Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @SoulRebel ❤

Sorry I went all terminator mad Cabal. Jack has struck a nerve today and I think I dislike her. Rabbits literally are my niche professionally and personally and I'd like to think that I elevenerife everyone on Tattle (I promise I'm not boasting) when it comes to my knowledge and experience (happy to be elevenerifed though). We have come a long way from the child's pet, hutch dwelling, lettuce eating trope. But there is still a great deal of ignorance and misconception around the species. They are poorly studied too. Most veterinary degrees offer around one month's study of exotics out of a five year course unless you specialize 🔺️ Rabbits require a lot of dedication, knowledge and understanding. With the right care and good genes they can live 12+ years but they are wholly reliant on humans providing the right conditions. A bad diet can be fatal, missing the signs of gut stasis which are subtle is also fatal. You have to know what you are doing or God help the poor animal. Too many rabbits die lonely painful deaths and should not be trusted to people like Jack who buy 'cheap' pets on a whim.
Rabbits are beautiful, agile creatures with a huge capacity for roaming, jumping, zooming, digging, playing and more. They love light, plants, toys, space, good company, physical affection and good food. They are intelligent, playful, mischievous, some are aloof, some take time to trust you, some are like soppy labradors and all are deserving of good ownership.

I've spent a long time mopping up other people's mistakes in relation to animals and it wearies you eventually. There is still so much cruelty and neglect among all species 😭 and I hate it.

I need to take a wee break and do something different but I'd like you meet Poppy and Willow my little couple who love their life in a big shed with windows, tons of hay (we buy bales), appropriate types and quantities of veg and lots of love from us. Willow is going on 9 and Poppy is his third partner because when one passes away the other pines so you have to rebond to a new partner. Poppy is 3 and they adore each other. Their door is open all day well into midnight. They have direct access to their own garden which is really my side garden (complete with anti predator netting and fencing) which I adapted and built for them. They play in all weathers, love snow and enjoy the big garden too especially when it comes to nibbling my raspberry leaves. They are an absolute joy and deserve the very best in life. Both are genuine rescues too. Never ever buy animals, always go to a registered and certified rescue.

View attachment 400744
View attachment 400745
View attachment 400748

Sorry to go OT there, Jack is a bleep, a prick and hole etc etc. Not being a troll Jack btw, just stating the facts which I have forensically studied since last March 😉
Just been reading Peter Rabbit to Mini V - lovely rabbit photos, they look so bouncy and happy

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This makes perfect sense. My youngest daughter had her first child when she was 22 and so did I (hi Jack) and when her little boy stayed with me one time I had forgotten to buy jam. He banged on about it for ages, saying 'Nana couldn't find the jam'.
That's all that happened and it was a funny family story but making it into your life's opus is seriously twisted.

Oh, hi Jack is a word! Hijack 🙃 Is this where I should use an Oxford comma?
When I was young, I once asked my parents if my grandma was poor because she fried her own chips rather than buy them from the chip shop 🤷‍♀️ side note but my grandma once substituted sugar puffs for pearl barley in a stew and I wish that were a lie 😬 (Actually brb while I submit that for jack's next book)

• Haha
Reactions: 67
It's almost as if the only people who need to use food banks look like extras from Angela's ashes. Round here some of the people worst affected by the economic impact of covid are taxi drivers, most of whom are Asian. Not everyone's default cuisine is rinsed beans
Exactly, it all depends on the demographics served which the food banks will know far better than Jack or RM. The one I help at is always grateful for spice donations too, they’re not part of the base package handed out but they go in the extras area that people can pick things from and tend to go fast and be really appreciated.

I did think it was interesting it was the food bank RM’s beans were auctioned off for that defended the coconut milk, and it seems to have stopped her in her tracks.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She became a single mother in 2009. Labour was in government from 1997 to 2010.
When I was young, I once asked my parents if my grandma was poor because she fried her own chips rather than buy them from the chip shop 🤷‍♀️ side note but my grandma once substituted sugar puffs for pearl barley in a stew and I wish that were a lie 😬 (Actually brb while I submit that for jack's next book)

⭐
I substituted pearl barley for sugar puffs, red wine for milk, and the veg for extra sugar puffs. Tasted nothing like stew and more like breakfast. Would not cook again.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
This is what irritated me so much about her at the time I found her on the long since deleted Facebook account. People with experience of the benefits system advised her again, and again, not to get a part time job/ be a self employed crafter, because it complicated claiming. I couldn't understand why she wouldn't listen as she had a child who she said was cold and hungry.
Welcome dear new member and do please spill all the tea, we have plenty of rag rugs to soak it all up

Edit: guess who’s back, back again 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: 25
What gorgeous rabbits @People-huv-tae-know 🥰 (Jack will NOT ruin that emoji for me). Thank space you for talking about them and their care. Your knowledge and passion radiates through your words.

Jack is a disgrace in so many ways 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 34
You miss a couple of days on this forum, come back, and now Jack is an artist in addition to being a guitarist, pianist, cook, crafter, etc etc.

Jack of all trades, doctor of none.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Thank you @SoulRebel ❤

Sorry I went all terminator mad Cabal. Jack has struck a nerve today and I think I dislike her. Rabbits literally are my niche professionally and personally and I'd like to think that I elevenerife everyone on Tattle (I promise I'm not boasting) when it comes to my knowledge and experience (happy to be elevenerifed though). We have come a long way from the child's pet, hutch dwelling, lettuce eating trope. But there is still a great deal of ignorance and misconception around the species. They are poorly studied too. Most veterinary degrees offer around one month's study of exotics out of a five year course unless you specialize 🔺️ Rabbits require a lot of dedication, knowledge and understanding. With the right care and good genes they can live 12+ years but they are wholly reliant on humans providing the right conditions. A bad diet can be fatal, missing the signs of gut stasis which are subtle is also fatal. You have to know what you are doing or God help the poor animal. Too many rabbits die lonely painful deaths and should not be trusted to people like Jack who buy 'cheap' pets on a whim.
Rabbits are beautiful, agile creatures with a huge capacity for roaming, jumping, zooming, digging, playing and more. They love light, plants, toys, space, good company, physical affection and good food. They are intelligent, playful, mischievous, some are aloof, some take time to trust you, some are like soppy labradors and all are deserving of good ownership.

I've spent a long time mopping up other people's mistakes in relation to animals and it wearies you eventually. There is still so much cruelty and neglect among all species 😭 and I hate it.

I need to take a wee break and do something different but I'd like you meet Poppy and Willow my little couple who love their life in a big shed with windows, tons of hay (we buy bales), appropriate types and quantities of veg and lots of love from us. Willow is going on 9 and Poppy is his third partner because when one passes away the other pines so you have to rebond to a new partner. Poppy is 3 and they adore each other. Their door is open all day well into midnight. They have direct access to their own garden which is really my side garden (complete with anti predator netting and fencing) which I adapted and built for them. They play in all weathers, love snow and enjoy the big garden too especially when it comes to nibbling my raspberry leaves. They are an absolute joy and deserve the very best in life. Both are genuine rescues too. Never ever buy animals, always go to a registered and certified rescue.

View attachment 400744
View attachment 400745
View attachment 400748

Sorry to go OT there, Jack is a bleep, a prick and hole etc etc. Not being a troll Jack btw, just stating the facts which I have forensically studied since last March 😉
They are absolutely adorable. If only all animals had such caring and diligent owners. Which one is Willow and which one is Poppy ? 🐰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thank you @SoulRebel ❤

View attachment 400744
View attachment 400745
View attachment 400748

They're beautiful

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Exactly, it all depends on the demographics served which the food banks will know far better than Jack or RM. The one I help at is always grateful for spice donations too, they’re not part of the base package handed out but they go in the extras area that people can pick things from and tend to go fast and be really appreciated.

I did think it was interesting it was the food bank RM’s beans were auctioned off for that defended the coconut milk, and it seems to have stopped her in her tracks.
It’s weird that an evil canal of bullies has educated me more about food banks than Jack ever has. They shouldn’t exist but I’m even thinking of the fact my local coop does ridiculous discounts (8p for a pack of gingerbread chocolate digestives not out of date TIL April this year) and thinking next time they have ‘good’ stuff on offer like that I will buy it all for the food bank. They have a collection at the end of their till as well. I’m glad for the tips previously around curry sauce instead of a load of spices and will think about better donations going forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I mean, household management? She never opens her bills! Not sure how I feel about Jack Kondo
Not that I could ever name the ultimate Jack version I don't like but household management Jack is ridiculous. How many times did she need a bloody skip during the last few years? And more references of decluttering can be found on her Insta.
She spends too much, she has too much stuff. Which part of household management is that??? Not just eating up leftovers but adding 50 more ingredients to it to create a maverick meal. Having a patreon and a tip jar? Household management??? Not remotely completed it, mate!

And the garage bunny? WTF?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She is her own worst enemy, and those around her suffer.

It wasn't shame or stigma, she utterly revels in her time "in poverty".

I stand by my view that this is all about punishing her parents. If her child is collateral damage then so be it, it's worth it to her.

That's why she makes me angry and sad.
Yes I completely agree with you. They didn’t support her the way she wanted so she jacked in her job and became ‘poor’ and everything since then has been about punishing them.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Who are RSM and JM to dictate what should go in food bank bags? Our local foodbank is run by incredibly helpful and thoughtful people... I am sure they would ask if there was something "unusual" ( imo coconut milk could be completely unknown to some families and a staple to others) or give them the opportunity to swap/donate it back.

It is so frustrating to see someone accused of punching down when they are doing the exact opposite of that. If you need to get
Food from a foodbank unfortunately choice becomes a luxury. Sad, but true. So, if you don't have much choice over that food, surely it's better to have some advice about how to cook the contents rather than it gather dust.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Check ur privilege, hun! Saint Jack can’t even afford butter, so asking her to spend £24 on an animal that she chose to have is disgusting of you. Jack, I’ll put £24 in your tip jar my darling angel, you don’t have to put up with this hellsite ☹
I would normally send her one but Caroline Hands is still furloughed, I don't want to go near the bungalow and I also don't want the cage to find the same fate the trolley(s?) had that got sent to her business address but miraculously all got lost...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
@People-huv-tae-know those bunnies are beautiful and you are a total babe of bun knowledge
Still OT - I have just filled in my application to a rescue over in Notts for some more rescue rats after lockdown finishes as my current crop of ratbags are getting on a bit. The application process was longer than some of my job applications (including the job I actually have now) which....given I'm looking after real creatures is as is should be. Although one is in rat baby jail for nearly making her cage mate's heart stop.

On topic: I am really concerned about a lone bunny in a garage. I wonder if the viggles are on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It’s weird that an evil canal of bullies has educated me more about food banks than Jack ever has. They shouldn’t exist but I’m even thinking of the fact my local coop does ridiculous discounts (8p for a pack of gingerbread chocolate digestives not out of date TIL April this year) and thinking next time they have ‘good’ stuff on offer like that I will buy it all for the food bank. They have a collection at the end of their till as well. I’m glad for the tips previously around curry sauce instead of a load of spices and will think about better donations going forward.
Maybe stating the obvious but it’s always worth checking on their website/Facebook too to see if there’s anything they particularly need or don’t need at the time.

One thing that I always recommend for mine (probably worth checking with your local to see if they dispense toiletries) is bubble bath for children, its not “essential” and it’s again something we’d let the parents pick to have or not because of sensitive skin or only having a shower but we’ve had some really great feedback about it.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.