Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
6 days before book due and she's still scrabbling around for (other people's) ideas to put in it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
also, after reading that little thread, and in keeping with uncle "during the poverty" albert jack, it's made me go all

🎶 miles and miles of carpet tiles, TVs, deep freeze, david bowie LPs 🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You have all been so on fire today I'm surprised Jack hasn't pretended to be a firefighter again and tried to put you all out. This may not be the only corner of the internet for sass but it is the funniest, top tier sass I've ever come across.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
To be fair she is an expert at reusing other people's ideas in a book she gets paid for.

And why oh why is she committing to sending signed copies to people? Has she learned NOTHING?

It's the bleeping kickstarter chaos all over again!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
View attachment 401573View attachment 401575
She’s so manipulative, pretending to be vegan when there’s probably Ocado’s entire deli section of cheese in the Smeg.
The vegan applewood is amazing, actually nicer than normal applewood and melts to an almost liquid consistency.

I'm not vegan but have a lactose intolerant child and I fell in love with this cheese and use it quite a lot. Most vegan cheeses are pretty rank.

Reactions: 28
So, less than a week to deadline and she's STILL attempting to crowdsource content for her book. It's going to be 50% unused recipes from 2014 (which clearly speaks volumes as to their quality if they haven't managed to make it into books 1-6 in spite of her notorious "path of least effort" approach), 25% life hacks (including such gems as "Decant jars of things into another jar" and "Keep your washing up water hot with a baking tray, presumably while you spend an hour chasing dopamine hits on Twitter") and 25% tips she's taken from randomers and won't have had time to test. This is truly going to be one for the ages.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Just had a flashback to some creepy photos of proud folks in jumpers they'd knit from their pet's fur! 😀 It's definitley a thing.
I have a really horrid feeling this has already been discussed by Jackalack on twitter with regards to Floofle’s hair.

Can’t be sure it wasn’t a horrid dream.

So, less than a week to deadline and she's STILL attempting to crowdsource content for her book. It's going to be 50% unused recipes from 2014 (which clearly speaks volumes as to their quality if they haven't managed to make it into books 1-6 in spite of her notorious "path of least effort" approach), 25% life hacks (including such gems as "Decant jars of things into another jar" and "Keep your washing up water hot with a baking tray, presumably while you spend an hour chasing dopamine hits on Twitter") and 25% tips she's taken from randomers and won't have had time to test. This is truly going to be one for the ages.
We are all here for it though aren’t we?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Her upcoming book should include a reference to Twitter. She seems to have invested more time to that than "The Book"

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I have a really horrid feeling this has already been discussed by Jackalack on twitter with regards to Floofle’s hair.

Can’t be sure it wasn’t a horrid dream.

We are all here for it though aren’t we?
Yes, absolutely x

(I'm already planning to take the day off work on release day)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Surely to get tumble dryer fluff you’d need to own a tumble dryer and afford to run it, which is notoriously expensive, yet she has a go at recipe writers who don’t factor in the cost of tin openers? duck right off.

On the plus side I’d heard of Dr Rupy before Jack was on, and I must admit some of his stuff is a bit woo for me, but after watching his series I made one of his recipes tonight and it was nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.