Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more you think about it the odder it gets. I can't recall a single time I've ever seen her mention cleaning out the rabbit hutch (which to do properly takes time and effort) purchasing bedding for the rabbit, washing his bowls, drinker etc.
It just doesn't make sense when she witters on inanely about almost every other aspect of her life.
Where is she purchasing hay and bedding? No mention of the trek thru swamp and jungle

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Yes, Jack chosing to be stubborn about accepting help from numerous quarters punished her child. Who had no choice.
So this constant dwelling on the period of her life when she turned her back on the help available must hurt her family and friends over and over again.
How she can see herself as a spokesperson for poverty, when she had options yet so many others just do not, is baffling.
Literally seems like she's profiting off the fact she made a really terrible and somewhat selfish decision in the past. People in poverty don't choose to be in that position, but everything she's said leads me to believe she chose that path.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Literally seems like she's profiting off the fact she made a really terrible and somewhat selfish decision in the past. People in poverty don't choose to be in that position, but everything she's said leads me to believe she chose that path.
And if she was alone in that choice, it wouldn't matter. But what she did was subject her child to hunger and cold (if you believe her story) and that is not OK. In fact it is despicable.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
Yes, Jack chosing to be stubborn about accepting help from numerous quarters punished her child. Who had no choice.
So this constant dwelling on the period of her life when she turned her back on the help available must hurt her family and friends over and over again.
How she can see herself as a spokesperson for poverty, when she had options yet so many others just do not, is baffling.
She is her own worst enemy, and those around her suffer.

It wasn't shame or stigma, she utterly revels in her time "in poverty".

I stand by my view that this is all about punishing her parents. If her child is collateral damage then so be it, it's worth it to her.

That's why she makes me angry and sad.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
Is this the closest she’s ever come to actually admitting she had a safety net that she could have used? And that it was thus unnecessary for her to put her son through that (if she actually did).
All she needs to do is 1) acknowledge that on a larger scale, thank her parents for being there and accepting that most people don't have the same privileges and 2) stop haranguing her followers with the idea that she's still extremely poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Southern Fraus, is it snowing in Southend?

If not, I bet she is stamping around with fury that she can’t write some overblown tosh filled with similes and mixed metaphors that make no sense about her Sunday in the snow.
Not a clue, but it surely did in east sussex ⛄📐

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is this the closest she’s ever come to actually admitting she had a safety net that she could have used? And that it was thus unnecessary for her to put her son through that (if she actually did).
She didn't, I am more than ever convinced that the whole story is a pack of lies. Seeing evidence of hundreds if not thousands of ridiculous and unnecessary untruths, twisting of facts to suit a narrative and downright vicious cruelty, I no longer believe a word she says. Can you imagine saying that you don't have a toaster then putting a photo of your toaster on social media the same day? It's all utter madness!

#toastertruther #angryveganswilltakeherdown

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Christ
Is Nigella just avoiding the pile on by tolerating her because this is just painful and I never took the fragrant Ms Lawson as a fool
I would love it if Nigella responded with "duck off you tedious rim job".

• Haha
Reactions: 80
Food bank chat. I think it’s better to give meal type things than spices/ herbs, but you could add them as an extra. Chickpeas and coconut milk are either staples or baffling- I think they are both good donation items as they are central to various Middle Eastern/ Thai/ vegan dishes. None of my kids friends would eat hummus or Thai curry when we lived in the UK though, I think it’s unfair to expect stressed and hungry people to suddenly start rinsing beans to make disappointing burgers etc, nobody should be cook shamed. My mum was a terrible cook growing up (1980s stew/ microwave magic) she wouldn’t know what to do with chickpeas or coconut milk if she visited a food bank, but could crack on indefinitely with pasta, packet sauces and the odd tin of tuna.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She didn't, I am more than ever convinced that the whole story is a pack of lies. Seeing evidence of hundreds if not thousands of ridiculous and unnecessary untruths, twisting of facts to suit a narrative and downright vicious cruelty, I no longer believe a word she says. Can you imagine saying that you don't have a toaster then putting a photo of your toaster on social media the same day? It's all utter madness!

I didn’t realise the toaster claim and photo was on the same day!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22

My current theory is that it’s all just twisted from tiny nuggets of truth into lies. So perhaps SB asked for more jam and they didn’t have any left because she’d not been to the shops or had forgotten it (I mean, we’ve all had to say no more milk on your cereal today because we forgot the milk!) but that tale is morphed into she couldn’t afford it.

She moved somewhere that had key meters and she had to budget more carefully for that, which turns into the gas co broke in and fitted them.

She took lightbulbs when she left a house, which turns into her second hand lightbulb sales story.

All twisted and changed as appropriate for the audience she wants to tell them too.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
One of the food banks actually commented to say they gets loads of coconut milk and thought the recipe was really useful.
to be honest this has got me thinking that next foodbank donation it might be nice to donate a load of spices or would it be better to just stick to standard tins?
Well I’ve been and liked his tweets 👻

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was looking at reviews of Veganish and it doesn't look as if Jack has learned anything since. Poor Adele 🙁
Just catching up but Imagine if this was one of the viggle's, their "origin story" to use jack parlance 😂
She hasn't specifically said the video of Dash is new/from today, but I'm just pointing out it's from September last year. It's the comic effect video she made, but without the filter.
Ok now I'm sure the rabbit is no longer with Jack. We'd be inundated with cute rabbit pics if they were, based on how she never stops spewing cooper photos from every social media orifice. (Or are bunny pics significantly worse for engagement?)

Also @CabalofBolorneaise you should absolutely casually message that person you know! It's always great to have another person to witch with 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
A hutch ffs 🙁 trust jack to use an outdated cruel form of housing that limits an animal the ability to stand up or stretch out to it's full height/length. Poor creature can't exhibit natural behaviours in a hutch either like digging or nesting. Just duck off Jack once and for all please.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
My current theory is that it’s all just twisted from tiny nuggets of truth into lies. So perhaps SB asked for more jam and they didn’t have any left because she’d not been to the shops or had forgotten it (I mean, we’ve all had to say no more milk on your cereal today because we forgot the milk!) but that tale is morphed into she couldn’t afford it.

She moved somewhere that had key meters and she had to budget more carefully for that, which turns into the gas co broke in and fitted them.

She took lightbulbs when she left a house, which turns into her second hand lightbulb sales story.

All twisted and changed as appropriate for the audience she wants to tell them too.
One day my kids will maybe write about me constantly running out of stuff. Fair play if they can get 7 books out of sometimes having to have a marmite sandwich for packed lunch because we ran out of cheese, or being the only kid without a bento box.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.