Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why have a pet and not have them within easy reach?

To keep it in a garage away from any form of comfort or communication , whether or not rabbits are solitary, is cruel and what’s the point of having one if they’re sidelined like this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Check ur privilege, hun! Saint Jack can’t even afford butter, so asking her to spend £24 on an animal that she chose to have is disgusting of you. Jack, I’ll put £24 in your tip jar my darling angel, you don’t have to put up with this hellsite ☹
Knowing Jackie she will find one for 50p in a dirty puddle.

Reactions: 26
Until I see a picture of Dash reading today's Sunday Express, I won't believe he's still there

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Thank you @SoulRebel ❤

Sorry I went all terminator mad Cabal. Jack has struck a nerve today and I think I dislike her. Rabbits literally are my niche professionally and personally and I'd like to think that I elevenerife everyone on Tattle (I promise I'm not boasting) when it comes to my knowledge and experience (happy to be elevenerifed though). We have come a long way from the child's pet, hutch dwelling, lettuce eating trope. But there is still a great deal of ignorance and misconception around the species. They are poorly studied too. Most veterinary degrees offer around one month's study of exotics out of a five year course unless you specialize 🔺️ Rabbits require a lot of dedication, knowledge and understanding. With the right care and good genes they can live 12+ years but they are wholly reliant on humans providing the right conditions. A bad diet can be fatal, missing the signs of gut stasis which are subtle is also fatal. You have to know what you are doing or God help the poor animal. Too many rabbits die lonely painful deaths and should not be trusted to people like Jack who buy 'cheap' pets on a whim.
Rabbits are beautiful, agile creatures with a huge capacity for roaming, jumping, zooming, digging, playing and more. They love light, plants, toys, space, good company, physical affection and good food. They are intelligent, playful, mischievous, some are aloof, some take time to trust you, some are like soppy labradors and all are deserving of good ownership.

I've spent a long time mopping up other people's mistakes in relation to animals and it wearies you eventually. There is still so much cruelty and neglect among all species 😭 and I hate it.

I need to take a wee break and do something different but I'd like you meet Poppy and Willow my little couple who love their life in a big shed with windows, tons of hay (we buy bales), appropriate types and quantities of veg and lots of love from us. Willow is going on 9 and Poppy is his third partner because when one passes away the other pines so you have to rebond to a new partner. Poppy is 3 and they adore each other. Their door is open all day well into midnight. They have direct access to their own garden which is really my side garden (complete with anti predator netting and fencing) which I adapted and built for them. They play in all weathers, love snow and enjoy the big garden too especially when it comes to nibbling my raspberry leaves. They are an absolute joy and deserve the very best in life. Both are genuine rescues too. Never ever buy animals, always go to a registered and certified rescue.

View attachment 400744
View attachment 400745
View attachment 400748

Sorry to go OT there, Jack is a bleep, a prick and hole etc etc. Not being a troll Jack btw, just stating the facts which I have forensically studied since last March 😉
Thank you for sharing these photos, they have made my day. Poppy and Willow are beautiful! :love: They look like such happy and healthy rabbits, this has made my heart sing!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It's the top/first reply on Nigella's garden photo on Instagram. (Might only be at the top if you follow Jack, not sure).

This is in my all-time top 3 cringes. What on earth does she think she will achieve? Nigella is far too polite, but one of her circle really need to tell, Jack ...

• Haha
Reactions: 41
This is in my all-time top 3 cringes. What on earth does she think she will achieve? Nigella is far too polite, but one of her circle really need to tell, Jack ...

Isn't it?!
I've cringed so hard my hole is now keeping my hair out of my eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Greetings from the dark side, and the poverty stricken north. Newbie here who only just REALISED in recent weeks what an absolute fraud jack is! Am posting this before I read the thread so I'm not sure my entrance will be appropriate but I beg, implore,plead with all that my cold dead heart can summon of you to let me join in your (ceaseless bullying) truth seeking of our faux poor jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
I’ve just liked her comment, hoping she might message me now 😂
I would love for you to make a closer friend out of this! Please let us know if it goes well (oh my gosh imagine if she turns out to be a Frau!)

I am going to lose my mind if she posts her drawing online. I have this horrible vision of it being incredibly amateur but all the blue ticks are telling her how great her lovely drawing is it's going right in the downstairs bathroom next to the emin.

(I am a TERRIBLE artist so not judging any amateurs - it's the fact she instantly thinks she's an expert when she isn't, at knitting, drawing, photography etc)
20210124_183920.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Not true I'm afraid. They are social prey species who live in large groups in the wild. They NEED companionship and a rabbit who lives alone and fawns over the human or even the predatory cat is a desperately lonely animal that craves companionship. Jack is being cruel.
Thank you for confirming this, I suspected Jack was lying for her own benefit (as usual)... a long time ago now but I had a pair of rabbits, was fairly sure we were told they like company hence the pair, when one died (of old age) the other made friends with our kitten and they’d play together, most definitely social animals. Is Jack’s lonely rabbit a matter for the RSPCA?

Edit: Your rabbits look fab @People-huv-tae-know ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Exactly, it all depends on the demographics served which the food banks will know far better than Jack or RM. The one I help at is always grateful for spice donations too, they’re not part of the base package handed out but they go in the extras area that people can pick things from and tend to go fast and be really appreciated.

I did think it was interesting it was the food bank RM’s beans were auctioned off for that defended the coconut milk, and it seems to have stopped her in her tracks.

Like where I am, at my last place, I'd have all the lads knocking on my office door at lunchtime to ask if I could let them use my tub of chilli flakes in order to make their FSMs palatable. No point catering for the whitest blandest palate in Southend when the common denominator for all demographics in my area was heat.

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.