Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
She doesn't understand the term "single use plastic" does she?

It doesn't mean that you cant wash out the container and use it for something else. It means that it can not be recycled and will eventually end up in landfill.

How many "little tubs" from non recyclable food containers does she think one household needs?

She really hasn't a clue and is as thick as mince.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
She’s so full of bullshit. As if she has the culinary wherewithal to think of using that as icing. Get to actual duck Jack.

Just been catching up (had my covid vaccine on Friday evening and had a horrible reaction to it, so the most I could do was read sporadically) and ffs, she’s probably out done herself if that were possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She doesn't understand the term "single use plastic" does she?

It doesn't mean that you cant wash out the container and use it for something else. It means that it can not be recycled and will eventually end up in landfill.

How many "little tubs" from non recyclable food containers does she think one household needs?

She really hasn't a clue and is as thick as mince.
This. A thousand times this.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I HATE how she tells squiggles about recipes from Veganish or whatever - YOU NEVER MAKE YOUR OWN RECIPES LOVE SO WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE?

"Oh the vegan cheese recipes from my own cookbook? No darling, they're for lower class people who can't afford to have the ready made stuff delivered. Poor sods."

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Hi gang,

I spotted a top tip recently and I've decanted 6 tubs of mixed herbs into an empty milk bottle. I now have 6 empty herb tubs, has anyone got any ideas on what to do with them?
I have genuinely just chortled out loud at this

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Cover them in wallpaper and replace the tops with circles of fabric from an old denim shirt held in place with elastic bands. They make lovely pots to put your herbs in.
Please stop, you're killing me today!!! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Here’s the ingredients for Jack’s recipe for ricotta from Veganish, there’s one from a book written in 2005 underneath without comment.
2BFE94AC-40A5-4D6A-835C-317F3FC31E2A.jpeg
A3154D8A-B6CA-4182-B718-C4B72F6DD7D0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I HATE how she tells squiggles about recipes from Veganish or whatever - YOU NEVER MAKE YOUR OWN RECIPES LOVE SO WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE?

"Oh the vegan cheese recipes from my own cookbook? No darling, they're for lower class people who can't afford to have the ready made stuff delivered. Poor sods."
If the vegan cheese from her own cookbook is so good, why on God's green earth would she pay over the odds for shop bought stuff?

Make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.