food with texture, and repeated assurances that she would never let the BBC make him work with THAT WOMAN again

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Has the strawberry mug with the rosemary in been moved from the windowsill to the countertop next to the toaster!?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Lolz. Just read the fantastic Jonathan Nunn piece on the changing landscape for restaurants due to the ubiquity of food delivery services in the pandemic and:

F5A4912E-7222-4B07-8872-082E3E67069A.jpeg

I know we’ve talked about him before but he really is such a good food writer: someone who loves and lives for food. She-who-does-not-need-to-be-named here can’t even dream of being a quarter as good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
You uncle who has loud opinions near the pub fruit machine.

What actual planet is she actually on.

How long does it take her to come up with these observations about herself?

Is she pleased with herself when she comes up with one?

She reminds me a bit of Begbie here. Is that what she means when she talks about an uncle who has loud opinions?

1611687589837.png

Obviously Jack does not have a moustache, and Begbie does not wear glasses.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Oooooh another over 40k follower vegan account has weighed in on the sausage abomination on Linda McCartney insta, and even better, Jack follows the account 😲

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
I can’t* believe she didn’t even bother to check any emails from the organisation. If I’m reading this correctly she missed the emails as her inbox is “swamped“. The organisers must have been tearing their hair out, they wouldn’t have known if she was going to show up until the moment she logged in.
*I can

Also, add me to the list of robot fans, and not the ”smol” ones. I’ve 📐read every Asimov robot story I can get my hands on!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Bahahahahaha coaxed out of hiding!

From the woman who likes every single tweet saying she should be on TV 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Maybe I am just out of touch.

A woman I've worked with for 12 years, has recently added her preferred pronouns to her email signature. (She/her surprisingly enough) She's in her 40's, dresses quite old fashioned (skirts and cardies and sensible shoes from M&S) and is married to a bloke from IT.

I dont get it.
I think one of the main reasons for doing this is opening the discussion on preferred pronouns and making others feel comfortable about asserting what pronouns they prefer. It can be done as an ally and might encourage someone who is more reluctant to come forward approach this person as a safe contact to start coming out.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She refers often to people making derogatory comments about her appearance.

But....but..... she's the only person who ever mentions it!

Fud

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.